• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Are you going to buy 5e?

Are you going to buy 5e?

• Yes, pre-ordered it

Votes: 135 48.6%
  • Yes, but haven't pre-ordered

Votes: 72 25.9%
  • No, but I might

Votes: 50 18.0%
  • No, it's not my kind of game

Votes: 21 7.6%

DDNFan

Banned
Banned
Where's my "No, but I'm waiting in line July 3rd" option? Just because I don't pre-order things doesn't mean I'm not interested in them.

I preordered to get the early bird prices but am waiting for the 3rd, tentatively to see whether I'll be clicking "Cancel Order".

Probably. Eventually.

I'm not going to be in a particular hurry, though.

NOTE: Never did buy 4e. Play 3.5 using the SRD and bought all of the supplementary books, but never rebought the core books. Still annoyed that my 3e books were outdated so quickly.

am181d

Adventurer
I stopped buying 4e books when they dropped the PDF option.

I won't buy 5e unless they have a PDF or comparable option available.

It maybe sounds harsh, but it's just a practical reality.

JoeCrow

Explorer
I preordered to get the early bird prices but am waiting for the 3rd, tentatively to see whether I'll be clicking "Cancel Order".

Me too. My semi-local game store didn't even know they could get the stuff two weeks early, despite being part of the Wizards network, so I dunno if they're gonna get it on the 3rd but if they do, I'll take the seven dollar hit, buy it there, and cancel my online preorder. Seems like the responsible thing to do.

All over it, pre ordered from Amazon (no way to get it that cheap, or even at all, here in NZ). Seems an ideal game for me and my kids, start on the basics and slowly introduce stuff that we like as they get more into it.

samursus

Explorer
Pre-ordered the day they hit Amazon. I loves me some D&D, whatever flavor. Pretty stoked to be introducing my nieces and nephews to it. They seem pretty stoked too, especially when I showed them the covers. Ironically, I had to describe it to them in terms of World of Warcraft... a part of me died that day. :)

Quickleaf

Legend
You need to add the question "I will try the basic game for free, and then I will decide if I purchase anything".
Yep, that's me. I answered No, but I might since that was the closest option.

I've enjoyed the playtest overall, but the verdict is still out. It will depend on what the rest of my gaming group think; we've been on hiatus from gaming for a bit. 4e has been out poison of choice so far, but I could definitely see switching to an older "rules-lighter/less defined" model like 5e. Then again, I'm tempted to unleash Dungeon World on my players and see how they respond.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads