• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Constables of the 14th Ward Part 2

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: I assume that you are referring to the 'Constable Corps', and not a dead body?
;) (Gotta watch those pesky french words!)

Rhun

First Post
Brae takes position near Alarion, shield and staff at the ready. While he still flies, it is only a few inches off of the ground as he expects his spell to end any moment now. "So, are any of you constables capable of finding traps as we move down this tunnel?"

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
SoulFetter

SoulFetter looks around for something to which he can attach a rope.

OOC: How wide is this shaft? Can he brace feet/back against opposite sides and shimmy down?

Leif

Adventurer
SoulFetter looks around for something to which he can attach a rope.
OOC: How wide is this shaft? Can he brace feet/back against opposite sides and shimmy down?
OOC: he can attach a rope to any of the rungs that are attached to the wall of the shaft, and it appears that they would have a reasonable probability of
supporting his weight from a rope. The shaft looks to be, he estimates, about 6 feet wide. Yes, he can brace against the sides and shimmy down.

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
SoulFetter

OOC: I was concerned about the ladder rungs - they creaked with Alarion and his armor, and SF's got a good 310 lbs. on him. All in all, I think he'll trust the sides of the shaft rather than the rungs.

IC: "Friends, you may wish to avoid standing directly under the shaft as I descend."

pathfinderq1

First Post
Brae takes position near Alarion, shield and staff at the ready. While he still flies, it is only a few inches off of the ground as he expects his spell to end any moment now. "So, are any of you constables capable of finding traps as we move down this tunnel?"

"I can try," Thea responded. "I just hope my luck is a bit better than Raul's was in such matters. Now if you will excuse me just a moment..." With that, she moved back to the base of the shaft, looking up at Soulfetter as he tried to wedge himself between the walls for his descent. "Just be careful- but if you think you are going to fall, give a yell. I think my magic can catch you..."

OOC: Again, prepping a casting of Feather Fall, just in case- while goliaths have Powerful Build, I think they still qualify as Medium size. Just in case, she will stand just outside the shaft, peeking in just far enough to have line of sight. Also, Thea does have Trapfinding and a reasonable Search skill- I think she is the only one in the group right now who does.

Scotley

Hero
Soulfetter manages to get down safely, though he does create some pretty good furrows in the soft earthen walls of the shaft. He finds the tunnel rather confining, but it does seem to open up further down.

OOC: Once safely down which way will you proceed? I presume that Thea will be leading the way and checking for traps? What's your search bonus?

pathfinderq1

First Post
OOC: Thea's current Search is +12- I don't think the Goggles of Minute Seeing can be used for something like this, unless we want to take absolutely forever. Her Search priority chain is Floor, Ceiling, Walls, in that order- if it matters.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads