Halls of Darkness IC~In Town

Ilja

First Post
When Thoward's finished with the soup, he orders more mead, paying fully three gold while moving to the other table. While he's chewing some bread, his tired head makes out only fragments of the discussion at hand.

jkason

First Post
Titus Farrab, human ranger

Titus moves to the front door, checking on his "animal companions."

"Watch out, you two," Titus says to the wolves. "Drunky was probably talking garbage, but he mentioned bloodsuckers. Night like this, who knows what might come wandering by."

Erwinfoxjj

First Post
CHAPTER II Journey into Darkness

The night goes on uneventfully. The inn empties while sleepy heads go to rest. The group crams into the small room, it is dusty and worn, but a room none the less. The night goes on and the next morning the party awakes to, no surprise, a dark grey sky drizzling on the poor town. The Inn smells of fresh ham and bacon, hot oats, and large loaves of bread. "Here my good fellows," the bartender pushes over the plater of food, "have some food before you leave." The unusual atmosphere sets off the misery outide. The guards seemed to have doubled and government worker clad in stained white outfits buzz around outside. The party spots a notice in the mud.
"To the Concerned Citizens of the Empire,
As of last night four bodies were found on the north side of town. These guards are believed to have been murdered by The Order. Their bodies have been drained of blood through fine cuts. Any people willing to assist please report to Captain Calvus Ordo of teh White Lion Guard, located at Fort Aderux."
The group stands in the early morning mist as the town begins its day with fireplaces starting up and people moping about their buisness as normal. The group is gathered together, debating about what to do....

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Deven

"Well four more bodies maybe we should see to fonding a friendlier place to live for the next couple months?" Deven says off-handedly. He knows excatly what the others will say to this notice.

jkason

First Post
Titus Farrab, human ranger

"Well four more bodies maybe we should see to fonding a friendlier place to live for the next couple months?" Deven says off-handedly. He knows excatly what the others will say to this notice.

Titus huffs at the sentiment. "Unless you have a whole nother world handy, I think this is what life's like everywhere, and only way to have a friendlier place is to make one," the ranger says.

"Look: ain't like we've got work anyway. I say we look into this thing. Maybe there's a reward, even."

Erwinfoxjj

First Post
The light grows a bit brighter as the groups mood raises just a little, the prospect of work and money now fresh again in their minds. The fort can be clearly seen east of town, rising high over the thatched roofs.

Theroc

First Post
Viktor remained quiet, knowing how the locals would likely feel about a talking wolf. He did not object to the current plan, as if the town was safer, the humans might think to help the forest.

Ilja

First Post
"'Course I'm in. No point sitting here all week." Thoward says with a smile. "Could always use more gold, and I don't like the sound of those quys either. Cultists aren't my favorite people really. So, where do we begin? Fort Aderux?" He starts putting on his armor, trying to polish it a bit. "No need to look like wet peasants then."

Last edited:

Remove ads