(IC) Against the Giants PBP Group 1

Hriston

Dungeon Master of Middle-earth
Not wanting to startle Utharn with too much unexpected company, Bible waits by the chimney, careful to stay out of sight of the watchtower and ready to leap down the rope as soon as she is needed in the room below.

Hearing Quinn's description of his flyover in her mind, Bible grows hopeful that the kitchen fires will lead them to her halfling friend before she becomes a meal.

"Well, blow me down!" she thinks mostly to herself, but everyone can hear her, "them doors in the stoney giant's cabin might jusk lead us in the right direction. An' if we can't get through that-a-way, then perhaps we can go up an' over this here roof and get in through that door in the wolf yard."

"Gettin' past them wolves without them makin' a !$ !$% ruckus though. Hmmm," she thinks and scratches the back of her neck as her mood turns grim.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"It is not my place to say." answered the stone giant, "You will have to speak to Laerthar, who is at the feast."

OOC: I know it probably sounds like a cop-out on my part, but he has reason to keep his opinions to himself.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
~Laerthar is at the feast.~

~There is a feast happening in the steading right now. An ambassador of the stone giants is at the feast. Who else is at the feast?~

He will let the implications of all this digest.

Shadowedeyes

Adventurer
Valda paces on the roof while hearing the descriptions of the negotiations in her head. Although she's managed to get a handle on not projecting every thought at this point through the bond, it's fairly obvious that she almost wants a fight. However, while not exceptionally clever, she has survived this long by not charging blindly. Take every advantage and never fight fair. So she waits, ready to go down the chimney when the coast is clear, or if hostilities break out.

"Maybe we could feed something to the wolves to get past them. If this way doesn't seem like it will work out."

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
~Mayhaps we serve these lads a little dessert. Wonder how many there are?~ mutters Jack mentally to the rest after hearing the translation from the wizard.

Last edited:

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
::Good idea Utharn, I will speak to Laerthar.::, then offhandly adds, ::Is he expected back soon?::

The firbolg walked closer, the resting his back against the corner as he keeps strumming. He took the opportunity not just for Utharn to answer, but to send a thought to his allies.

~<While this chant will keep him friendly, it does not make him any of your friend, or make him less friends with others. But after the hour chimes, he will know what I have done. Once we have what we want from him we may want to put him down. I'm attempting to draw his attention from the chimney.>~

Once he settled himself comfortably, he nods at Utharn and continued.

::Are there other emissaries here or is Thane Arnak the only one with such foresight?::

OOC: Moving to the top left corner, J68, to get Utharn to look at him instead of the chimney, plus hopefully his playing will cover any incidental sounds. When walking past the doors, did they open inward or outward?

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
When the stone giant assistant looks away, Tenibor will create an illusion of the wood pile in front of the wood pile.

~We will have no better chance to enter the steading then now. This is the moment to come down. Our magic will make this easier.~

~Come down the chimney.~

When the giant looks back AND realizes something is off, Tenibor will say in Giantish: "My fellow retainers are emerging from the fey realm."

(OoC: Minor Illusion cantrip)

Last edited:

Hriston

Dungeon Master of Middle-earth
Hearing the talk of feasting, Bible's concern for her small friend's welfare grows suddenly urgent.

"Wait up!" she interjects telepathically. "Ask him if he's seen any prisikners and if so, where they're bein' kept an' if they're on the menu."

She eyes the large column of smoke rising from the smoke-hole in the roof looming over them.

"I'll betcha tha's where it's happening," her thoughts echo as she estimates the distance from where she stands to the room she imagines is beneath the smoke-hole. "We may not have enough time if they're feastin' there already."

She regards the rope dangling down into the chimney before her, feeling a twitch as she suppresses an urge to run to the smoke-hole and leap down to her friend's rescue.

"She's countin' on me," she mutters to herself under her breath as she grips the rope and descends carefully and quietly into the stone giant's chamber, "an' I ain't gonna let her down."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Utharn had seen Tenibor, but had overlooked him as a servant, quite literally beneath his notice. It was only the power of Eoghan's magic that had him treating the Firbolg as an equal. Hearing now that the elf was bringing more 'retainers from the feywild' he began to ask questions, "I am surprised that one so low on the Ordning as yourself has been summoned to join the alliance. I assume that your retainers missed their mark when transporting you, or you would not have arrived in this room, but the great hall itself?"

He stood, towering over them, even Eoghan. In spite of being much more slender, he made the hill giant they had seen at the watchtower seem positively short. He answered Eoghan's question boldly, "Thyffon is here to speak for the Skyejotun, but I do not think that Nosnra has the diplomatic skills to keep him."

OOC: That would be a cloud giant.

Remove ads