• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

City of the Spider Queen (mini-campaign)

renau1g

First Post
That's what I was thinking ok my first look at these guys was for 4e and I thought he's a warlock infernal pact and the "gun" is his implement. Were you in Chargene;s little experiment that started with one person who then choose from three characters to join the first then move on and choose three more. Well I didn't have three I had this group planned out but the game never started. :(

Yeah, I was there. Ah well.....

jkason

First Post
The woman really looks like having a non-armor, no-weapon Cha-based class. I would say sorcerer (don't beguilers wear armor?).

Got ahold of Beguiler information, and yes, they have light armor proficiency. Of course, a disguise self spell (or a disguising magic item) handily wipes away visible evidence of armor. The spell's on their list, and depending on money, a disguising magic item might not be a bad investment for the character as I see her. From what I'm seeing of the class, it may be the right one for the concept, though it looks like a challenge balancing abilities to use the class well.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Oi! My brain hurts after reading the Artificer in Eberron... too complex for my tastes.

Maybe class-wise he could be a cleric of Gond or maybe a wizard...maybe for the gun, it could be how he channels his spells? I.e. cast magic missile? Aim the gun and fire a bolt of energy. Hmmmm..... that might be a lot of fun. Maybe focus on evocation magic....

Boy, make him a warlock if you want to gun people down.

renau1g

First Post
Warlock eh? I haven't played one before. Is it available on Crystalkeep? Oh...I just went to Crystalkeep and the "basic classes" file has been withdrawn...

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
Here are my three choices. Now that I've written them, I'm pretty much in love with all three of them, so go ahead and pick whatever seems to fit the group best.

Renard Foucault, expert on the Underdark, standing at the precipice of maddening revelation. (second from the left)
--------------
Erwin Humboldt (far left), alchemist, mage, and mountebank. His motivations for venturing into the inky depths of the Underdark are largely financial. He took on a commission from a crime syndicate in Luskan to smuggle contraband arcane reagents down the Sword Coast and into Waterdeep. His crew ran afoul of the customs officials at Waterdeep, however, and they had to dump the cargo in the bay. Erwin's employers held him fiscally responsible. Now he's organized an expedition into one of the deadliest, most hostile environments in all of Faerun, because the alternative fate he'd meet at the hands of Luskan pirates is sure to be a whole lot worse.

Mechanically, he'd be a Wizard/Rogue/Arcane Trickster who sneak attacks with alchemical weapons and carries a bag of holding full of nasty surprises. He'd be a leader of sorts, but more of a scheming mastermind than a rallying hero.
--------------------
Cedric Tharkrash (far right), self-proclaimed hero of Calimshan, defender of Amn, and father (so he claims) of a hundred bastard children. Raised among humans by two half-orc parents in Calimport, Cedric effects a very gentile demeanor. He has been adventuring since his late teens, constantly hungry for fame and adventure. He cares little for material gain, pursuit of knowledge, the greater good, or other such temporary goals. No, Cedric has just one goal in mind: to be sung of by every bard, in every tavern, in every port, in every corner of the Realms. He figures a successful expedition into the deepest parts of the Underdark ought to get him halfway there.

He's definitely not a Barbarian, in my mind--this guy fights with a cool head. I'm imagining him using a sword-and-shield style that's heavy on shield bashing and movement. He might pick up some maneuvers from the Tome of Battle designed for two-weapon fighting, using the shield as an off-hand weapon. Definitely nothing overtly magical, but certainly flashy. His scimitar and shield are his most prized possessions, but he's also picked up a few trinkets that let him pull a surprise or two.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Nope, the mummy is the 6th PC you never realised you had ;) He can take care of himself - I sketched out a build based on the fact we seemed to be short of fight power, but I can easily tailor him to fill another role if required.

Just keep that female pyromancer away from me!

She might just be a charming dancer LOL. Please just keep your builds to the picture as I think I have a way to get everyone in. :cool:

Would be interested, but it is 3.5. 'sigh'

Have fun with this party :)

Thanks WD and you have a slot reserved for my WotBS Pathfinder game :) Starting after I get a copy of the APG.

Aw crud am i too late?

No never ML you are one of the reason's I decided to start this game this way. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Got ahold of Beguiler information, and yes, they have light armor proficiency. Of course, a disguise self spell (or a disguising magic item) handily wipes away visible evidence of armor. The spell's on their list, and depending on money, a disguising magic item might not be a bad investment for the character as I see her. From what I'm seeing of the class, it may be the right one for the concept, though it looks like a challenge balancing abilities to use the class well.

I like the beguiler fit as well. At lower lvls she was using cloaked casting. Advanced learning means she was self taught. and always trying new moves. No incantations when she reached 5th lvl. And now at 10th lvl she has learned to cast without dancing? Still Spell??

She can bring trapfinding to the table and in combat if I were playing her I wouldn't directly fight i would charm a person or monster to work for me. :lol:

Here are my three choices. Now that I've written them, I'm pretty much in love with all three of them, so go ahead and pick whatever seems to fit the group best.

Renard Foucault, expert on the Underdark, standing at the precipice of maddening revelation. (second from the left)
--------------
Erwin Humboldt (far left), alchemist, mage, and mountebank. His motivations for venturing into the inky depths of the Underdark are largely financial. He took on a commission from a crime syndicate in Luskan to smuggle contraband arcane reagents down the Sword Coast and into Waterdeep. His crew ran afoul of the customs officials at Waterdeep, however, and they had to dump the cargo in the bay. Erwin's employers held him fiscally responsible. Now he's organized an expedition into one of the deadliest, most hostile environments in all of Faerun, because the alternative fate he'd meet at the hands of Luskan pirates is sure to be a whole lot worse.

Mechanically, he'd be a Wizard/Rogue/Arcane Trickster who sneak attacks with alchemical weapons and carries a bag of holding full of nasty surprises. He'd be a leader of sorts, but more of a scheming mastermind than a rallying hero.
--------------------
Cedric Tharkrash (far right), self-proclaimed hero of Calimshan, defender of Amn, and father (so he claims) of a hundred bastard children. Raised among humans by two half-orc parents in Calimport, Cedric effects a very gentile demeanor. He has been adventuring since his late teens, constantly hungry for fame and adventure. He cares little for material gain, pursuit of knowledge, the greater good, or other such temporary goals. No, Cedric has just one goal in mind: to be sung of by every bard, in every tavern, in every port, in every corner of the Realms. He figures a successful expedition into the deepest parts of the Underdark ought to get him halfway there.

He's definitely not a Barbarian, in my mind--this guy fights with a cool head. I'm imagining him using a sword-and-shield style that's heavy on shield bashing and movement. He might pick up some maneuvers from the Tome of Battle designed for two-weapon fighting, using the shield as an off-hand weapon. Definitely nothing overtly magical, but certainly flashy. His scimitar and shield are his most prized possessions, but he's also picked up a few trinkets that let him pull a surprise or two.

Hella_Tellah that is a perfect example GREAT JOB. everyone please take note.

Also everyone please take note that since we have an over abundance of people intrested I am thinking of breaking this up into two groups. Same picture probably way different characters (which is good) Just need a couple more takers I will ask around.

So please if you have time follow Hella Tellah's example for character concept and do as many as you wish and I will divide the results into two groups. Sound like a plan?

HM

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads