Halls of Darkness IC~In Town

Ilja

First Post
[hidden]I suppose everyone's going to the inn and post again in your absence. Hope you get back soon :3[/hidden]

When the party reaches the inn, Thoward walks straight to the innkeeper, or if he isn't around, the barmaid. Greetings! Name's Thoward and me'n my friends here are wet and cold, and we need a room for the night. Are there any available?
He also orders soup, bread, and mead, and sits down by a table. He looks around the common room, trying to see what's up this evening and if there's anything extra interesting here.

Erwinfoxjj

First Post
As the group enters they hear a soft song in a foreign langusage. Upon looking for the source of the sweet sound the party sees no ones lips moving. The song overcomes you with a solemness (DC12 WILL CHECK) The bartender looks at Thorward and his companions.
"Thats 8 silver crowns. I got a room upstairs, a gold throne a head boy." The bartender pulls up the hot food and a rustic key (DC 15 spot check)
At the corner of the bar is a grizzled man, going on in a voice just enough to hear a few words of some mysterious going ons and The Order. His drink splashes around out of his cup until he settles down and asks for another drink.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Deven human male

The music really gets to Deven. Usually always ready to jest and to have a good time the young man looks at the bartender and notices the key he has. "That is awful steep priceing for your newest best customers, my good sir." he says in all seriousness. "Who else here in this little town could give you as much busniess as me and my friends?" he asks shaking his coin pouch with impudence.

[sblock=ooc]
will = 3 uh oh
spot = 23 what's he got????
and should I try diplomacy? [/sblock]

Erwinfoxjj

First Post
Deven feels inclined to give the old man a crown. As he places it on the table the man says, "Third room on the right up the stairs in the corner, and keep it down!" Deven notices three small inscriptions that have a faint blue glow to them on the key. The dwarven sript is a warning to not take this key without permission, a threat of misfortune to whoever takes this key, and a greeting, which appears to be in a later form of Dwarven and added to the key after it was made. It feels heavy and is a cast iron color. It has a small leather lanard at the end and sits on the table.

Ilja

First Post
The music catches Thoward as well, and he somewhat drift off at his table, putting the spoon to his mouth, relaxing after the hard journey and forgetting all about his wet clothes. He feels quite drowsy, finally being able to rest and get some hot food, and doesn't even notice the key.

Will Save
Spot Check

Erwinfoxjj

First Post
[sblock]
UHOH! A 0 will save is messy buissness!
[/sblock]

As Thorward settles down he begins to fin himself willing to pay for more and more drink. He is overcome with a feeling of guilt, that he should pay more for the meal before feeling better.

Titus shakes off the feeling himself and notices the old grizzled man getting up again and looking at the group before getting on again with his rants. "That Calvus will be the death of us! If he don't stop that damned Order, then who will? I'm telling you these are dark times my man!" The bartender continues on his nightly duties of cleaning cups and wiping the counter.

Theroc

First Post
Viktor followed Titus into town, remaining quiet for the most part. Most people of the realm did not take kindly to wolves that spoke. It seemed to be some sort of stigma or something, despite his dedication to protecting the natural lands.

At Titus's mention of scraps, he grumbled inwardly, giving him a look that was clearly not pleased. He kept alert despite the rain dousing his skin. He also looked into his memory as to the region.

[sblock=OOC:]
Knowledge: nature check
1d20+5=19

I'm assuming Tidus KNOWS Viktor isn't a normal wolf, if he doesn't, I can tweak things and have him learn it later. Also, another question for Erwin... is Viktor and his companion going to be allowed inside the inn? Other checks pending whether Viktor is present inside the inn or not. Apologies for the delay.[/sblock]

Erwinfoxjj

First Post
[sblock]
Well, are dogs allowed in Holiday Inn? Probably not unless you convince him otherwise. Dont forget to post your character sheet in the RG section fully filled out. Most people just don't care anymore, but animals trotting around inside is a turn off for business.
[/sblock]

Theroc

First Post
[sblock]
Well, are dogs allowed in Holiday Inn? Probably not unless you convince him otherwise. Dont forget to post your character sheet in the RG section fully filled out. Most people just don't care anymore, but animals trotting around inside is a turn off for business.
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Well, might be WORSE for business if two wolves park themselves outside the Inn's front door, without an attending human. >.> But I digress, I've no problem with Viktor being outside, just lemme know when I'm needed, lol.

Edit: That reminds me, I oughta get my companion sorted out too. Will get on that shortly.[/sblock]

Remove ads