Blizzard at Revel's End (OOC) Temporary Hiatus

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Well, someone ought to speak Reghedjic (the language of the glacial human nomadic tribes). Leatherworker's tool kit is fine. Who needs money?. Hermit Discovery? I'll think about it. So yeah, let's leave it for now.

I picked Goblin for my character’s second language because it didn’t know what to pick. I’ll switch it to Reghedjic, and let’s say his maternal grandfather is from the region, ok?
cheers

sg

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
It is worth seeing. That doesn't mean it is the greatest show ever. But it had such influence on people that knowing it is worth it. I'm ambivalent about it over all. I think it could have been better. It took itself seriously and yet there's a level of camp as well.

Blashphemy!

Well, is it the greatest show ever? Eh.

But c'mon. It's a show from 1967. And yet it feels thoroughly modern in some ways (despite anachronistic trappings). It's like the Velvet Underground of TV; it's so completely ahead of its time in so many ways that it's kind of awe-inspiring.

...and that finale.

Yeah, that finale. (That was sarcasm.)

The shows are inconsistent in quality and it doesn't help that there's disagreement on the proper order to watch the shows. But, I agree it is must see.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Good Point. Hard to pick when you're not sure how long between. Semi-annually I would think. Okay, I'm going to go ahead and say that Burton and say that Burton and Py'Cott are 285 and 287 (less than a year) and I'm going to go with my first thought and say that Valrin is 137. (And that the prison has been around long enough that Prisoner 6 could not be a human and still be alive).

That works for me. I at least wanted Valrin there for several years, enough time that most have forgotten why. I think he's been there 15-20 years, making him mid thirties to around 40. Neverember started his play for Neverwinter in 1467, and Rime is in 1489.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Neverember started his play for Neverwinter in 1467, and Rime is in 1489.

Yes, though for those counting these things, the main-plot of Rime (which according to the book has been going on for two years) has not started yet in this game, so for those who like that sort of thing, this would be 1487, I suppose. (Though doesn't Dragon Heist take place in the 90's? Maybe we should leave off worrying about continuity and 'what year it is' in Realmslore.) BAH.

I've added Strylecks "Lex" Foreben, svirfneblin abjurer far traveler to the RG. I still need to give him a background. Basically an underdark outcast. Not sure how he knows the warden as was proposed a few pages back. But he's been to the surface a few times before deciding never to go back. So crossing paths with the warden isn't impossible.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Yes, though for those counting these things, the main-plot of Rime (which according to the book has been going on for two years) has not started yet in this game, so for those who like that sort of thing, this would be 1487, I suppose. (Though doesn't Dragon Heist take place in the 90's? Maybe we should leave off worrying about continuity and 'what year it is' in Realmslore.) BAH.

Well, I had to look it up because I needed to know how long it was between the 4e Neverwinter Campaign Setting and now, since I am using a background hook from there LOL I knew they couldn't have done another hundred year jump, since Neverember was still alive, but wasn't sure how long it had gone.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Well, I had to look it up because I needed to know how long it was between the 4e Neverwinter Campaign Setting and now, since I am using a background hook from there LOL I knew they couldn't have done another hundred year jump, since Neverember was still alive, but wasn't sure how long it had gone.

Yeah, you'll be happy to know that your instincts are on point - your background is actually one of the possible "character secrets" listed in the adventure. So I'll likely use that material for you.

Remove ads