(IC) Against the Giants PBP Group 1

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Tenibor is intrigued by the gambit. He has some powerful magic left. But the others--including the warriors--must be willing and able.
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Hriston

Dungeon Master of Middle-earth (He/him)
Bible retrieves her two hand-axes from where they lay in the kitchen and courtyard and stuffs them into her belt before running out through the north gate.

Catching up with the others, she agrees with the firbolg's plan. "Plenty more where this came from," she says as she knocks back another shimmering dark green potion.

OOC: Potion of Greater Healing: 4D4+4 = [1, 1, 2, 1]+4 = 9
AC19* HP 36/85 THP 8/8 HD 9/9 PP16 AS 1/1 2W 0/1 Ind 1/1


"Ugh, it's disgustipatin'" she says through clenched teeth.
 

"I am barely injured but used much of my magic. I have some strength left if everyone decides to return immediately. But if we get drawn into another extended conflict I will quickly be limited to my most basic of spells."

Quinn crouches down to rest while he waits for the others to decide if they are going back. He takes a swig from his water skin.

OOC: Quinn: AC17* HP 60/62 HD 9/9 PP19 SSdc18 3/4 1/3 1/3 2/3 0/1 WS 1/2 GB 0/4 CO 2/4 ET 1/1 DS 1/1 H 1/1 MS 0/1 Ba 1/1

I have most of my 1st and 4th level spells left but only 1 each of 2nd and 3rd and no 5th level spells.
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Wait here awhile and rest." suggested Siersha. "I will try to lead them south-west. Cromby can watch out for any that come this way if I fail."

She hopped up on the Eon with the grace of a skilled rider and bent low, riding off into the hills travelling southward. Ten minutes passed and the light of a lantern appeared in the hills to the south, moving slowly westward. Occasionally it flashed toward the steading as if someone were being careless while negotiating rocks.

It wasn't long before the giant's search party spotted it, and they moved southward as a group, shouting in anger.

"An' off they go!" whispered Cromby, happily. "We should watch for a spell; make sure they've fully taken the bait. Then off ya go again!"

OOC: We'll call that enough for a short rest. Feel free to spend & roll some hit dice as needed.
 

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
OOC: Short rest:
Uses Song of Rest - everyone spending HD will get back an extra d8.
Regain all 5 uses of Bardic Inspiration.
Spend 6 HD (starting from 37/75 HP, ending 74/75)
1st HD + Song of Rest: 2D8+3 = [2, 4]+3 = 9 (46 HP)
2nd HD: 1D8+3 = [3]+3 = 6 (52 HP)
3rd HD: 1D8+3 = [3]+3 = 6 (58 HP)
4th HD: 1D8+3 = [4]+3 = 7 (65 HP)
5th HD: 1D8+3 = [2]+3 = 5 (70 HP)
6th HD: 1D8+3 = [1]+3 = 4 (74 HP)
(Dang, didn't roll anything in the top half with seven rolls when you include the song of rest. My dice luck is holding firm. :p )

Eoghan AC15 HP 74/75 THP 0/8 HD 9/9 PP19 SSdc17 0/4 0/3 1/3 2/3 1/1 BI 5/5
 

Hriston

Dungeon Master of Middle-earth (He/him)
The Reeve drops her pack, takes a seat, and reaches a hand behind her breastplate, retrieving a small pipe made from a sea stone with a hole bored in it. She cradles the pipe in her hand and murmurs seemingly to herself, "Me lucky charm. 'Twas a gift from me Cap'n."

She doesn't light the pipe, but focuses her attention on it for the hour, holding it in her hand and sometimes putting it in her mouth and holding it between her teeth as she sits contentedly and dwells on thoughts of the past.

 
Last edited:

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
Jack sits a little apart from the group and fixes his bleary eyes on the steading while slowly honing his dagger.

Shisk, shisk, shisk…the whetstone on steel makes an oddly soothing sound coupled with the bard’s quiet singing.

OOC: Jack’s good, no healing necessary.
 

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Tenibor meditates for a bit before resuming his watch for the giants.

When he has the chance, he will restore the telepathic bond.

(Heal to full. Recover 1 1st and 1 3rd level spell.
Tenibor AC16(13) HP 56/56 THP 0/8 HD 7/9 PP16* SSdc16 2/4 0/3 1/3 2/3 1/1 WoMM 4/7 LK 2/3)
 


FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Way I see it," offered Cromby, now that it seemed that Siersha's plan had worked, "Ya've got two choices: Y'can go right back inna steading, an' see what way the wind is blowin' there now, or ya can head south and see if y'can ambush the huntin' party from behind. Either they got Siersha, or they don't. Either way, they won't stay out inna hills all night."

OOC: And if you choose to go back to the steading, I need to know your approach. You've got a decent idea of the layout now. How do you want to get back in?
 

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Top