WotC D&D Direct--Learn About Upcoming D&D On April 21st!

D&D Direct is a 30-minute video which WotC will be releasing on April 21st at 9am Pacific Time (5pm BST, if I have my time zones correct). They'll be using it to reveal stuff about upcoming D&D projects (including video games and entertainment). The video will be presented by Anna Prosser and B. Dave Walters. This is being billed in an emailed announcement entitled "Learn Everything That’s...

D&D Direct is a 30-minute video which WotC will be releasing on April 21st at 9am Pacific Time (5pm BST, if I have my time zones correct). They'll be using it to reveal stuff about upcoming D&D projects (including video games and entertainment). The video will be presented by Anna Prosser and B. Dave Walters.

This is being billed in an emailed announcement entitled "Learn Everything That’s Happening This Year for Dungeons & Dragons" as the "first ever D&D Direct", so presumably there are more planned.

The D&D Team at Wizards of the Coast is excited to debut D&D Direct, a jam-packed thirty-minute video presentation on April 21 at 9:00 AM Pacific Time.

Tune in to see exclusive reveals from the world's greatest roleplaying game, including video games, entertainment, and more, guided by hosts Anna Prosser and B. Dave Walters.

D&D Direct will be broadcast on the D&D YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/DNDWizards) and Twitch (https://www.twitch.tv/dnd) channels.

To find out more on D&D Direct go to dnd.wizards.com and follow the official D&D social media accounts for more updates.

See you on April 21 at 9:00 AM PT for the first-ever D&D Direct!

The Hamster, Mindflayer, and Beholder are too much with us knowing that Spelljammer is coming to be anything else.
I know I'm always the dissenting opinion on this one, but Mind Flayers and Beholders are two of the most iconic D&D-specific monsters there are - it would make sense to me to showcase them as much for The Rod of Seven Parts Part Deux as Spelljammer.

I'll give you that if the hamster somehow isn't Boo, I'll eat my hat.

darjr

I crit!
I know I'm always the dissenting opinion on this one, but Mind Flayers and Beholders are two of the most iconic D&D-specific monsters there are - it would make sense to me to showcase them as much for The Rod of Seven Parts Part Deux as Spelljammer.

I'll give you that if the hamster somehow isn't Boo, I'll eat my hat.
Reminder to send that email about naming the hamster Not-Boo

30 minutes seems pretty short. If it's just three things (Spelljammer book, video game, movie) I guess 10 minutes apiece is ok, but it's definitely a lot shorter than previous D&D Live events.

I suspect it's a replacement for last year's Ellewick Tumblestrum announcement videos, which didn't go so well give we got more off of Ray's twitter feed then her videos, so they are doing a D&D Direct instead this time, so they don't miss key announcements and have to announce them afterwards again. and no way is this replacing D&D Live or D&D Celebration.

I'm expect it will be like MtG's August announcements of upcoming sets for next year videos. I forget what that is called.

I suspect they will announced Spelljammer setting book, Dragonlance setting book (notice the red dragon, twice), the Summer Adventure, the new Cartoon box set, a new video game or Games, maybe a short trailer for the new D&D movie, announcements of new movie and TV show deals, swag announcenents, and if we're really lucky some announcements in regards to next year's offerings and D&D 5.5e.

Plus maybe some more details on Commander Legends: Battle For Baldur's Gate and Alchemy Horizons: Baldur's Gate mtg D&D sets.

Really outside chance they announce a new FR setting book for 2024, the new 2023 setting books, or new MtG settings books like for New Capenna, Innistrad, Dominaria, or Kamigawa.

I suspect it's a replacement for last year's Ellewick Tumblestrum announcement videos, which didn't go so well give we got more off of Ray's twitter feed then her videos, so they are doing a D&D Direct instead this time, so they don't miss key announcements and have to announce them afterwards again. and no way is this replacing D&D Live or D&D Celebration.
Yeah, I'm not sure I can articulate why those fell so flat for me, but they really did. I really just remember her as interlocutor with Chris Perkins in the final panel discussing the future of D&D: she was the only one to describe it as a 'new edition', when everyone else was clearly being extremely careful to only refer to it as the next 'evolution' or 'update' to D&D.

They know today the giant hammster has become the iconic monster of Spelljammer.

A virtual tabletop?

A new videogame? Maybe, but this should be nore a clone of Baldur's Gate neither Dark Alliance. Dark Sun is perfect for a survival and Birthright for a strategy title. Microsoft is owner of several videogames studios, and someone could create a really good AAA D&D videogame.

Partnership between Hasbro and Microsoft/XBox? This has got a great number of IPs can be licenced. I wonder about the level of mutual trust to work "closer" and if they share a common point of view about the market and the entertaiment industry. Who was going to guess Warner-Discovery would merger? ;)🤫 Will Halo(videogame) appear in a future "Magic: Beyond Universe"?

When I saw the dices rolling, I remember my d30 dice, bigger than my collection.

The numbers 4 2 1 in the dices mean "April 21st".

More D&D funko figures? Maybe the characters from 80's cartoon, Venger and company.

Remove ads

Remove ads