• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CLOSED Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords, Burnt Offerings

Fenris

Adventurer
hewligan said:
Jovik turns the key in the lock, feeling the mechanism yield. The room revealed to you appears recently to have been used as a storage facility, its empty shelves attesting to its old use. On the floor of the room, curled up in the far corner as if trying to move as far away from the door as possible, lies the unconscious prisoner. She lies on her side, bound at the wrists and ankles with rope, and blindfolded and gagged with strips of leather. She is bruised, one cheek is speckled with dried blood, and you can see deep, crusted welts on her wrists where she has strained against her bonds. Her breathing is shallow, but strong.

You have found Ameiko, although the girl clearly is not in a good way.

Jovik reaches down to Mal, "watch the door boy" and heads inside. He gently cuts the blindfold off and the bonds holding her wrists and ankles. Finally he cuts the leather gag. He puts away Goblin Hook and carefully picks up Ameiko and carries her towards the door.

Friadoc

Explorer
Kael holds his words of power, although his mind feels what Mal has seen, and, for now, he'll let the cooler heads of clerics hold sway.

But, his anger licks at the edge of eldritch words and lines of power within his mind and if Kael must he'll unleash it upon the parricidal maniac.

Through his bond with Mal, Kael urges the canine to help Joviak with Ameiko.

oO Do what you can, partner Oo are Kael's only thoughts to his familiar.

hewligan

First Post
Waking Ameiko

Jovik cuts the tight bindings that lash the arms and legs of the young foreigner. The blood welts she has cut into her wrists are deep. It is clear the girl struggled long and hard against her bonds.

She starts to stir, moaning as if in delirium, whispering words, seeming to slowly come to some sort of awakening. Her injuries appear painful, but not life threatening, and it would seem that fatigue and despair more than physical assault have brought her low.

"Tsuto" escapes weakly from her lips. "Please stop!" ... the pleading horror all to evident despite her slurred voice.

hewligan

First Post
Danth's attempts to talk the hostile Tsuto out of his actions appear at least a little successful (OOC: rolled 20 after modifiers ), with the half elf at least engaging his opponents.

"So this 'redemption' you speak of, how does your god redeem those who have killed? I take it you saw what lay upstairs? I take it you found my work of art ... my father's hideous corpse! I take it you might have killed my goblins by now? You have killed them haven't you? And now you talk about redemption. What fools you are. There is no redemption for me among your kind. They would hang me for what I have done!!! Only SHE can offer me redemption. Only she can offer me resurrection!"

And with that he thrusts the thin bladed knife deep into his chest. You hear a vile pop as it cracks past the rib cage and into his heart. A thick knot of blood instantly boils over his hands. The man twists forward, convulsing with pain, his mouth spewing forth a trail of blood and spit. His eyes look up at you pleadingly, trying to mouth some words, trying to call for help, perhaps. His hands scrabble frantically at the blade that now protrudes from his chest, as if trying to remove the object that pierces him. And then he is still, falling forward onto the cold stone floor, unmoving, slowly turning the floor crimson with his blood.

Tsuto is dead.

hewligan

First Post
OOC: I need actions now. We have a dead suspect and an injured prisoner. We also have some rooms and bodies still to search.

Most importantly, 300 XP a piece for successfully (well, success is a difficult thing to measure, but you survived and saved the girl) navigating the Glassworks. I believe some (all?) of you may have leveled up. If so, please go to the Character thread and get working on your character.

Rhun

First Post
Danth drops his weapon and kneels at Tsuto's side, trying to stem the flow of blood with both skill and prayer. Slowly the young cleric realizes that it is of no use; the blade did too much damage. Grasping his holy symbol with a bloodied hand, Danth begins a prayer to Sarenae. "Blessed Sarenae, Dawnflower, light the way of this tortured soul now departing this world...though he did wrong in life, may your light guide him to redemption in the afterlife..."

hewligan said:
Most importantly, 300 XP a piece for successfully (well, success is a difficult thing to measure, but you survived and saved the girl) navigating the Glassworks. I believe some (all?) of you may have leveled up. If so, please go to the Character thread and get working on your character.

Will get Danth leveled up this weekend.

Fenris

Adventurer
hewligan said:
Jovik cuts the tight bindings that lash the arms and legs of the young foreigner. The blood welts she has cut into her wrists are deep. It is clear the girl struggled long and hard against her bonds.

She starts to stir, moaning as if in delirium, whispering words, seeming to slowly come to some sort of awakening. Her injuries appear painful, but not life threatening, and it would seem that fatigue and despair more than physical assault have brought her low.

"Tsuto" escapes weakly from her lips. "Please stop!" ... the pleading horror all to evident despite her slurred voice.

Jovik quietly shushes Ameiko, "Don't worry we'll stop him" say the lad as he carries her back. Seeing the room and the body he quickly realizes that he was right. But he calls out to Kael and Danth "Uh, I think she needs a priest now, she's in a bad way."

He carefully sets her down on the bed for the clerics to look at. Meanwhile, Jovik looks through the equipment and at the table.

[sblock=OOC]
Jovik Search Post 267 (1d20+5 =18)
[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Danth ends his prayer and remains silent for a few brief moments. Then he reaches up, and closes Tsuto's eyes. The young priest slowly stands and with a nod to Jovik moves to examine Ameiko's wounds.

Heal +4, cure minor wounds or cure light wounds if she is bad enough off to need it.

Friadoc

Explorer
"You're a better man than I, Danth," says Kael simply after the man prays over Tsuto's body. Kneeling down, Kael checks Mal before sending the familiar to guard over Ameiko. "I don't think I'd have had it in me to do that"

However, before spending too much time absorbed in thought, Kael will search Tsuto before searching the room, in hopes of finding information about the mysterious leader.

OOC

Search of Tsuto (1d20+1=16)

Area Search (1d20+1=20)

frostrune

First Post
Jokad stares wide-eyed as Tsuto crumples to the floor and continues to watch wordlessly as Danth kneels and tries to save him. He only finds his voice after Kael says something to the young priest.

"He was bewitched!", he blurts unexpectedly, "In his dying eyes the gleam of madness was gone. He was afraid."

"What magic can do that?",
he says with just a hint of fear in his voice.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads