• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chainmail Bikinis & other Cheesecake art in the 4th Edition Core Books.

What do you feel about "cheesecake" art in the D&D IV core books?

• Strongly Favor!

Votes: 107 24.3%
  • Moderately Favor

Votes: 49 11.1%
  • Slightly Favor

Votes: 38 8.6%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 62 14.1%
  • Slightly Oppose

Votes: 38 8.6%
  • Moderately Oppose

Votes: 60 13.6%
  • Strongly Oppose!

Votes: 52 11.8%
  • 3.14159265358979323846…

Votes: 35 7.9%

Lord Fyre

First Post
Since there has been a somewhat heated arguement on the R&C Art, The Women of R&C thread, I thought that it would be interesting to get an actual measure of the feeling of people on this subject. ;)

What do you feel about "cheesecake" art in the D&D 4th core rulebooks?

Rechan

Adventurer
In the Core?

Let's keep it at a minimum few pics. Certainly not in the first couple of chapters.

Cheesecake isn't of armored individuals mid-battle. A rogue or illusionist putting on a disguise, a succubus being summoned, our heroes spending their loot on a night of revelry, a party in the Feywild with Eladrin nobles being all capricious and lurid.

Toss in some male cheesecake. Doesn't have to be beefcake.

mhacdebhandia

Explorer
I moderately oppose it.

Sexy images are fine, images which exist only for the sake of titillating male gamers are not.

Pictures which exist more to provide wank material than to illustrate how much fun and imagination there can be in D&D can stay on crappy "fantasy" calendars, and out of the rulebooks.

Vael

Legend
I like sexy fantasy art, but cheesecake images can be a little over the top for me. Races and Classes has some very attractive images of males and females. And at least they're being more evenhanded in the bare midriff armour concepts, I love the open robes on the male wizards, and the human fighter on page 88 seems to be barebellied.

If we're talking Boris-esque cheesecake, I'd rather not see it. But if Races and Classes is a preview of the kind of stuff we'll see in the Player's Handbook, then that's an appropriate level of sexy, I'd even like a little cheesier.

Doug McCrae

Legend
I'm broadly in favour of cheesecake, though I like lots of other art too, and I wouldn't have a problem if there was none in 4e.

There won't be any of course, just like there wasn't any in 3e unless you count the nymph and succubus in the MM.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
I like good art.

I like boobs.

I do not require boobs in my art, but neither do I oppose them, so long as they do not detract from the quality of the art. If PCs can go without helmets, they can go without sternum protection.

Cheers, -- N

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Nifft said:
I like good art.

I like boobs.

I do not require boobs in my art, but neither do I oppose them, so long as they do not detract from the quality of the art. If PCs can go without helmets, they can go without sternum protection.
Agreed. And just so you know, it was only through tremendous effort of self-control, that I did not sig this post.

Doug McCrae said:
It's hard to go wrong with Clyde Caldwell.

Last edited:

Remove ads