• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Constables of the 14th Ward Part 2

Leif

Adventurer
Yes, the Goggles of Minute Seeing are not advisable for this application. Guess you'll just have to "make do" with a measely +12. :D Where, specifically (coordinates, please) does she search the ceiling, floors, wall, etc. And are you sure that she wants to walk on an unsearched floor to search the ceiling, which is what you said....

Leif

Adventurer
Incidentally, the envions of the earthen tunnel are very untidy -- the floor is randomly strewn with old corn husks, boards, and pieces of cloth (some fairly large), which all contributes to making Thea's search more difficult.

OOC: To clarify -- there will be no penalty imposed, but it will take some significant time to complete the search. ;)

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
Once Soulfetter made his way down, and it seemed likely that the other constables would follow, Thea set about the time-consuming but very necessary business of checking their new environment for dangerous items or traps...

OOC: Start with the first two squares of the southern passage (Z 26, then Z 27), then start working on the northern passage (Z 24, Y 24, Y 23, Z 23, Z 22, AA 22, Y 22- and so on, working north )- as noted, check floor first, then ceiling, then walls; if she finds anything unpleasant, she will stop to discuss things with the others since she is far better at finding things than she is at disabling them...

Leif

Adventurer
Thea finds something suspicious in Y22, looks like some kind of trap for sure. The floor seems to be just a well-camouflaged covering over a pit. It's really not all that convincing, considering the earthern construction of the passageway. (OOC: Thus, I didn't actually roll for this, just confirmed that you were looking in the right place. ;) )

Attachments

• Beneath Harcort's Mill 3.xls
    14.5 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Oh! My bad! Ooops! hehehe

*blush* *blush* *blush* :blush:

There, whew! Map (post #935) should be fixed and accurate now. (Unless I screwed up again.)

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
Thea took her time, working carefully to check the area for traps- and with good reason, apparently. She brushed away some of the trash, just outside the danger area of the pit. "Don't step there," she cautioned the others. "Now we need to decide which passage to take- once we pick one I'll search there. Does anyone have any votes for which way?"

xedr

First Post
Having gotten Raul's body on the cart for transport back to town, Darius turns to find the last of his companions disappearing down a trap door! "Whoops, gotta go - I'll see you later Raul" Darius takes one last peek outside the barn for any activity, and seeing none, he climbs down the rope just in time to hear Thea's question. "The small passages probably just go to the other buildings in this complex, which means the varmints coulda circled back on us. But my money says they high-tailed it back to where they came from for reinforcements, which means we should take the big passage running north - and do it quickly before they rejoin their comrades. They've only got a four or five minute headstart on us." Darius is eager to lead the chase, but decides to stay near Sentran for the moment.

Remove ads