• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hope Never Dies - OOC thread [Full]

Voadam

Legend
I'm fine with no dark vision/light sensitivity.

I changed my mind as I was doing out the stats and rearranged Con and Dex after first typing it out, I prefer the very good across the board physicals for a scout warrior as opposed to the one trick massive strength so the +2, -2 works better.

I was thinking of possible powers last night, and I thought of the everquest rogue where they have a trapsense class power where if they come within 5' of a trap they get a check just like elves and secret doors in D&D. I thought this might be very useful to eliminate my repeatedly saying "I search for traps" and have you reply that I don't find any. You could then just say that I pull up short noticing a trip wire across the path or whatever and we could move from there. Sort of like Indiana Jones in the first movie when he walks into the Inca temple with his guide.

The tattoo of mental resistance sounds cool too though, especially since Kur is so weak on Will saves.

Looking over UA last night the Wolf totem barbarian option and the nonraging more rangerish options sounded fun. In general I prefer always on powers as opposed to more powerful fewer per day ones so trading rage for favored enemy and ranger missile fire looks attractive from my playing style. Also the wolf totem one can tie me into the druid's animal companion easier (not a tasty treat) and mean I'm not doubling up on class abilities in the gestalt.

I was thinking of being from Tilnfal and having fought clansmen but at one point I tussled with a noble conjurer killing a dretch he summoned. Later the conjurer set me up for a murder of an important person so I got sent to Hopeless prison. Therefore favored enemies humans and Evil outsiders.

Open locks would provide a good story reason for how we escape from Hopeless prison, consider bluff dropped so that locks are picked. Kur is a warrior scout trapfinder, not a face man type rogue.

Lichtenhart

First Post
Wolf totem barbarian is fine. I see a lot of interesting char interaction about it. Saxon would probably be a sacred man for you, since he bears the blessing of the wolf spirit.

Coupling it with the other variant barbarian is also fine. I'd make available the two-weapon style too. Consider the Wilderness Rogue as well, I think it would suit Kur's concept.

About special powers: that was my thought as well about mental resistance. If you don't like it once per day I could turn it into a lesser continuous bonus. I'm fine with the trap sensing thing too, but it's rather weak compared to the others, so i'd probably add something to it. Your call, I like them both.

A little thing about your weapons: there is no executioner on Hopeless Island. You could have stolen some prisoner's great axe from the Archive though.

Oh and wait to pick up your languages, since I have to revise them.

Voadam

Legend
Two weapon style wolf totem variant barbarian, wilderness rogue gestalt variant orc then. Groovy.

Do you want me to work the words "hope never dies" into the background story as well?

I'll drop the axe then, with improved trip and +3d6 sneak attack, an open fist and and a shiv are effective enough.

I'm coming around to the tattoo idea.

Lichtenhart

First Post
I think I like Kur very much. :)
I'll make two shiv dagger count as a single item for the purposes of the five imundane items you can gather, so you have another free slot. What about some armor?

When you put up how you ended up in Hopelessisland I'll send you the mail with the TDMMR. ;) In the meanwhile, I'll look for a pic.

Voadam

Legend
I changed from the blue to Dark Orange like WNF had, it is much easier to read.

I just have to write up the prison sequence and I think I'll be ready to go.

I like the challenge of starting with almost nothing from a prison break. I think I'm good with what I have listed.

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
For the element of the game I would like to see it would be discovery. I enjoy having the background of things come out in the adventures, not just background for the DM to read, but for the PCs to experience and discover in-game if possible.

Voadam

Legend
Kur's view of the rest of the party is that as individuals they gave him a fair shake which is more than most non-orcs have given him, and he has genuinely responded to them as individuals and become friends. They are now his pack and while he would prefer mercenary adventures and won't seek out goody goody things to do on his own, he would happily go along with the party on such noble adventures if they decide that is what they will do.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Well now. A Lawful Good Elf, a Chaotic Neutral Orc and two Exalted Good humans. We are a diverse bunch if nothing else.

Peregrine doesn't really know what to think of the others. They're a bit wild for his tastes, but their hearts are in the right place (for the most part). Still, he sticks with them, partly to be a lone voice of reason and restraint, and partly so that he doesn't fall back into his sedentary nature.

Lichtenhart

First Post
Ok, let's recap the game elements: we'll have a campaign where the sturuggle of good against evil will not overshadow that of chaos against order, you'll meet some villains and friends more often than you expect, you'll get to know a world changed since you've been locked away, and discover things about you and your companions that you never suspected.

God, I already love this game. Voadam, the background is fine (Guys, I really love all of your characters. Wonderful job!), and I'll send that mail as soon as I can, tonight probably. (Yes, I am the one delaying now, you can all hate me!;))

In the meanwhile, take a look at this couple pics. Don't worry if you don't like them, I'm looking for more.

http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/hosted/Pozas/Pictures/Oddballs/horc_ranger.jpg

http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/loth/l/e/leguan/orc.jpg.html

Remove ads