Eberron: Curse of the Cold Sun (game thread)

81Dagon

Explorer
Bertram is not familiar with this holy symbol. It conforms to no know symbols of Dol Arrah or any other of the Sovereigns and Six.

[sblock=occ]
Just checking, does anyone have still active spells running?[/sblock]

Kaodi

Hero
"I suppose if we wrap it up nicely so there are no sharp edges or pointy bits I could put a few of these things in my pack," says Arthun.

OOC: The duration of Alter Self was 5 minutes. The spell will probably wear off any minute now. I could fit a tad more than 60 lbs. in my haversack.

Davachido

Explorer
White tilts his head to one side enjoying the conversation between the dinosaur and it's friend. They seem close, closer than I thought they'd be. That's refreshing.

"Vela is right Kiki we will be sharing the spoils so I'm sure we are all getting something out of this. The more we carry the better off we'll be. I have to ask though, so I don't feel ungrateful. What would a creature like you consider rewarding in such an instance?" White asks Kiki quite curiously, unsure of what a dinosaur could possibly want other than food. As opposed to being scared of something that has travelled and fought by his side, he is instead finding it amusing that he can now ask the creature questions.

White nods at Betram "Yes we can use your horse too, are you going to be okay Bert? You took a good knocking in the last fight. We could move at least out of here for a bit then rest if need be?"

Scotley

Hero
"i took a beating sure enough, but if we don't get jumped again I should be okay. I think we should move on toward civilization before it gets dark."

81Dagon

Explorer
[sblock=update coming]
Been a long first week back for the semester, lots of planning. Will try and get an update up tonight, but may be tomorrow. [/sblock]

81Dagon

Explorer
The rest of the journey is not peaceful, but uneventful. The equipment you have stripped from the fallen is easy enough to transport, and your captive foes to not resist being tied up and led back as prisoners.

The jungle is alive with life, but you see no sign of an hobgoblins, lizardfolk, or aggressive dinosaurs; although you did catch sight of a threehorn herd, many glidewings and a massive soarwing overhead. The road eventually descends into a small town built mostly on the near side of a broad, sluggish river. Six old stone piers jut from the water, marking the spot where a bridge once stood, but the span itself is long gone. Instead a couple of long thick ropes cross the river, each secured to a flat-bottomed ferryboat. Brown fields and green orchards surround the town, but these areas look like they have been carved out of the jungle, which keeps fighting to reclaim them. You have finally reached Drellin’s Ferry.

A group of armed townsfolk - three in leather, one in mail. stands guard,watching you warily. "Halt and state your business strangers,” one of the guards says.

[sblock=mythic]Okay, so we'll go fast track then. So far we've got two yays, one neutral and one nay for mythic. Vertexx, do you have an opinion?

Dava: I'm not sure about feats, but from the looks of it there are enough powers for A Champion to have a thrown weapon build, and a couple powers that only apply to thrown weapons. I didn't play too close attention to the playtest, so I can't really compare, but you'd definitely have enough. A good amount of powers for melee weapons also explicitly work when thrown. [/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Bertram pulls his horse to a stop and glares at the guards for a moment chewing on his cigar before speaking. "We're on personal business in your fine town. We were attacked along the road by a band of gobinoids. We fought them off and took a few prisoners which we have brought unto your custody. Now we'd very much like to get out of the jungle and into a nice cool tavern to recover from our wounds. As for myself I have a delivery to make to your local temple." He pats a large parcel strapped to the back of his horse.

81Dagon

Explorer
"Indeed! Where? Bands of these murderous savages have been skulking near the town for days now. You're lucky you came through it! The old Bridge Inn is just ahead, on your left. Or, if you prefer, try the Green Apple, on the other side of the square, I like the Old Bridge, myself. House Ghallanda runs a tight ship, so to speak."

One of the other guards catches sight of Boom-Boom and says, “Umm, he’s with you, right?”

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Bertram does his best to describe the ambush location and about how long they've traveled since. "Boom Boom there is a good one. Fight fire with fire as my old sarge back in the war used to say. Thank you for the advice on The Old Bridge. Now where can we leave this lot of prisoners?"

Remove ads