• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Dragonstar d20] [FULL] OOC Thread

Mickerus

First Post
Alright, here's my character. I can swap out any of the spells from sources you don't have, or I can tell you what they do, either way works for me. Here goes:

Kaalek Vesh, Male Human Wizard 5

Str 10
Dex 16
Con 8
Int 19
Wis 11
Cha 10

AC: 15 (Base 10, +3 Dex, +1 natural, +1 deflection)
Hp: 10
Alignment: True Neutral

Base Attack: +2
Melee: +2
Ranged: +5

Saves:

Fortitude: +1 (Base +1, -1 Con, +1 resistance)
Reflex: +5 (Base +1, +3 Dex, +1 resistance)
Will: +5 (Base +4, +1 resistance)

Skills:

Alchemy (Int): 6 + 4 Int = 10
Concentration (Con): 8 - 1 Con = 7
Intimidate (Cha): 3 +1 Cha = 4
Knowledge (Arcana) (Int): 8 + 4 Int = 12
Knowledge (The Planes) (Int): 6 + 4 Int = 10
Scry (Int): 6 + 4 Int = 10
Spellcraft (Int): 8 + 4 Int = 12
Listen (Wis): 2
Diplomacy (Cha): 2 + 1 Cha = 3

Languages known: Common, Draconic, Ignan, Terran, Goblin

Feats: Improved Familiar, Toughness, Spell Focus (Necromancy), Scribe Scroll, Summon Familiar, Spell Mastery (mage armor, summon monster I, vampiric touch, mirror image)

Spells known:

1st - Serpent's Stare (Relics and Rituals 2), Shield, Mage Armor, Sleep, Comprehend Languages, Summon Monster I, Chill Touch, Mount, Unseen Servant, Ray of Enfeeblement, Magic Missile, Corrosive Grasp (Magic of Faerun)

2nd - Ghoul Touch, Mirror Image, Summon Monster II,

3rd - Enhance Familiar (Tome and Blood), Vampiric Touch

Equipment:

Amulet of Natural Armor +1 (2000), Ring of Protection +1 (2000), Quarterstaff +1 (2000), 3 potions of cure light wounds (150), 5 Healing Salves (250), Cloak of Resistance +1 (1000) (Scrolls bought and scribed: magic missile (25), corrosive grasp (25)), explorer's outfit, silvered dagger(10), masterwork dagger(302), spell component pouch(5), pearl of power (1st level) (1000), spellbook, 123 gold

Spells prepared:

0: Detect magic, Prestidigitation, Read magic, Light
1: Shield, Mage Armor, Corrosive Grasp, Serpent's Stare
2: Ghoul Touch, Summon Monster II, Mirror Image
3: Enhance Familiar, Vampiric Touch

Eyeball Familiar: Quarrop, Tiny Aberration

Str: 6
Dex: 16
Con: 9
Int: 8
Wis: 10
Cha: 10

Hp: 5
Speed: 5, Fly 40 (good)
AC: 21 (+3 Dex, +4 size, +4 natural)
Attacks: Eye ray +7 Ranged Touch, Bite -3 melee
Damage: Bite 1d3-2
Special Attacks: Eye rays

Saves:

Fortitude 0 (Base +1, -1 Con)
Reflexes +4 (Base +1, +3 Dex)
Will +4

Skills:

Hide +15
Search +6
Spot +6

Special Abilities/Feats:

Alertness, Improved Evasion, Share Spells, Empathic Link, Touch, Speak with Master, Eye Rays (Daze DC 10, Mage Hand, Ray of Frost, Spellray), Immunities (charm and command effects), All-around Vision, Flight

Edit: Forgot to add the spells I have prepared! That's fixed now.

Last edited:

Mirth

Explorer
Elrick:

Jeez, I feel like I'm being a real nitpicker here, but I have a couple more questions. I'll preface them by saying that right now I'm going for a Human Rogue 2 / Paladin 3. I was wondering if you had the most recent issue of Dragon #306? In the Living Greyhawk section they have several new Paladin feats based around specific deities. How would you feel about a Paladin like ;) a follower of Murlynd? The proficiency in Firebrands would set up my character for guns later, of course. However, if this is too technologically advanced for your concept, that's fine - really. If so, I might go Monk 1 / Paladin 4 instead with the Serenity feat from that same article.

I'm making both so just let me know what you think. I realize that everyone is waiting on me :)

Thanks,

Jay

Vargo

First Post
In getting my equipment together, I noticed that my classes were out of whack with each other - I started off as Human, and switched to Elf without remembering about the "favored class" stuff.

So, until I get a chance to post final stats, (probably monday) I'm no longer a Ftr-4/Rog-1, instead Ftr-2/Rog-3. The main difference is I lose 4 hit points, Weapon Specialization, and gain +1d6 sneak attack damage and evasion, and my saves change a bit.

And I get a few more skill points.

Also, how important will a knowledge of Dragonstar be? I've never actually read any of the source material - and I might keep it that way, if it would be more in character.

ErichDragon

First Post
The Alien Abduction plot is good for me. I am with Vargo in not having any knowledge of Dragonstar so far. If we go with full blown Dragonstar characters, I would still like to keep my background and start not knowing anything about the setting.

Elrick

First Post
Ok I'll stick with the alien abduction scheme. Once all the characters are done and I've had a chance to look over them I'll begin the game. I'd like to maintain a regular posting schedule So I will be posting three times a week MWF to move the game along. That gives everyone two days in which to post. If you don't post during that time I will make the most obvious assumptions on what your character does bassed on your previous roleplaying. Get those characters finished so we can start On Wednesday or Friday. At that time I'll post characters to Rogue Thread so I can edit them with Xp as we go along. If you have no prior knowledge about dragonstar so much the better, it's certainly not required and I inform you of stats when necessary.

Cheers
Elrick

Mickerus

First Post
Alright. Wulp, I'm officially finished with my character now, though I guess I could make my "currently prepared" list still.

A couple of quick things I don't think I mentioned before:

Improved Familiar feat was the version in the Forgotten Realms book, with the Eyeball familiar coming from the Monsters of Faerun book.

Serpent's Stare is from Relics and Rituals II, basically works as a daze spell that's maintained by concentration.

Acidic Curse is from The Book of Eldritch Might, does a small amount of acid damage and blinds for a few rounds.

Enhance Familiar is from Tome and Blood, which I think you said you have.

If you want me to swap out any of these spells I've got no problem with it, I just took them because (well, apart from enhance familiar) they're fairly unique spells that I could see my character using.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads