D&D 5E Hydellor OOC

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
I was planning on having Mindra take the Scout subclass from Xanathar's Guide. It says she gets gets proficiency in Nature and Survival, but she already has Survival. I was wonder if it would be okay to just pick a different skill. I was thinking of Investigation.

Yes, you can. The rule is pretty much if you ever get a double skill proficiency, you can take any other proficiency. I would say as long as it kind of fits the character, and Investigation probably would.

And everyone can go ahead and level up to 3 now.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
rules said:
Hex Warrior

The influence of your patron also allows you to mystically channel your will through a particular weapon. Whenever you finish a long rest, you can touch one weapon that you are proficient with and that lacks the two-handed property. When you attack with that weapon, you can use your Charisma modifier, instead of Strength or Dexterity, for the attack and damage rolls. This benefit lasts until you finish a long rest. If you later gain the Pact of the Blade feature, this benefit extends to every pact weapon you conjure with that feature, no matter the weapon’s type.

Okay, scenario... Pact weapon is a scimitar. I touch a scimitar, make it work with hex warrior, then conjure a second scimitar as my pact blade, I now can attack with both scimitars as two-weapon fighting, both using Cha for attack, and Hex/Hexblade curse applies on all attacks. Do I get that right?

Rule of Cool request: If the above is true, can I summon a set of two scimitars as a pact weapon, only one of which benefits from Improved Pact Weapon/counts as magical for resistance?

I just think it'd be more piratey to use two cutlasses (scimitar stats) than a rapier/longsword and a shield.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Hm. I don't see anything that would prevent that, true, though I'm not sure it was meant to work that way LOL I think I would allow it. The catch is you don't have two-weapon fighting as a warlock, so you don't get your Cha modifier to damage on the offhand attack.

Lord Twig

Adventurer
[MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION]

Do we know if the others are coming back to this game? It has been some time since we have last heard from them. Even if they do come back, maybe we should allow some others to join in? We have lost a few since this game first started.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
[MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION]

Do we know if the others are coming back to this game? It has been some time since we have last heard from them. Even if they do come back, maybe we should allow some others to join in? We have lost a few since this game first started.

From experience on these boards, we are better off with 3-4 active players rather than more, with people dropping out later. This really tends to kill the games. I personally like the way things are, but won't mke a fuss if you want others to join. Worst comes to worst, we can have some NPCs joint to fill specific roles that are currently unfilled.
Cheers,

SG

PS: I'll be travelling overseas next week yet again, so I apologize in advance if I am not as responsive.

Lord Twig

Adventurer
From experience on these boards, we are better off with 3-4 active players rather than more, with people dropping out later. This really tends to kill the games. I personally like the way things are, but won't mke a fuss if you want others to join. Worst comes to worst, we can have some NPCs joint to fill specific roles that are currently unfilled.
Cheers,

SG

PS: I'll be travelling overseas next week yet again, so I apologize in advance if I am not as responsive.

I will bow to your superior experience. I'm fine with the current number of players. Just wanted to keep the game going. :)

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
If we want some new players, I'm fine with opening up recruitment again too. I don't know what happened to CG. He/She seems to have disappeared from other games, too. We can continue on with you three, though, too. You're actually leveled a bit farther along than I expected anyway :) I can adjust the next adventure up or down as needed, though.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Cheers,

SG

Feel free to post Theremin meeting Mindra for breakfast.

And good luck with the travel.

Remove ads