• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DCC#8(OOC)::Mactire's Misfits

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
No you have some options

Crawl away: i.e. 5' step each round till you are out of reach
Total defense: TD is a standard action and standing from prone is a move action so you should be able to do both.
Sacrifical lamb?: remember it only gets one AoO a round so maybe someone else can "draw it's fire"

That one hit was a confirmed crit so you would have 20+ more hp had it not got lucky. Was just in the IC I think you all will bring it down you just need to do it while fighting defensively and watching out for it's two attacks when using the full attack action.

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
NP guys thought this might be the case :) I will try and let you know better next time but remeber after the round recap should be everyone's turn.

I am on IC doing rolls and getting ready to update so after that it will be everyones round 6 (Everyone except Seilg that is :( Sorry my friend IC must have known you wanted out of this game it sure help you there.)

HM

Theroc

First Post
I think I forgot because all the holiday stuff and viruses and whatnot hit after your update, and it just got lost in the shuffle as no one else realized either.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
sorry you had that shuffle :(

glad everything is close to being back to normal :lol:

Round 6 anyone??
and how is this a CR 7 creature ??? :confused:
straight out of the MM except for being insane and not backing off

HM

Theroc

First Post
HM, the last save the elemental should be making against Telos is a Fortitude save, not will. Sickening Blast is a Fort DC, Frightful Blast is a Will DC.

I attacked Will first assuming the elemental would have a high Fort, so lowering it before attacking Fort seemed prudent.

Anyways, how much reach does this guy have? 15'?

Also, how does Telos's elevation affect his range to his target? Want to know so I can move out of the elemental reach but within 30' to hit with point blank eldritch blasts, lol.

Dragonwriter

First Post
HolyMan, would you please correct my AC in your combat block?

My AC is 22, not 21. I got an extra +1 Dodge bonus to AC thanks to a class feature of Bloodclaw Master (Tiger Claw Synergy).

Tome of Battle said:
Tigery Claw Synergy (Ex): Beginning at 2nd level, while you are in a Tiger Claw stance, you can choose to gain either a +1 dodge bonus to your Armor Class or a +10-ft. bonus to your base speed. You make this choice when you enter the stance.

I did declare it at the start of combat, having forgotten beforehand, and haven't seen my AC updated to that in your Combat Block updates-things. So, would you please fix this? (And my AC is 28 for the next round of attacks, now, due to Total Defense and Tumble ranks.)

And it's a CR 7 for a standard party. Which means they expect the Cleric to do some buffing and have spells ready for combat, and they expect a melee person that focuses on a couple heavy hits, not several light ones... I use 4 attacks that do light damage alone, but DR 5/- negates about half my damage.

EDIT: And the fact that my character is focused on grappling... Which I'm not even allowed to do to this creature, thanks to the rules, even if my bonus was enough to hold it.

And since I'm kinda expecting death as a result for my character as well, shall I start working on a new one? Or would y'all prefer to abandon this since that would eliminate half the original cast in the first fight?

Last edited:

Remove ads