• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hands of Fate - Chapter 1 - The Orbs of Insight

Drakknyte32

First Post
OOC: Since we aren't to far from the entrance of the cave and I have nothing else to do right now.

Kevin is keeping an eye on the others when he notices movement at the front of the cave. Moving to the centre of the passageway he unwraps his chain and starts it spinning.

"Halt! Who goes there?"

wysiwyg

First Post
Jean

Jean peers into the cave, noticing the well armored people inside. He immediatly assumes these must be the adventurers that Maximo was referring to. When he sees the spinning chain, he advances into the cave with his palms up saying "Wo there. I am Jean and this is my friend Mugen. We were sent here by Maximo to make sure you arrive securly back home. Maximo insists that we depart immediatly - a good idea since a storm is about to brake outside."

Hesseroph

First Post
Ghin Coldstream: Cleric at Large.

*Ghin receives the student with a stiff yet formal bow. A warmth in his eyes greet his peer before he begins towards Maximo's quarters.*

"I thank you, please tell him I shall be there at present."

*After preparing his appearances he arrives at Maximo's study. He strides him strong and confident, awaiting any command.*

"M'Lord Maximo, You requested my presence."

Drakknyte32

First Post
"Head back already? It feels like we just got here. I guess time flies when your fighting for your life. I'm not afraid of a little rain, but if it's Maximo's orders then we should probably listen. Hey you guys, are you ready to head back yet?"

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
wysiwyg said:
Jean peers into the cave, noticing the well armored people inside. He immediatly assumes these must be the adventurers that Maximo was referring to. When he sees the spinning chain, he advances into the cave with his palms up saying "Wo there. I am Jean and this is my friend Mugen. We were sent here by Maximo to make sure you arrive securly back home. Maximo insists that we depart immediatly - a good idea since a storm is about to brake outside."
OOC - Maximo wants you to ensure their safety, and make sure that they return unharmed. That is all he intends. As for the storm outside, there does not seem to be a storm brewing, only clouds. None that would threaten of even light rain.

In the Cave:

As the Kevin and Nedander turn to the students, Nyela is trying hard to find where, if there is one, the trigger is on this trap. Prying at it with her tools, the noise behind her seems too much to bear when suddenly, she hears a click. Instinctively, she rolls to the side, but nothing happens. Looking back, she sees that she has managed to somehow disarm the trap, as the stone does not budge to her weight.

At the Academy:

Maximo sits waiting in the library, pouring over some documents. He turns to you when you enter, and you can see that he is a little worried. "It appears that the others have left without you. I have sent them on an errand to ensure the safety of some future students that are out on my account. In their absence, I am needing you to watch over the cubs that you rescued. I have been looking them over and see that they are not ordinary wolverines. As you are not aware, one of them has traces of what must have been his father. The blood running in his small veins is that of a dire wolverine. Much larger, stronger and savage than the mother you had faced earlier. There is a man by the name of Jearghen that may be of some help. He knows of a place that the cub can be reared and cared for until it is time to release it back into the wild. Please seek him out in town. He runs a small business in town called Jearghen's Shelter. It is for animals and such. Take the other cubs there as well so that Jearghen can take care of them."

Hesseroph

First Post
Ghin Coldstream: Fuzzy Transporter.

*With a solid bow Ghin takes his leave as he heads off for the cubs. As he arrives he gathers them up and heads towards thier soon to be new care takers.*

Gomez

First Post
Gray Sparrow

"I will go first. Stay a few steps behind me." Gray Sparrow will slowly walk down the hallway. Carefully watching her step.

Remove ads