• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Crossed Paths - OOC

Manzanita

First Post
I noticed that this module is being reissued by Necromancer Games. Here's link to a discussion thread.

There may be spoilers in there, although I didn't see any as I glanced through. I thought I'd give you guys the heads up on this, in case you didn't know that you were actually adventuring in a published module. I've taken a number of liberties with it, of course, & am going off my own 3E conversion of the original, not this new version.

I'm glad other people seem psyched about it. I always thought this was one of the coolest modules ever.

doghead

thotd
I can't remember if I told you that I'm going to be gone from the 20th til the 4th of October. I've got a feeling that I didn't. Sorry about that.

I don't know if we will get that far, but if we do, before leaving, Marcus wants to ask the Sphinx about the spearhead, and the one who gave it to the mongrel, Sergius. He'd be more inclined to haggle this time as well.

the head of the dog.

ps: watch out for the gargolyes.

Inez Hull

First Post
I usually try to avoid metagaming, but when Manzanita gave Ehldannis the heads up that he knew what sort of creature the sphinx was I had a quick peek in the MM. I noticed that they have the ability to use legend lore so that was why Ehldannis was being such a suck - in the hope that we could get the sphinx to ID the spear for us.

doghead

thotd
I can't remember how things went exactly. If Marcus seemed a little cold on asking the sphinx more about the spear, it was probably because we seemed to be going around in circles (or was it going every which way?).

But I/Marcus agrees that we should try and mine the sphinx for info. We should also try and coordinate our questioning a little more. Having just one speaker would be an idea. Or particular roles. Marcus would be willing to leave the negotiating in Ehldannis's hands.

Krilith

First Post
Heya manzanita,

Yesterday I forgot to add my OOC message in which i was supposed to say what spell i was casting on myself..but i forgot, bad bad headaches.

Is it okay to add it now? i wanted to cast the domain spell, Magic vestment?
thanks.

Jarval

Explorer
Hi folks, I'm back :) Sorry about the rather huge delay in my return, but things got very hectic for a bit. In truth, they're not all that much quieter now, but it's on a bit more of a regular routine, so it's a touch more manageable.

Anyway, Brioc's back in the fray, and I'm caught up with the IC thread :)

doghead

thotd
A Heads Up.

It looks like I'm going to be away from the keyboard for about a week. At this point looks like it will be from the 9th to the 14th of December. During this time I suspect that my internet access will be minimal.

As usual, feel free to ghost Marcus during this time as needed.

the head of the dog.

Manzanita

First Post
Well, how are things going out there, gang?

I must admit, I've had some trouble keeping my heart in this game these past few months. My creative energy has mostly shifted to my involvement in persistant worlds. But this adventure is pretty well planned out and I do think it's a great module. I also look forward to the climax, although I no longer think I"ll be continuing it after we finish the current story line. (So someone else might have to take over DMing these PCs if Marcus is ever going to make Shadowdancer :\ )

I'm thinking I'll try to fast forward us a bit. Even if I do, there's still a good bit left to play out. It would be nice to have Brioc more active now, and during the climax. Meanwhile, are there any ideas how we should handle his reduced involvement? Or other comments, ideas or suggestions about this thread?

Krilith

First Post
To clarify my 'lack' of regular attendance a bit, I’m currently in a very busy period at school. It is not entirely keeping me away, but it sure is dampening my creativity and will to play.

If there is a chance though that we continue this story I DO hope everybody takes it. I have been playing with all off you from around January this year and had a great time exploring this world.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads