D&D 5E EB's Into the Eye of the Storm - PotA Campaign - IC

Talin releases the arrow striking the closest bandit. As the arrow leaves the bow Talin is struck by the lucky shot. He winces as the shaft buries into his leg. He pushed out the throbbing pain from the wound and draws another arrow. He takes aim at one of the bandits engaged with Barakas and fires. With his second shot fired Talin limps into cover and assesses the damage to his leg.

OOC: Held attack on Bandit 2: 1d20+6 19
Held shot damage.: 1d6+4+1d6 11 Not sure if I get sneak attack with the first shot. If I don't get it take 4 from this damage.

Round 2:
Attack on Bandit 3: 1d20+6+1d4 24
Damage to Bandit w/ Sneak Attack: 1d6+4+1d6 10 Again not sure if Sneak attack is valid. If not subtract 4 from this damage.

I am looking for cover. I would move to C6 or L9 which ever provides more cover. Also I am assuming 5ft per square.

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: Cyan to finish the round. Updated stats below.

[sblock=Combat]
Terry AC: 16, HP: 10/10
Niklos AC: 14, HP: 10/10
Cyan AC: 13, HP: 9/9
Talin AC: 15, HP: 3/10
Barakas AC: 18, HP: 8/8

bandit #1; AC: 12, HP 9/11
bandit #2; AC: 12, HP 2/11
bandit #3; AC: 12, HP 00/11 - dead
bandit #4; AC: 12, HP 11/11

black bear; AC: 11, HP 19/19
WIS save [roll0] [/sblock]

EarlyBird

Explorer
Cyan comes up and takes the spot behind a thin tree just vacated by Talin. Pulling out both her daggers as she moves she flips both overhead at the bandit that just took an arrow from the elven rogue and looked about to run away. One flies wide but the second buries itself deep in the bandits throat. <bonus action Hide: [roll0] >

Barakas cuts a huge gash across the chest of the man in front of him, and is then surprised as an arrrow appears in his back causing him to pitch forward. <remember you still need some info from at least one of these guys>

A golden glow and the sound of small jingling bells fill the area round Niklos, and then the halfling releases his magic and the glow moves to surround Talin, Terry, and Barakas the bells softly fade away.

"GRRRRR!!!" the bear growls rearing up. Terry quickly invokes one of the first spells she ever learned and watches as it takes effect. The whites of the black bear's eyes seem to grow as the iris shrink to the size of pinpricks. Still on its hind legs Terry says, "Calm down, buddy. Just run away quietly." <animal handling check DC 12>

Meanwhile the last two bandits are falling back and taking shots at the big blue demon in their campsite. The captain of the storm bats one arrow away with a laugh, but the move leaves him open for the second arrow that strikes his chest just below the teifling's armpit causing him to roar in pain and fall backward in shock.

[sblock=Combat]
Terry AC: 16, HP: 10/10
Niklos AC: 14, HP: 10/10
Cyan AC: 13, HP: 9/9
Talin AC: 15, HP: 3/10
Barakas AC: 18, HP: 0/8 dying - death saves 0/3 success, 0/3 failure

bandit #1; AC: 12, HP 09/11
bandit #2; AC: 12, HP 00/11 - dead
bandit #3; AC: 12, HP 00/11 - dead
bandit #4; AC: 12, HP 11/11

black bear; AC: 11, HP 19/19[/sblock]
[sblock=Map]
bows and bears_3.jpg[/sblock]

OOC: And I think I got everything in there.
Everyone but Barakas has +2 cover bonus at the moment.

Cyan, dagger/dagger
kills bandit #2

bandit #1 vs Barakas
[roll1]
[roll2]

bandit #4 vs Barakas
[roll3]
[roll4]

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
Emboldened by her success Cyan moves towards one of the bandits. Twin shortswords back out. She holds them defensively and waits for allies to back her up.
Ooc: Apologies. I had a move that somehow did not get posted for last round and I did not realize it. Side note. We are 1st level...no bonus hiding is available yet.
Take shortswords back out
Move to d14 and take Dodge action.

Continuing to shoo the bear away from the fray, "Off you go. You no longer have to fear these men who caged you." Terry steps toward Barakas (J11) and casts spare the dying on him.

Remove ads