Dark Fairytale IC

Azurewraith

Explorer
GM: I see no objections to looking around so if I could get a investigation roll and a perception roll both with advantage please can be from separate or the same person.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
I can leave Investigation to someone proficient if he/she goes with Leonan

Edit: oh, wow, good rolls :) common for Leonan to fail in combat, but rolls everything else

Azurewraith

Explorer
You spend a few hours searching the abandoned city and find several books written in a language you do not understand, some appear to manuals of some sort as they contain diagrams and blueprints for strange devices. You find prison area with several skeletons within holding sells the doors appear to be unlocked and within their tattered remnants of clothing you find 16gp and 7silver. You also find a facility that looks medical in nature with surgical instruments and tables with restraints, more holding cells and in the basement a incinerator that has long since gone out.

The far edge of the city is built at the edge of a large cliff it stretches on further than darkvision will reach leaving only a forbidding darkness.

Neurotic

Leonan ignores the skeletons and medical equipment, but tries to make sense of the books, focusing on the ones with illustrations for ease of context, but looking over all of them and packing as many as he can into the pack. He asks the rest of the party to help with lugging it out of here. It probably helps that it is the only thing of value here.

He takes extra care to destroy any other potential brain container in the facility.

"Lets find those dwarves from above and bring them with us. Extra muscle never hurts and if they lost the clan they may be willing to work for The Academy. This experience may have toughened their minds - or maybe left them wide open - but The Masters will have to determine that."

Arcana: 1D20+5 = [13]+5 = 18; Insight: 1D20+2 = [20]+2 = 22; Investigation: 1D20+2 = [12]+2 = 14

OOC: No more teal color :(

Azurewraith

Explorer
Leonan inspects the books as he puts them into his pack. From what he can work out they are manuals for things Leonan doesn't entirely understand they appear to be for some form of vessel but it has no sails or rudder and the diagrams given only add to the confusion they are incredibly complex and intricate, some sections Leonan recognises as magical scrawl like a poor novice wizard would scrawl in his first spell book.

Another set of books makes more sense they it appears to be a diagram of the bodies of several creatures ranging from humanoids to purple worms complete diagrams of muscle, nerve, vascular systems this could greatly improve existing knowledge of the way bodies work.

The final book after some inspection appears to be a journal or a log the language is completely indecipherable.

Neurotic

Leonan shows the books with the strange language to others. Hopefully someone can at least recognize it. As for body diagrams...he looked with some interest until gruesome parts become common.
"Eww!" thinks young noble almost immediately after female anatomy enters too deep under the skin. ;)

"Yuck!" comes another thought on the next page as gastritic tract of some great worm is shown along with relative sizes of the worm and human.

He closes the book tossing it onto the pile "I'll never be a doctor. I'm sure someone at The Academy will be delighted at the details here."

He looks at the party and more particularly at their guide. "Lets get those dwarves. Do you guys think there may be some bigger treasure hidden here now that the main threat is neutralized?"

"It's certainly possible," Shildoor says. "But I agree we should check on those dwarves. They might be confused being freed from that thing for the first time in who knows how long."

Azurewraith

Explorer
You make your way back through the city weaving through the streets back to cliff you ascend to find the dwarves bound where you left them they both look very confused and very vacant they don't appear to notice your approach.

Remove ads