Cake: What kind do you like?

shaylon

First Post
I was thinking about this earlier today and I thought I would pose the question to all of you. If you were to pick any kind of cake that you have ever eaten, what is the best?

For me, it is Carvel's Ice Cream Cake. Nothing beat those birthday parties in Jersey at Carvel's as a kid. Since I am far removed from those days, I am going to have to say Chocolate cake with white icing.

What about you?

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Yellow cake, chocolate icing.
Lemon cake, especially if it has a very tart icing.
Pound cake.
And the winner: Carrot cake, expecially if the cream cheese icing is not made too sweet.

I also love torts, especially layered white cake with chocolate icing.

I don't really like cake, and I don't consider Ice Cream Cake to be "cake" - I consider it to be Ice Cream... and I like ice cream. :)

Really - I just hate cake frosting... it's far too sickly sweet for me. Yuck.

DarrenGMiller

First Post
Crothian said:
I like Cake, they have good music

Another fan of the band Cake here. I don't really care for edible cakes. I lean toward pies of the chocolate cream, boston cream, Oreo cream and peanut butter varieties. Actually, there is one kind of cake that I do like. I like specialty varities of cheesecake. My favorite dessert is cannoli.

DM

John Q. Mayhem

Explorer
Cake the band is good.

Cake-cake-wise I like German chocolate, chocolate cake with chocolate or whipped-cream frosting, carrot cake, and SPICE CAKE!

wolf70 said:
Another fan of the band Cake here. I don't really care for edible cakes. I lean toward pies of the chocolate cream, boston cream, Oreo cream and peanut butter varieties. Actually, there is one kind of cake that I do like. I like specialty varieties of cheesecake. My favorite dessert is cannoli.

DM

I do love pie. Mmm... speaking of pie, I've got these delicious things that I order from Schwans (it's a company that delivers frozen foods of all varieties... see if you have a Schwans man at www.schwans.com) called Apple Flautas. It's apple pie filling wrapped in a flour tortilla. Heat 'em up in the oven and eat 'em with ice cream. Delicious!

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Chocolate.

Williams-Sonoma has this molten chocolate cake mix that's amazing.

Remove ads