• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

BattleStar Galactica:Season 3.5--3/25/07--Arc 20 (Season Conclusion)

LrdApoc

"Insert Title here"
Whatever one might think of the ending I think they are shooting themselves by holding off until 2008 for the next season. Plenty of time for people to forget and the ratings were already flagging downward this season.

I'm not as amazed as a lot of folks I guess.. some of the wrap up felt rushed to me - they could have expanded it and dropped some of the mid-season filler eps. Honestly not left salivating for more at this point. Maybe I'll come back, depends on what I'm doing in a year or so.

Steel_Wind

Legend
Omand said:
Hmmm ...

Following up Ibram's post. I wonder if Baltar's new friends are the cylons instead?

Cheers :)

Those are the Sagitarans. RD Moore has made it clear from the beginning of this arc that the Sagitarans and Baltar's role in killing some of them on New Caprica role was always meant to be bigger but they cut it back.

But that last bit remains. Those were not Cylons who took him. It's the Sagitarans.

Omand

Hero
andargor said:
Hmm, interesting, the whole "we are cyclon" thing could be a misinterpretation?

Also, for the freaks out there, could you please measure the distance between the current position of the fleet and Earth? You should be able to from the ending.

+/- 10 light-years would be great. :D

I think that the possible "We are cylons" were characters that we have seen having personal doubts and struggles over the past half season or so (and half year in show time). The music was a way to get them focussed and back into their characters and jobs.

The same thing happens with Lee in the episode (although his situation is not resolved, he is back in the cockpit).

Lots of people returning to what they should be doing, and doing well, but with a new perspective on themselves (although again, not quite the whole correct truth of the matter).

All IMHO, of course.

PS - If those four all end up being cylons, I will be quite surprised and perhaps even a little disappointed (as they were, actually). The female one would actually make sense, but the others, not so much.

Cheers again :)

Omand

Hero
OK, one more thing.

I really liked the discussions between Rosalin and Adama Sr in the episode, especially the one after the trial.

Nice interplay, and a role reversal (or at least viewpoint change) from the start of the series.

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
I'm gonna have to watch that again before I commit to any views. However, three points (A) it is not often commented upon, but the show makes very effective use of music, (B) I do not buy Tigh as a Cylon, other people have known his for too long, (C) It was nice too see Cat-Lawyer and Lee simply walk away from Baltar and his Ego.

Gonna be a long nine months.

Last edited:

Wormwood

Adventurer
I barely managed to ignore the spoilers that have infected the 'net in the past month.

So I have to know---were they accurate?

Omand

Hero
The Grumpy Celt said:
I'm gonna have to watch that again before I commit to any views. However, three points (A) it is not often commented upon, but the show makes very effective use of music, (B) I do not buy Tigh as a Cylon, other people have known his for too long, (C) It was nice too see Cat-Lawyer and Lee simply walk away from Baltar and his Ego.

Yes, another high point of the episode to me. Followed by Lee and the lawyer talking about truth and honesty with that nice little twist at the end of the conversation.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads