• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon Mountain - Twin Forks

DM_Matt

First Post
OOC: Uh, oh, not so good for Vanger...I can still deal an average of 28 dmg to 8 opponents with an Ice Storm, but I dont know if Vanger, who is now in his 50s hp-wise, is going to be able to take the 20 (after DR and res). Alternatively, I could do a flame strike that will catch B4, B14, B7, and B19, but it will get rhino, too. then again, Rhino can take a 5 foot step to the right to avoid it, and automatically makes tumble checks to avoid the AOO. He could also just try his luck getting hit and taking advantage of Improved Evasion. I wont do either of those things unless the person being potentially hit OKs it, but those are the best things I can do with my haste action. I want everytihng else for a big nasty full attack which will hopefully kill the leader.

Someone

Adventurer
[OOC: Do Telustiel see the sorceress? And who´s going to help Vangar? I could do, but using all actions: no Haste for the Druid, at least until the next round, unless Vangar kill B16 or B18 and move to get into that position]

DM_Matt

First Post
GE: you didnt put me on the map. Center me (I am 3x3 squares) three to the left of B18.

Attacks: 22+19, 22+13, 22+14, 22+3, 20+16= 41 (Leader), 35 (B8), 36(B18), 25(picking up Vangar, no dmg), 36 (bite)
DMG: 2d6+12 (22, 19, 19) + 1d6 Con dmg each (6, 2, 5), save DC22, bite 1d8+6=12.

I delay until I am hasted. I use my pull to pull anyone I hit 10 feet into the air, where they cannot reach me OR anyone on the ground (Escape Artist or Str Check at DC26, or they can cut free by sundering the end of the tendril (making it shorter but still usable), but these 60 foot tendrils are huge weapons (large weapon required to sunder at all), I have DR 10/adamantite, am immune to crits, and otherwise it requires 13 post-DR slashing dmg in a single attack after beating me at an opposed attack roll and taking an AoO, and they fall for 1d6 dmg if they make it), and I bite one of them, preferably the leader. I hold Vangar safely in the air one to the left of B18. I make sure that my tendrils are at such a heigh that he and only one grabbed opponent are within fighting distance at once.

With my hasted action, I drop an empowered Ice Storm centered on the bottom right corner of the square one to the right of B13...this will hit B13, B12, B2, B16, B18, B8, B5, B14, B4, B19, and B7 (18 impact, 12 cold) (Do I take dmg beucase the tips of two of my tendrils are in the area? If it is highly reduced or no dmg then OK. Otherwise I may have to move it. Really, I ought to get like 9/10 cover or sometihng because only a little bit of my body is inthe area)

"The angry tree monster lashes out with his many tendrils, gently affixing one to the back of the dwarf's armor and ripping through other targets, then lifts them all helplessly into the air, bending his trunk to take a bite out of one of them. He then roars out a stream of icey shards, bellowing so loadly that the ground shakes, and more materialize in the air, raining down upon the bandits."

EDIT: reflects Telustiel's actions...

Last edited:

Snowtiger

First Post
Argon takes 3 shots at the Leader of the brigands.

ooc:
Attacks:
1: 19(crit)+22=41to hit; 8 damage x 3 (crit)= 24 damage
2: 17+17=34to hit; 8 damage
3: 15+12=27to hit; 7 damage

Stats: AC24, HP70/107

Abilities: Always Hide in Plain Sight by default during combat.

Someone

Adventurer
[DM-Matt, I figued how to get Vanger out of that mess. Simply, you have the reach and I´m sure the Strenght to pick him off there. Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best; I´ll Haste you so you can heal him too in the same round, or drop a big boom spell, so use the Delay action to act just after me]

Telustiel continues fighting the bandits with his effective, if not very elaborate style. In his quickened state, he raises his blade and touches one of the tendrils that hang over him: a visible stream of energy pours into the Wildshaped druid, and his movement likewise accelerate.

[Actions:
Regular round: Full attack bandits (starting with already wounded one, and following with the next if he falls) Again 3 points of Power Attack.
1st attack: 2+16-3=hit AC 15, damage (but I doubt it) 4+8=12
2nd attack: 19+11-3=27, threat. Confirm: 12+11-3= hit AC 20. Damage (regular) 13, if critical 24.

Then move 5 feet back, out of their reach.

Haste partial action: touch the druid with the blade and bestow the Haste cached spell on him.

Stats: AC 36, touch 21
HP: 85/94

Active spells: Haste (8 rounds left), See invisibility.]

Note: seems that DM-Matt posted his actions while I was typing this.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Naglfar will allow the Entranced Enemies to continue 'playing with the cool colors' <Duration 15 rounds total for the spell>, while he instead uses Dominate Person on B4, having him atta ck B3
<Will Save DC 21>

Meaghane's action to follow...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads