WotC D&D Direct--Learn About Upcoming D&D On April 21st!

D&D Direct is a 30-minute video which WotC will be releasing on April 21st at 9am Pacific Time (5pm BST, if I have my time zones correct). They'll be using it to reveal stuff about upcoming D&D projects (including video games and entertainment). The video will be presented by Anna Prosser and B. Dave Walters. This is being billed in an emailed announcement entitled "Learn Everything That’s...

D&D Direct is a 30-minute video which WotC will be releasing on April 21st at 9am Pacific Time (5pm BST, if I have my time zones correct). They'll be using it to reveal stuff about upcoming D&D projects (including video games and entertainment). The video will be presented by Anna Prosser and B. Dave Walters.

This is being billed in an emailed announcement entitled "Learn Everything That’s Happening This Year for Dungeons & Dragons" as the "first ever D&D Direct", so presumably there are more planned.

The D&D Team at Wizards of the Coast is excited to debut D&D Direct, a jam-packed thirty-minute video presentation on April 21 at 9:00 AM Pacific Time.

Tune in to see exclusive reveals from the world's greatest roleplaying game, including video games, entertainment, and more, guided by hosts Anna Prosser and B. Dave Walters.

D&D Direct will be broadcast on the D&D YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/DNDWizards) and Twitch (https://www.twitch.tv/dnd) channels.

To find out more on D&D Direct go to dnd.wizards.com and follow the official D&D social media accounts for more updates.

See you on April 21 at 9:00 AM PT for the first-ever D&D Direct!

Someone on Reddit with sharper eyes than I have pointed out that the miniature giant space hamster is holding a d10 displaying the numbers '8' and '4', and that those numbers aren't next to each other on normal d10s. Summer adventure announcement? -
Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 1.01.22 PM.png

Edit: stands soberly, firmly placing tinfoil bicorn hat on head. Gentlemen, I feel this only reinforces my belief that Spelljammer will return in the form of a big summer adventure book, rather than a campaign setting. It has been a pleasure speculating with you all.

Last edited:

Jer

Legend
Supporter
Someone on Reddit with sharper eyes than I have pointed out that the miniature giant space hamster is holding a d10 displaying the numbers '8' and '4', and that those numbers aren't next to each other on normal d10s. Summer adventure announcement? -
1984? Why that can only mean that they're hinting at a re-release of TSR's hottest game of 1984 - Quest for the Dungeon Master!

My guess for the video game (based on the Xbox controller) is maybe a Series S/X port of Baldur’s Gate 3? Maybe a timed console exclusive but I have to think the choice of an Xbox controller was deliberate? They’ll probably announce other games too but that’s my bet for the “big” video game portion.

And yeah the rest of it will definitely be addressing the Beyond acquisition and maybe future VTT plans. And I’m gonna keep every appendage crossed for the Spelljammer teases to end and us finally to get some official follow-through. 🤞

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
That's immediately what I thought of as well.

The script at this point could be anything it's so blurry, but the more I look at it, the more I think the last three lines are:

Directed By
Jonathan Goldstein
John Francis Daley

View attachment 155333
They're less than a year from release. It would be reasonable to have a 30 sec teaser.

Remove ads

Remove ads