D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Chrysagon slammed at the urn with his new staff until it cracked, split, and shattered, spilling twitching bones onto the floor. The bones shook and shuffled, as if they were trying to form a skeleton, but they were too scattered to do it. The two skeletons that had emerged before the urn was smashed lunged at the paladin, and one scratched him while he fought off the other.

Imogen attempted to freeze a skeleton's head, but it was far too dry and only a small amount of frost grew on it before Weed moved in, clawing at its legs with his newly grown claws. Another skeleton lumbered out of its urn and clawed at the vegepygmy, who danced to the side. Ghorrak hacked at the remaining zombie with his big sword, and it got lodged in the thing's shoulder. As the zombie reached out for him, Qawasha planted his gnarled staff, and lightning burst out, raining down on the zombie and Imogen's skeleton, and both undead burst and fell.

Dellrak struggled with his opponent, who was joined by another. The dwarf hacked one with his axe and managed to hold off the other, and he watched past them as the Hunter prepared another javelin to throw at him. To his relief, the javelin fizzled in the air, as Myrral tried to disrupt the magic that animated the hunter. While he could not hope to beat the powerful magic of Acererak, he was able to best the relatively weaker magic that manifested the javelin itself. At least, this once, as the hunter began to manifest another javelin.

Ussal threw off his skeletal opponents and threw a caustic brew at the bronze shield that bore the hunter. While there was a layer of grime that the acid needed to burn through to begin to bore into the bronze, small pits began to form in the metal. It was working. The skeletons chased him, but he was able to fight them off.

Yassah slashed at the skeletons climbing out of the urn in the south-west corner of the room, but they surrounded him and scratched at his scaly flesh, leaving blackened scratches. His broodguard clawed and bit at the skeletons coming out of the urn to the north of him, but he too was struggling to give more than he took.

To make matters worse, the five urns that were still intact burst forth another skeleton, who began to climb out to join the others in an overwhelming rush.

OOC: Whew! This is a lot of work. Chrys did 21 to Urn, destroying it while TS1b did 8 (4) necrotic to him. Imogen "missed"; Weed did 7 to TS4a; Myrral dispelled hunter's attack; Ussal did 2 to Hunter; Yassah did 7 to TS3a & took 13 from both TS3s; Ghorrak did 10 to FZ1; Qawasha did 13 to FZ1 & 16 to TS4a (destroying them); Dellrak did 10 to TS5a. Broodguard did 3 to TS2a, who did 6 back.
 
Last edited:

log in or register to remove this ad

FitzTheRuke

Legend
GM: Encounter: Papazotl's Tomb
TombL2-A22r3.jpg

(General Features)
Difficult Terrain: Bones, Chariot
Visibility: Various Lightsources (Incl. Chrysagon's Flail)
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Spells * (Notes)
(PCs)
Chrysagon AC16 HP 46/52 (Rs. Nec&Rad) HD 5/6 PP10* SSdc15 4/4 2/2 CD 1/1 LoH 35/35
Ghorukk AC14 HP 49/58 HD 6/6 PP12* AR 3/3 RE 1/1 2W 1/1 AS 1/1 UM 4/4
Imogen AC17 HP 51/51 THP 0/5 HD 7/7 PP12 SSdc12 2/2 FS 3/3 AS 1/1 2W 1/1 Lk 3/3
Myrral AC14 HP 50/50 HD 6/6 PP17* SSdc14 2/4 3/3 1/2 Ins 3/3
Ussal AC20* HP 42/51 THP 6/6 (Rs. Psn) HD 6/6 PP14* SSdc15 4/4 2/2
Yassah AC15 HP 32/54 (Rs. Psn) HD 5/6 PP15* 2W 1/1 AS 1/1 WS 1/1
(NPCs)
Dellrak AC15 HP 17/58 (Rs. Psn) HD 6/6 PP14* SS 4/4 2/2
Kupalue (Weed) AC14 HP 27/27 HD 6/6 PP13* regen3
Qawasha AC11(16) HP 45/45 HD 6/6 PP14 SS 2/4 3/3
Broodguard AC14 HP 39/45 HD 7/7d8 PP12*
Name * AC * HP * PP * Attacks * Spells * (Notes)
Tombguard Skeletons
AC15 HP 19ea PP11*
-TS1a 19/19; TS2a 9/19; TS3a 19/19;
-TS4a destoyed; TS5a 9/19; TS6a 11/19;
-TS1b 19/19; TS2b 19/19; TS3b 19/19;
-TS4b 19/19; TS5b 19/19; TS6b 19/19;
-TS1c NA; TS2c 19/19; TS3c 19/19;
-TS4c 19/19; TS5c 19/19; TS6c 19/19;
Feral Zombie AC8 HP16ea PP9* destroyed
Hunter (Bronze Shield) AC16 HP 8/10
GM: End Round Two; Begin Round Three
 

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Miss Imogen sees the damage done by the wyrd Hunter in the shield, and fires an arrow at it.

The arrow hits, or appears to, and the shield resounds, like the gong that would call the girls to supper at Miss Enna's Academy. Her first arrow away, she turns and engages with the skeleton harrassing Kapalue. she barley misses, but the arrow catches on the rags the creature still wears, and the force drags it to the ground where it shatters into dust.

"Weed, behind me!" she calls, but the little vegepygmy instead steps over the skeleton that had just fallen and releases a sling bullet towards a skeleton in the corner. The stone misses, the vegepygmy squeaks, and runs to the protective cover of Miss Imogen's skirts, where it seems to disappear amidst the shadows against the wall.


OOC: Move to BI 57 if needed to get a clear shot, or else fire over the chariot.
Attack: 1d20+9=16 (hit) for 1d8+4=11 damage (killing it?).
Second arrow vs. TS4c (right in front of her) -- with Sharpshooter -- 1d20+4=8 (miss) ... but is she lucky? yes she is! 1d20+4=17 (hit), so she hits for 1d8+14=22 damage (taken from the first roll; killing it?).
Luck Points left: 2/3.

WEED:
move to BJ 59
Attack skeleton at BO 58 (now within 30'): 1d20+6= 11 (miss),
continue move to BH 57.
Bonus action: Hide: 1d20+9=19.
 

MetaVoid

Adventurer
"Let usss sseee if he is a creature or not." hisses Ussal as he rapid-fires words of a spell.

Muted booming thunder resonates around the room, dust falling from the crevices as the spell shatters minor rubble around the shield and resonates weakly in the wall, absorbed once again by the layers of dust and cobwebs.

Hissing in annoyance, he activates one of the crystals in his armor and the force field surrounding him hums back to full strength.

Action: Shatter: 3D8 = [2, 1, 2] = 5 - REALLY!??!?! - CON save DC 15 for half (A creature made of inorganic material such as stone, crystal, or metal has disadvantage on this saving throw.)
Minor: Refresh Defensive field (gain 7 temp hp) 1/3 uses remaning
 

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Pleased to see that no new skeletons emerged from the smashed glass cauldron, Chrysagon calls out to the others to to the same. Break those cauldrons. That will stop new skeletons coming forth!
Next, he took a swing against the two skeletons. They looked fragile and the staff, to his surprise, was very powerful. Even so, the first skeleton dodged the strike but the second skeleton was not so agile. The bones rattled from the blow and a ball of pure energy emerged from the staff that ripped away even more undead life force.

Action: Attack with Staff of Striking + damage: 1D20+9 = [4]+9 = 13
1D8+6 = [5]+6 = 11
1D20+9 = [10]+9 = 19
1D8+6 = [3]+6 = 9

Extra damage to hit: Force damage (1 charge - Staff of Striking): 1D6 = [4] = 4. Total damage 13 (or 22, if vulnerable to bludgeoning damage). Force damage charges left: 9/10.
Move: Chrysagon does not move.

Are these skeleton also vulnerable to bludgeoning damage, like normal skeletons?
 

Hades#2

Explorer
Yassah
AC 15, HP 32 (54max)

Heeding the new information from his teammate, Yassah switched tactics and ignored the skeleton.
"Broodguard! Break the cauldron!" he ordered as he attacked the one closest to him.

2 weapon attack on cauldron with scimitars.

2#1d20+7: 2 # 11 [1d20=4] 21 [1d20=14] damage if they hit

2#1d6+4: 2 # 8 [1d6=4] 6 [1d6=2]
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Myrral is a bit at a loss what he can do against mindless undead and constructs. He comes a bit down on the wall and drops his weighted net over the skeleton under him.

He then scampers closer to Delrack, but still keeping on the wall, out of easy reach of the skeletons.

Move: down 10'
Action: neurotic: D20 + 6#myrralnet → 25(19 + 6)#Myrral net DC 12 to get free, 1d4 damage for failed attempt to free

Move: BQ62
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Imogen's arrow clanged off of the bronze shield, leaving only the barest scratch. Disappointed, she shot a nearby skeleton through its eye-socket, and the skull shattered. Bones fell to the ground as Weed danced past it, slung a stone that pinged off the wall, and then hid under Imogen's skirts.

Myrral dropped his net on the skeleton that Weed had missed, and shuffled off down the wall, while Chrysagon smashed a skeleton with his newfound staff. The paladin called out to the others to break the cauldrons, and Yassah slashed at one with his scimitars. His first blow left a scratch, and his second a crack, but the swords were not the best thing for the job. The broodguard, ignoring his own safety, leaped on the side of his cauldron and began to bite and pull at the side. Eventually, the structure gave, and glass and bones fell to the ground as the cauldron burst.

Ussal tried to destroy the bronze shield with a destructive spell, but the metal shook with a ringing noise while the hunter seemed unbothered. The image on the bronze shield took aim, and another arrow sped out and struck Dellrak.

"Och." said the dwarf as he staggered back, then suddenly his eyes widened as if he felt a strange sensation. His colour went ash-gray as he fell apart, leaving only a pile of dust where their friend once stood.

OOC: Sorry for the wait. Poor Dellrak. Imogen did 0 to Hunter (immunity) & destroyed TS4b; Weed missed; Ussal did 5 to Hunter; Chrysagon destroyed TS1b; Myrral netted TS4c; Yassah did 6 to cauldron3; BG destroyed cauldron2. I will do Skeletons & Qawasha along with Ghorak as soon as @gnarlygninja posts (or sooner if no post arrives).
 

gnarlygninja

Explorer

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Ghorukk dashed across the floor and swung his greatsword at a cauldron with a loud clang. It cracked, but still skeletons climbed out. One took a swipe at him, but Ghorukk blocked the claws with his sword's guard.

With Dellrak gone, a small crowd of skeletons were moving toward Imogen and Weed. Qawasha would not have it, and he spun his gnarled staff in circles and the ground burst forth with writhing roots that wrapped the legs of the skeletons and stopped their advance - for now.

Around the room, the unbroken cauldrons disgorged skeletons, and the yuan-ti struggled with groups of them, getting scratches and necrotic burn-welts.

OOC: Ghorak did 15 to cauldron4; Qawasha entangled TS5a & TS45b (5c dashed in difficult terrain); TS2s did 16 to BG; TS3s did 27 to Yassah; TS6s did 8 to Ussal.
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
GM: Encounter: Papazotl's Tomb
TombL2-A22r4.jpg

(General Features)
Difficult Terrain: Bones, Chariot
Visibility: Various Lightsources (Incl. Chrysagon's Flail)
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Spells * (Notes)
(PCs)
Chrysagon AC16 HP 46/52 (Rs. Nec&Rad) HD 5/6 PP10* SSdc15 4/4 2/2 CD 1/1 LoH 35/35 bowed
Ghorukk AC14 HP 49/58 HD 6/6 PP12* AR 3/3 RE 1/1 2W 1/1 AS 1/1 UM 4/4
Imogen AC17 HP 51/51 THP 0/5 HD 7/7 PP12 SSdc12 2/2 FS 3/3 AS 1/1 2W 1/1 Lk 2/3
Myrral AC14 HP 50/50 HD 6/6 PP17* SSdc14 2/4 3/3 1/2 Ins 3/3
Ussal AC20* HP 41/51 THP 0/7 (Rs. Psn) HD 6/6 PP14* SSdc15 3/4 2/2 DF 1/3
Yassah AC15 HP 5/54 (Rs. Psn) HD 5/6 PP15* 2W 1/1 AS 1/1 WS 1/1 bowed
(NPCs)
Dellrak AC15 HP dusted
Kupalue (Weed) AC14 HP 27/27 HD 6/6 PP13* regen3
Qawasha AC11(16) HP 45/45 HD 6/6 PP14 SS 1/4 3/3
Broodguard AC14 HP 23/45 HD 7/7d8 PP12*
Name * AC * HP * PP * Attacks * Spells * (Notes)
Cauldrons
AC15 HP 22ea (vuln. bludge & thunder)
-Cld1 destroyed; Cld2 destroyed; Cld3 16/22;
-Cld4 7/22; Cld5 22/22; Cld6 22/22;
Tombguard Skeletons AC15 HP 19ea PP11*
-TS1a 19/19; TS2a 9/19; TS3a 19/19;
-TS4a destroyed; TS5a 9/19; TS6a 11/19;
-TS1b destroyed; TS2b 19/19; TS3b 19/19;
-TS4b destroyed; TS5b 19/19; TS6b 19/19;
-TS1c NA; TS2c 19/19; TS3c 19/19;
-TS4c 14/19 netted; TS5c 19/19; TS6c 19/19;
-TS1d NA; TS2d 19/19; TS3d 19/19;
-TS4d 19/19; TS5d 19/19; TS6d 19/19;
Feral Zombie AC8 HP16ea PP9* destroyed
Hunter (Bronze Shield) AC16 HP 3/10 (imm. all but acid & force)
GM: End Round Three; Begin Round Four
 
Last edited:


FitzTheRuke

Legend
Ghorrak kicked the cauldron right where it was cracked, and the glass shattered, sending bones scattering across the floor. The orc spun, and struck a skeleton with his sword as it stumbled over the debris. The other skeleton tore its way out of Myrral's net, scratching itself up in the process.

OOC: I forgot to deal with the net last round, so I'll skip an attack (that should not have happened last round) on Ghorrak (who's name I keep misspelling); Ghorrak destroyed cauldron4 & did 10 to TS4d. TS4d missed Ghorrak. Myrral's net had done 5 to TS4c before it escaped.
 

Hades#2

Explorer
Yassah

Suddenly realizing how injured he was, he did his best to shrug it off and continue his assault on the cauldron.
Using second wind to gain some hp.

1d12+2: 4 [1d12=2] Well, that was pretty worthless.
Dual scimitar attacks on cauldron

2#1d20+7: 2 # 21 [1d20=14] 13[1d20=6]. If those hit, damage is:

2#1d6+4: 2 # 9 [1d6=5] 7 [1d6=3]
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Yassah and his broodguard were struggling in the south-west corner. The malison slashed at the cauldron once more, and scored a scar into its glasswork, but still the structure held. Another skeleton climbed out, and he became surrounded. They reached out with grasping claws and they pulled Yassah down, scratching necrotising welts into his snake-like skin.

The broodguard hissed and ferociously clawed and bit at three skeletons, tearing the head from one of them. He kicked at another, and held it off, but the third scratched his back in three deep gooves.

OOC: Yassah healed himself 4 & did 9 to cauldron3; Broodguard destroyed TS2a & did 7 to TS2b. TS2s did 14 to BG; TS3s did 16 to Yassah, downing him. Then they hit him again for 1 failed death save! Healer!
 

MetaVoid

Adventurer
"Thisss isss getting annoying!" Ussal hisses as he casts one thing he can that he knows will hit regardless of distractions.
He protects himself from the minor wounds of the skeletal opponents, but killing that statue is the priority.

"Shaman, get to Yassah!" he yells, adding as an afterthought "And ssee if you can sssave the broodguard too!"
Bonus: Protective field, gain 7 temp hp (last one?)
Action: cast magic missiles on the hunter:
Magic missile 3d4+3 = 10
 


Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Miss Imogen sees her comrade go down, as she aims an arrow at a cauldron. She is angry at herself that she let her companions continue this senseless treasure hunt rather than head for the completion of their quest, and her frustration throws off her aim. The arrow embeds itself in the wall, having missed.

OOC: Attack 1d20+4=6. Ugh.
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"On it!"

Myrral flows over the terrain, even turning bones and slick stones and dust barely slowing him down. He skirted the entangled area and used the chariot as a bouncing board for a quick turn, he got close to the downed friendlies. But not close enough. Hopefully, they will survive few more seconds.

OOC: I don't have any long-range healing :( Hold on!


Feline Agility: double the speed TENT
* = diff terrain
Move: SW*-W*-W* (BN63) SW*-SW-SW (BK66)
Dash: W-W-W (BH66) SW-SW(BF68)
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Imogen's arrow thumped into a wall as Myrral landed on all fours and scampered across the room, heading to rescue Yassah. Qawasha was also on his way, only stopping to fry a skeleton or two while they struggled to free themselves from his writhing vines. One was destroyed, while the two others escaped, with one taking a swing at Imogen as Weed danced away, cracking a stone off of its forehead.

OOC: Imogen missed; Myrral ran; Qawasha destroyed TS5a & did 13 to TS5b; Weed did 6 to TS5c; TS5c missed Imogen; TS5b escaped entangle. Just @Prickly Pear Chrys to go!
 

An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top