• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

( Group 1 ) Return to the Temple.

Scurry

First Post
Jessern slips the guisarme free of the dead ankheg's chitin, then rushes to deal with the next one. The incantation that accompanies this strike is so simple as to be almost an afterthought.

[sblock=OOC]
One attack at the ankheg, channeling touch of fatigue. Since there are three other people wailing on it, I'm assuming I can get a flanking bonus through intelligent positioning.

Twisted's RttToEE: Attack on Ankheg#2 (1d20+11=13)

...does not hit. Not even close.

In case it does due to something very strange happening, here's a damage roll: Twisted's RttToEE: Damage on Ankheg #2 (2d4+7=11), and the ankheg would need to make a DC 12 fort save or become fatigued.[/sblock]

Borson

First Post
Serin tries dodging the attack from the second creature, only to find pain. He then redirects his planned attack towards this new creature.

(OOC: see previous attack roll)

TwistedMindInc

First Post
The Ankheg cries out in pain, thanks to the Cleric, and reliates. Much like its counterpart, it spews an acidic spit towards Erik. Serin tries to get in on the action, but just barely misses the large critter.

[sblock=Erik]
Acid (4d4=7)
Reflex save for half.
[/sblock]

hero4hire

Explorer
Erik takes the caustic vomit square on the chest and grits his teeth as he hears the sizzle of his own flesh. (reflex save failed)
"Gah! Foul insect. It will take more then your sting to fell me!"
He steps into a more favorable position and brings his mace against the thing's carapace once again.

5' step to flank 24 attack for 6 damage

TwistedMindInc

First Post
The Ankheg, though it probably should've retreated, fought to the death. The party stood around trying to beat the large 'bug' into submission, but it was the Priest that finally put it to rest. With one last wheeze of breath .. the acidic creature crumpled to the ground at the heroes' feet.

Scurry

First Post
Jessern winces as he gingerly pokes at the gash in his side, assessing the damage. "I don't suppose the Cudgeler would have some spare mercy, Erik?"

After the priest provides or denies aid, Jessern kneels by the insect ambusher's tunnel and peers down it, lighting his lantern for illumination if necessary.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Yun continues scanning the area for more enemies. "Is everyone alright? We should continue on and remain alert. We do not know where these creatures came from or what their purpose for attacking us was."

Borson

First Post
"Aye. That was entertaining, but hardly would I call this gutwound 'fun'. Is there any items of interest hidden in their lair, perhaps from their prior victims not faring so well?" Serin looks with Jessern, to see what they can find in the lair.

TwistedMindInc

First Post
Jessern tries to peer into the tunnel that the first Ankheg made, but unfortunately for him the passage is nothing more than freshly churned dirt now. No path, no lair. Apparently the giant bugs were excellent burrowers.

Remove ads