D&D Movie/TV Benedict Cumberbatch Joining D&D Movie?

According to The Sun, Benedict Cumberbatch is joining Chris Pine, Michelle Rodriguez, Rege-Jean Page, Hugh Grant and others in 2023's D&D movie. He was in the The Hobbit trilogy as Smaug, the dragon, and is well known as Sherlock Holmes in Sherlock. More recently he narrated an animated short about a Drizzt...

According to The Sun, Benedict Cumberbatch is joining Chris Pine, Michelle Rodriguez, Rege-Jean Page, Hugh Grant and others in 2023's D&D movie.

Benedict-Cumberbatch-Sherlock-.jpg

He was in the The Hobbit trilogy as Smaug, the dragon, and is well known as Sherlock Holmes in Sherlock. More recently he narrated an animated short about a Drizzt.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Being a decent actor, and choosing a good project, are different skillsets.
Sometimes you're not so much choosing good projects, but your agent is realising that $3M for a day's work is a good deal and will pay off the tax man!

embee

Lawyer by day. Rules lawyer by night.
Ask any botanically inclined Hollywood agent and they will tell you...

Cocaine doesn't grow on trees.

(It grows on bushes.)

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Sometimes you're not so much choosing good projects, but your agent is realising that $3M for a day's work is a good deal and will pay off the tax man!

I believe it was Michael Caine who said, about the movie Jaws: The Revenge, in which he played a role: "I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific."

He also said, "First of all, I choose the great roles, and if none of these come, I choose the mediocre ones, and if they don't come, I choose the ones that pay the rent."

And, "You get paid the same for a bad film as you do for a good one."

embee

Lawyer by day. Rules lawyer by night.
I believe it was Michael Caine who said, about the movie Jaws: The Revenge, in which he played a role: "I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific."

He also said, "First of all, I choose the great roles, and if none of these come, I choose the mediocre ones, and if they don't come, I choose the ones that pay the rent."

Caine gave an interview years back, saying that he hated being called a "prolific actor" as it's a job like any other. He said that one wouldn't say to a plumber (which he worked as), "My, you've certainly unclogged a lot of sinks. You're so prolific."

Lidgar

Gongfarmer

You know, I’ve always like that chap. Maybe he’ll show up in the movie too.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yeah I remember him saying that on Wossy.

Remove ads

Remove ads