D&D (2024) Bastion rules: every pub owner is at least 13th level

nevin

Hero
except you'll have to be 20th level to get the extractor to take out the midi-Cloren's and use them with Bastion..... but have fun...till the wizards figure out everyone with a special ability has them too.....:)

I thought people like siloed subsystems that don't entangle themselves with other systems?

I thought DMs don't like it when players can just buy character power? If it's bad that a player can just buy a magic sword, shouldn't a ranch also cause a ruckus?

I thought people wanted things besides more combat options??

nevin

Hero
the entire system is about buying power just gating it at the set levels.

some of us want things that are more like real world and less like World of warcraft hello kitty housing projects.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
the entire system is about buying power just gating it at the set levels.

some of us want things that are more like real world and less like World of warcraft hello kitty housing projects.
Then don't use these? Also, probably a nice way to say that, as clearly some people like the idea ...

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Or just dump the MMO nonsense and run it like it works in the real world. If the stable owner is willing to sell and if the PC has money who the hell cares what thier level is.... Damned stupid supplement that will cause more problems than it solves.
The proposed mechanics in UA literally don’t interfere at all with that. 🤷‍♂️

doctorbadwolf

This whole thread is based on a willful refusal to understand a very simple idea, and purposefully interpret it in a nonsensical way that is disconnected from what it actually does.

You can just buy a pub, smithy, keep, or hire guards. There is literally no indication anywhere, in any context, that the 2024 rules would ever potentially block you from doing so.

Horwath

Legend
This whole thread is based on a willful refusal to understand a very simple idea, and purposefully interpret it in a nonsensical way that is disconnected from what it actually does.

You can just buy a pub, smithy, keep, or hire guards. There is literally no indication anywhere, in any context, that the 2024 rules would ever potentially block you from doing so.
This is true,
however, this is a good place for 2024 that can combine Bastion/stronghold/downtime rules in one place.

This section should have both mundane and "magic" aspects of downtime/bastion unified.

As in, you can buy this business, but at 3rd/5th/9th or whatever level you can upgrade it to Bastion rules with it doing both mechanics.

And while we have Twilight cleric in mechanics, asking for a 13th level before you can give someone +60ft of darkvision for 24hrs is just a slap in the face.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
This is true,
however, this is a good place for 2024 that can combine Bastion/stronghold/downtime rules in one place.

This section should have both mundane and "magic" aspects of downtime/bastion unified.

As in, you can buy this business, but at 3rd/5th/9th or whatever level you can upgrade it to Bastion rules with it doing both mechanics.

And while we have Twilight cleric in mechanics, asking for a 13th level before you can give someone +60ft of darkvision for 24hrs is just a slap in the face.
I agree with all but the last. The Twilight Cleric is but 1 out of more than 100 subclasses. So very, very few PCs will be Twilight Clerics in the first place, and their ability is just 1 hour in length. 24 hours being granted to every subclass seems like it's okay at 13th level to me.

doctorbadwolf

This is true,

I’m fine either way on whether buying stuff should be combined with the bastion rules. I don’t think it needs to be, but I’m fine if they do it.
I don’t really agree with this part, but I’m not too invested either way.

Remove ads