Dark Fairytale IC

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
As they were walking out:
"So, do we check the city for libraries, temples and magic academies? Not that there is a big chance in the dwarven city...but treasure vaults...And do we take two guards with us? Unarmed for the time, just in case."

Leonan removes the bindings from the guards.
"We apologize for the treatment, but you were a threat under the dominion of that monster. It is banished for the moment and you can leave. With us or alone as you decide. If you need time to recover something or check the city or something, let us know. We're not staying long, but you have time enough to recover."

OOC: if DM @Azurewraith allows, I would help with Persuasion by these words and actions so...@Charwoman Gene advantage re-roll?

Azurewraith

Explorer
The dwarves take a moment to register that you are even speaking two them they stare at you as you talk almost as if you have two heads, slowly they become more animated and rub their eyes as if they had just awoke. "Where are we? I 'member a voice....' n' that gnome!"

GM: Don't worry about the rolls they are pretty willing to come with you.

Neurotic

"Dale, do you know anything about this city? Or is it long forgotten history? Are there legends about the treasure or knowledge or...or...anything really."

OOC: @Azurewraith, can you describe the city a bit more (or at least point out any structure(s) still standing (if we can see)

Neurotic

"The threat ended with that brain thing. Even if we find the gnome, he will probably be catatonic if these dwarves are anything to go by." Leonan sighs
"Bu I guess you're right, the bureocrates always look for ways to save money and scr## the working people."

We did not kill the brain. We injured it and it fled.

Kaleth looks at Leonan.

It is also possible the gnome was a willing accomplice, seduced by the knowledge the mindflayers could provide. The brain may have just fled to him. He had been tasked with building a body for the thing.

Neurotic

"Hmmm...you're right. You know how to use that brain of yours." :p
Leonan thinks about it.
"Well, we still have the whole city to look over. Maybe there are clues to their location. Teleportation, especially this sort of quick getaway is usually short range."

Azurewraith

Explorer
GM: The city was built in a grid with the central building housing the brain, all the buildings where all made of a black translucent material that was covered in grime from the years of disuse the majority of the buildings look identical and are rounded at the end facing the road and taper off towards the far end in a giant teardrop shape. The central building was much bigger and had pipes running into it, the pipes lined the side of the road. There are several tower like buildings with large domes roofs and circular platforms at the top these buildings have no visible entrance to them

Dale scratches his head "Well everyone knows about this place in the sense that mothers threatened naughty children with stories of deep ones, but a entire bkeedin city? That is news t'me."

Remove ads