(IC) Against the Giants PBP Group 1

Hriston

Dungeon Master of Middle-earth (He/him)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Bible dashed out and slew the young giant before he could even raise his club. The larger giant took her challenge and rushed toward her, raising a massive axe. Behind her, Cordit picked up the other nearby young ogre and proceeded to pound him into the ground until he lay still.

OOC: Giant2 dashed to AI31/AW33. Bible killed YO2 and Cordit killed YO1. @Shadowedeyes, @Lidgar, & @VLAD the Destroyer everyone else still to go!

Last edited:

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
Jack aimed Darling from the shadows of the doorway and fired at the giant just as he engaged Bible.

Shadowedeyes

Adventurer
Valda moves cautiously forward just behind Bible. Scanning the battlefield she throws one of her handaxes at the last young giant if she can see it, otherwise at the giant not engaging Bible. As it streaks through the air, when it connects the axe releases a burst of flaming chains that attempts to wrap around it's foe. She'll then draw her sword and ready herself for a fight.

OOC:
Handaxe attack roll: 1D20+8 = [20]+8 = 28

Handaxe w/ Fire Rune Damage Roll: 2D6+6+4D6 = [4, 1]+6+[2, 6, 2, 6] = 27

If the target lives it needs to make a DC 15 Strength saving throw or be restrained and take 2d6 fire damage at the start of it's turn as long as it is. I will also use my reaction to use Cloud Giant's Rune of the Giant engaing Bible is hit with an attack to redirect the attack to the other giant if it's in range (30 ft)

Quinn steps through the doorway and bolt of starlight at the giant rushing towards Bible. The bolt strikes the giant the faint illumination clinging to it's skin. Quinn watches the other giants hoping that they don't try to run and alert the rest of the compound.

OOC: Move: to AX29
Action: Guiding Bolt attack against AHG2: 1d20+10 27 4d6 11

Cosmic Omen Weal/Woe Check: 1d20 19 That is woe result.
As a reaction when a creature I can see in 30 ft makes an attack, check, or save, I can:
• Weal (even): add 1d6 to the number rolled for the attack, check, or save
• Woe (odd): subtract 1d6 from the number rolled for the attack, check, or save

Quinn: AC17* HP 69/69 HD 10/10 PP19 SSdc18 4/4 2/3 3/3 2/3 2/2 WS 2/2 GB 3/4 CO 4/4 ET 1/1 DS 1/1 H 1/1 MS 1/1 Ba 1/1

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Valda rushed out of the outbuilding, running between Bible and Cordit, where she threw an axe at the escaping young hill giant. The giant stumbled wreathed in flames, and he struggled to free himself to no avail. The armored giant from the north gate lumbered down to swing his axe at Cordit, and Valda invoked a rune that caused the blow to strike the other giant.

At the same time, Quinn and Jack struck that giant as well, the first with a quarrel that pierced his thick neck and the second with a spell that caused him to glow. The giant wheezed, but stayed standing.

OOC: The giant that is taking the most blows dashed this turn, but if he survives he'll attack Bible next round. I used Valda's rune on the one on Cordit, who would have struck her twice. I hope that's okay. Giant2 is granting advantage on the next attack (from Quinn's Guiding Bolt). The young hill giant - turns out that I was mistaken about them being young ogres - apparently you killed all the young ogres - these are hill giant youths, like the icons say. The young hill giant failed to escape Valda's fire rune and is restrained.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
GM: Encounter: Steading Courtyard
1719164099947.png

(General Features) Difficult Terrain: Bushes (in green); Visibility: Bright (daylight); Cover: Walls; Hazards: none
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Spells (Etc) * (Notes)
(PCs)
Bible AC18 HP 94/94 HD 10/10 PP16 2W 1/1 AS 1/1 Ind 1/1
Jack AC17 HP 73/73 HD 10/10 PP20 LK 3/3
Quinn AC17* HP 69/69 HD 10/10 PP19 SSdc18 4/4 2/3 3/3 2/3 2/2 WS 2/2 GB 3/4 CO 4/4 ET 1/1 DS 1/1 H 1/1 MS 1/1 Ba 1/1
Valda AC19* HP 92/92 HD 10/10 PP15 AS 1/1 2W 1/1 RNdc15 CR 0/1 FR 0/1 HR 1/1 SR 1/1 GM 4/4 RS 4/4 Ind 1/1
(NPCs)
Cordit AC15 HP 16/16 PP12
-Cordit Giant Ape AC12 HP 141/157 PP14
Name * AC * HP * PP * (Notes)
(BGs)
Armored Hill Giants AC17 HP105ea PP12
-AHG1 105/105; AHG2 43/105;
Young Hill Giants AC12 HP42ea PP9*
-YHG1 0/42; YHG2 0/42; YHG3 8/42;
GM: Begin Round Two

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The giant staggered under Bible's mighty blow, but he didn't yet fall, and in spite of the arrow in his neck and the wound in his thigh, he brought the axe-blade down on Bible, who defended as best she could. The giant raised his axe once more, but staggered instead of striking.

OOC: Giant's at 18HP & did 24 slashing to Bible.

Hriston

Dungeon Master of Middle-earth (He/him)

Remove ads