Airwalkrr's 4e Game IC: Ch 1 Sedition

airwalkrr

Adventurer
GM: wolfattack, make sure to roll healing word's bonus and apply your wisdom modifier if you use it on your action. Since it is your ability, I expect you to roll the bonus healing. I rolled this time, so Petron heals 7 + healing surge and is now at 30/31.

As for Diplomacy, no. You can use Intimidate as a standard action to force a bloodied creature into surrender. It is opposed by their Will defense. Per the rules, this is generally pretty difficult as hostile enemies get a +10 to resist although I would be inclined to deny enemies who are clearly outmatched that bonus, especially in situations where it might be one bloodied enemy standing.

You can also use Diplomacy in combat as a standard action, but it is generally only going to be allowed for two situations: 1) getting an NPC who hasn't declared sides to fight with you or 2) attempting to cease hostilities through mutual non-aggression. But Diplomacy isn't used to force a surrender, especially not after you just hit someone over the head. That isn't what I'd call "tact, subtlety, or social grace."
The bloodied tiefling howls in fury at Krawlinstar upon being branded, "I'll never cow to you or your pathetic god! Now taste my steel!" She swings a wide arc with her longsword, but Krawlinstar's chainmail absorbs most of the blow (AC 14). She mutters a curse as the swing fails to harm her target, but still the attack is jarring enough that it gets Krawlinstar's attentions (Krawlinstar marked by fury1).

The other tielfing grunts with displeasure as Krawlinstar's magic virtually negates his strike. "Well, I can do better than that!" he cries, swinging again. Unfortunately his strike is well-intentioned, but poorly executed. He slips upon the tile floor and the strike flies right over Petron's head. (natural 1) Nevertheless, the raw fury and prowess of the tielfing manages to keep Petron's attention (Petron marked).
GM: Begin Player Phase 7
Petron damaged 1 and marked by fury2 until end of player phase 8.
Lia marked by fury1 until end of player phase 7.
Fury1 slowed until end of player phase 7.
Krawlinstar marked by fury1 until end of player phase 8.

Attachments

• smcgf_playerphase7.jpg
    smcgf_playerphase7.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 58

drothgery

First Post
OOC: Quick questions
1) Did Fury1 make its saves against staying slowed and taking ongoing damage (from Lia's power)
2) If not, did you include the 5 damage from that in your total?
Taking advantage of Kwal and Petron holding the line, Lia moves back to a position more appropriate for an archer, then fires another pair of arrows at the fury that is holding her attention.[sblock=ooc]move: move to O8
standard: twin strike vs. fury 1[/sblock]Frustrated with missing, she finds the energy to fire twice more[sblock=ooc]free: use action point
standard: twin strike vs. fury 1[/sblock]Her third and fourth shots fare much better, finding clean hits on the tiefling.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Erik

A bit shocked his magic was so easily ignored, Erik invokes the other spell again, the one thy were not able to resist.
"Arcanum Telum!"

[sblock=OOC]

Standard: Magic Missle for 6 force damage on Tiefling 1. I f he is already out, he will target number 2

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Erik Apeldan
Perception: 17 Insight: 17 Normal Vision
AC 17 Fortitude 13 Reflex 15 Will 15
Initiative: +1
Hit Points: 24 / 24 Bloodied: 12
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist:
Saving Throw: -
Milestones: 1.5
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:6 Surges per day: 7 / 8
At-Will Powers: Magic Missle, Stoneblood, Thunderwave
Encounter Powers: Staff of Defense, Leaden Transmutation
Daily Powers: Slimy Transmutation

Condition:

XP: 575
Items: 70gp, 1 Healing Potion
[/sblock][/sblock]

wolfattack

First Post
GM: wolfattack, make sure to roll healing word's bonus and apply your wisdom modifier if you use it on your action. Since it is your ability, I expect you to roll the bonus healing. I rolled this time, so Petron heals 7 + healing surge and is now at 30/31.
GM:

OOC: Sorry,i was thinking that Petron's player was supposed to roll the bonus healing. but you said you rolled a 7.how? the healing value he recovered from Healing Word is a healing surge + 1d6. or there was a errata for this power too? and drothgery,you have add the +3 Power bonus from Righteous Brand in your attack? Walking Dad,where did you rolled your attack and damage? not trying to be a pain in the ass,just curious if there is another method for rolling dices here.

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
OOC: Voda Vosa (Petron's player) is on vacation somewhere with limited internet access. I've been mostly running Petron this combat, but airwalkrr has said any of us can.
Lia did apply the +3 from RB to her attacks; her normal Dex weapon attack with a bow (and so with almost all of her powers) is +8. Also despite my poor rolls before using Lia's action point, thanks; if the DM is using the stock version of these guys, we need a power bonus or combat advantage + some other trick to get to 50% to hit them.
Walking Dad had Erik use magic missile; it always hits, and does a fixed amount of damage. No rolls needed.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
GM: drothgery, I forgot to add in the ongoing damage, although the tiefling did save. Thanks for reminding me.

wolfattack, I added your Wisdom modifier to the roll. It was 4+3. Any cleric power with the healing keyword heals an additional number of hp equal to the cleric's Wisdom modifier.
In a flurry of archery, Lia pulls out an incredible heroic feat, getting off four shots. The first flies past the tiefling, narrowly missing. The second is deflected by the tiefling's sword in a lucky parry. But then Lia finds her center and takes advantage of the tiefling being off balance from the first two attacks. The next two shots ring home, striking the tiefling in the stomach and then the chest. The shots are clean, and one arrow pierces through the tiefling to her back. She keels over unconscious.

Erik turns his attention to the remaining foe, his magic missile flying straight into the fury and winding him a bit. The battle has now gotten interesting. Can a single warrior take on the entire party alone? Both sides have suffered some wounds, but now the tide appears to be turning.
GM: Petron and Krawlinstar are up. As drothgery pointed out, anyone can take Petron's turn for him while Voda Vosa is away.
Petron damaged 1 and marked by fury2 until end of player phase 8.

Attachments

• smcgf_playerphase7a.jpg
    smcgf_playerphase7a.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 60

wolfattack

First Post
OOC:
Walking Dad had Erik use magic missile; it always hits, and does a fixed amount of damage. No rolls needed.

OOC: Must be from some other book then or a errata,because in the PHB it says that the attack needs a Int vs Ref check to hit.

Wielding his mace with his 2 hands again,he puts the mace upper his head,and trys to hit the remaining Tiefling with all his force,praying that the God of the sun will guide his hand.unfortunately,the Tiefling manages to dodge the attack. it seems Krawlinstar didn't have enough faith in his attack.

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
"Perhaps your god intends you to stand back and be a healer," the tiefling taunts, "clearly your martial prowess is lacking!"
GM: Petron is up. Anyone can take his action for him. I believe the only limited power he has used is his daily.

wolfattack

First Post
OOC: i'll take Petron this time,let me see if i'm lucky with this character.
Actions: Standard -> Lunging Strike on fury2.

Jumping against his enemy without hesitation,Petron let his Battleaxe falls in the head of its enemy with all the power of his two strong arms. Ha! hold this if you are so good as you think! Petron says after he hits a blow in the tiefling with his weapon.

OOC: i don't know if i have hit the tiefling,but i'll assume yes,since the result was high.if i'm wrong,just ignore the rolls.the correct total damage was 15,i forgett to add the +1 damage bonus for the versatile property of his weapon.

Last edited:

Remove ads