WotC D&D Direct--Learn About Upcoming D&D On April 21st!

D&D Direct is a 30-minute video which WotC will be releasing on April 21st at 9am Pacific Time (5pm BST, if I have my time zones correct). They'll be using it to reveal stuff about upcoming D&D projects (including video games and entertainment). The video will be presented by Anna Prosser and B. Dave Walters. This is being billed in an emailed announcement entitled "Learn Everything That’s...

D&D Direct is a 30-minute video which WotC will be releasing on April 21st at 9am Pacific Time (5pm BST, if I have my time zones correct). They'll be using it to reveal stuff about upcoming D&D projects (including video games and entertainment). The video will be presented by Anna Prosser and B. Dave Walters.

This is being billed in an emailed announcement entitled "Learn Everything That’s Happening This Year for Dungeons & Dragons" as the "first ever D&D Direct", so presumably there are more planned.

The D&D Team at Wizards of the Coast is excited to debut D&D Direct, a jam-packed thirty-minute video presentation on April 21 at 9:00 AM Pacific Time.

Tune in to see exclusive reveals from the world's greatest roleplaying game, including video games, entertainment, and more, guided by hosts Anna Prosser and B. Dave Walters.

D&D Direct will be broadcast on the D&D YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/DNDWizards) and Twitch (https://www.twitch.tv/dnd) channels.

To find out more on D&D Direct go to dnd.wizards.com and follow the official D&D social media accounts for more updates.

See you on April 21 at 9:00 AM PT for the first-ever D&D Direct!

1984? Why that can only mean that they're hinting at a re-release of TSR's hottest game of 1984 - Quest for the Dungeon Master!

It means the announcement will be on a bright cold day in April, when the clocks are striking thirteen.

Jer

Legend
Supporter
It means the announcement will be on a bright cold day in April, when the clocks are striking thirteen.
internet what GIF

They're less than a year from release. It would be reasonable to have a 30 sec teaser.
30 minutes seems pretty short. If it's just three things (Spelljammer book, video game, movie) I guess 10 minutes apiece is ok, but it's definitely a lot shorter than previous D&D Live events.
Yeah, I'm not sure I can articulate why those fell so flat for me, but they really did. I really just remember her as interlocutor with Chris Perkins in the final panel discussing the future of D&D: she was the only one to describe it as a 'new edition', when everyone else was clearly being extremely careful to only refer to it as the next 'evolution' or 'update' to D&D.

Ellewick Tumblestrum was the Gnome Planeswalker from the Summer of Legend videos where she announced books Amazon had already spoiled and where the real news came from Ray Winninger's Twitter account afterwards.

Your thinking of the human hostess of D&D Celebration with the 20 Charisma, Elle Osili-Wood, she hosted the panel which announced 5.5e is coming.

Ellewick Tumblestrum was the Gnome Planeswalker from the Summer of Legend videos where she announced books Amazon had already spoiled and where the real news came from Ray Winninger's Twitter account afterwards.

Your thinking of the human hostess of D&D Celebration with the 20 Charisma, Elle Osili-Wood, she hosted the panel which announced 5.5e is coming.
Derp, you're correct.

I remember the video where Ellewick Tumblestrum said anything about X-Box when she visited our world. I guess that wink was because there is some deal between Hasbro and Microsoft. If Hasbro was with Microsft and Disney with Apple, then... what about the licences of Star Wars and Marvel, to Mattel?

In the past I mentioned the idea of a videogame about Dragonlance to reintroduce the franchise in the current market to the new generations.

Remove ads

Remove ads