• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cold Truths (part 1: The Missing Duke)

mps42

First Post
You hear a measured thumping coming down the stairs and the voice repeats "I am coming down without arms."
Very soon you see a figure emerge from the stairwell. It is another of the beast-men, or Crazen, as Uri called them. However, where the others have all been muscular, this one is lean, almost thin. Where the others have worn mail of one sort or another, this one is wearing a hooded cloak, tunic, breeches and low, soft shoes. It has the now-familiar red bird crest emblazoned across its' chest and neckalce of stones, fetahers and bits of what look to bee bones. You can see no evidence of weapons of any kind.
"I greet you. You will please be following, Varg wishes to parlay. He is leader and speaker."

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Tyler

"Do we have Varg's oath that he will not harm us if we parlay?" Tyler asks. In the back of his head he hears his ancestors screaming "It's a trap".
Use my Detect Evil sense on this beastman.

D20Dazza

Explorer
Gerard

"Well how about Varg comes to us then eh? We've had enough trouble with you lot to be wary enough about following you up stairs into a trap" Gerard replies in a low, menacing voice.

Lazlow

First Post
"These guys are as dumb as they smell if they think we're falling for this," Swipe mutters under his breath. He wipes the nervous sweat from the palm of his hand to get a better grip on his sword.

mps42

First Post
The creature looks around at the group as if confused "Varg no break word if he give it." it says haltingly.
"Trap bad, yes? No trap if Varg say no. He tell you follow to big room. You follow now?"

D20Dazza

Explorer
Gerard

"Ha! Yeah sure it's not a trap" Gerard spits at the critter. "If it's not a trap then pray tell, what does he wish to speak with us about? Does he wish to parlay for his life?"

taitzu52

First Post
"Or perhaps he knows something about the Duke." Uri adds in, reminding the group why they're there. And dead ape-men don't talk.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads