Pathfinder 1E [IC] - TIDERULER OF MARAN

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Indeed, friends, I thought we can free everyone from the tower after we check the mine. Now we have to fight here, let's make it quick. Try not to kill anyone if you can help it. We are not the law here."
Marius surges forward...

[sblock=Actions if guards are still standing]
...battering the guards still standing into unconsciousness.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[/sblock]

"Come, girls! We're here to stop this abuse. You'll be safe, look, there is your druid!" he tries to put some hope into broken souls.

Archon Basileus

First Post
After the golden explosion, five of the rogue dwarves are blinded, moaning and screaming in surprise! The same happens to the dwarven women. They pull desperately, trying to free themselves from their captors, both unshaken by Shayuri's spell! The armored dwarf in the back also escaped the effects of the glitterdust, even though everyone is covered by the mixture.

[EDIT: I had a traditional sample battle set up here, but screw it, let's try something different. [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION], give me your action. Should all your actions be enough bring down the opponents, you make the cut without sounding an alarm to every rogue in the vicinity. Otherwise, you trigger a reaction. Three dwarves can see, the others are blinded. Odds are you can bring them all down before they can do anything about it! This should be enough to roll the scene in a fair way and keep the pace. Good Luck!]

MAP UPDATED

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...nqispO67s2ZXLunqhdY4dnNwI/edit#gid=1024332538

@Neurotic @MetaVoid @Shayuri @KahlessNestor

Last edited:

OOC: Hagadark would hit most dwarves he can, that means G31 as primary target (of a touch attack - no armor and since they are flat-footed, no dex either :) ) save vs staggering for him. We aren't on the map, how close may I put Hagadark? :( - he just started after Marius so assuming the word companions as our original position we cannot even get into attack position (no line of sight) due to building and the chariot.

Also, [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION], you cannot flurry without full attack.

Archon Basileus

First Post
[You can place them as you will. No worries about enemy positioning and attack. I'm assuming Hagadark used optimal positioning for the attack, targeting all hostiles possible. You actually have two turns to bring them down. No need to worry about the thick details of the battle. It follows the inevitable path, resolving itself solely on the leverage your characters have over the npcs - it's just a backwater gang, after all. I only need to determine if they get to yell or not. THEN things get interesting. :) I hope this mechanical change doesn't bother you guys. I'm trying to respond to your pace - faster around these posts - and to resolve obvious battles with lighter work. Plus, I want to explore with you the flurry of stuff Pathfinder lets you do with the ruleset, hehe.]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Nerath Wall/Long Return
Night
Round 0

Morgrym grinned. “Noo’ ye’re thinkin’ like me, lassie!” he said, charging in at the now blinded dwarves. He went right for the dwarves holding the girls, slashing powerfully with his axe.

“This way, lassies!” he said to them in dwarvish. “Grab ontae me, I’ll get ye oot o’ ‘ere.” He grabbed their hands to hook them in the back of his belt.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move: Rush the guards. I believe the one he is attacking is blind?
Action: Attack one of the guards holding the women
Battleaxe attack and damage: 1D20+6 = [7]+6 = 13
1D8+2 = [7]+2 = 9

[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 59/59 NL: 0
AC: 17 FF: 11 T: 16 (+4 vs Giants)
CMD: 16 (+2 vs bull rush, trip)
Fort: 8 Ref: 2 Will: 8 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLA; +4 v fey and plant effects)
Armed: MW Cold Iron Battleaxe
Ammunition: 9/10 bullets
Storm Burst 7/7/day
Wild Shape 1/1/day

Conditions: Enlarged: Str +2 (16/3); Dex -2 (10/0); -1 attacks (+5); -1 AC (20); Axe 1d10+3

Spells Prepared
0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
1: Obscuring Mist (Domain), Cure Light Wounds, Produce Flame, Faerie Fire, [Summon Nature’s Ally 1 (Spontaneous)]
2: Fog Cloud (Domain), Barkskin, Flaming Sphere, [Summon Nature’s Ally II (Spontaneous)]
3: Call Lightning (Domain), Cure Moderate Wounds, Protection from Energy, [Summon Nature’s Ally III (Spontaneous)][/sblock]

Neurotic

OOC: MetaVoids right, I always forget I cannot do flurry after a move. Consider it a charge then. Against the unarmored one on the right. Armored one will get full attack on the first round.
Funny that they started moaning and screaming (by the description in the post) and we're trying to prevent them from raising an alarm. It is actually disturbing, that screaming is normal enough here that no one pays attention.

Archon Basileus

First Post
[I assumed you'd go for a full attack, given the situation. As for the moans, well... Maybe there's more to it than meet the eye, hehehe. ;)]

With great speed and subtle moves, the companions launch an attack against the guards. Before they can react, the sudden discharge brings all of them down. Those blinded have no real means of defense, and the others aren't fast enough to react. The ladies feel reassured by Morgrym's presence, complying and following him to safety. Only the minor agitation of the horse calls for attention, and even that doesn't seem enough to bring other men towards the door.
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION]

Neurotic

Marius takes the bodies into the tower hiding them from casual view. He waves others inside and binds and gags the thugs before getting down to business.

"I can follow the old man into the mine and I wouldn't expect to be detected by louts like this...but without backup, it would be a risky move. Do we want to take these two girls and maybe empty the tower and miss the meeting of bosses? Or we leave the tower as-is and continue into the mine. Note that this is maybe legal mining operation and we may be breaking in. What's more, we came to talk to the slave ring boss, not some weird creature. Even if that is the real boss. I would listen to the meeting if at all possible. If you can hurry up behind me after you get the girls to Arvana, that would be great."

OOC: Marius would of course continue into the mine while the rest of you lead the girls into the safety. But a) that would be solo action which is impractical in PbP and b) we would need to put girls somewhere safe

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Nerath Wall/Long Return
Night
Round 0

“Let’s put the lassies in the carriage an’ send ‘em off back ‘ome,” Morgrym said. “Arvana shuild be close enough t’ see us. She an’ Adelia can grab a ride back, p’raps. Lassies wuild be safer away from ‘ere.”

He looked to the girls. “Ye ‘ave a safe place t’ gae?” he asked them. “I’m f’r roundin’ up the slaver. If tha’ gets us tha’ creature, too, tha’s jus’ gravy. But nae one’s t’ be pimpin’ oot dwarven lassies,” he said angrily.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 59/59 NL: 0
AC: 17 FF: 11 T: 16 (+4 vs Giants)
CMD: 16 (+2 vs bull rush, trip)
Fort: 8 Ref: 2 Will: 8 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLA; +4 v fey and plant effects)
Armed: MW Cold Iron Battleaxe
Ammunition: 9/10 bullets
Storm Burst 7/7/day
Wild Shape 1/1/day

Conditions: Enlarged: Str +2 (16/3); Dex -2 (10/0); -1 attacks (+5); -1 AC (20); Axe 1d10+3

Spells Prepared
0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
1: Obscuring Mist (Domain), Cure Light Wounds, Produce Flame, Faerie Fire, [Summon Nature’s Ally 1 (Spontaneous)]
2: Fog Cloud (Domain), Barkskin, Flaming Sphere, [Summon Nature’s Ally II (Spontaneous)]
3: Call Lightning (Domain), Cure Moderate Wounds, Protection from Energy, [Summon Nature’s Ally III (Spontaneous)][/sblock]

Archon Basileus

First Post
EVERYONE

As Marius takes the bodies under the arch, he has a better understanding of the whole structure. The tower's been arranged from an excavation and built with a surplus of stones, combined with the natural layout of the cave. Some thirty feet ahead the access area to the other floors is made clear: a pit houses an elevator. The mechanism is clearly working - Marius sees the heavy metal contraptions turning the strong cables and hears the grinding noise the mechanism produces. Faint, confusing voices can be heard in the distance, probably going down in the elevator's cabin.

As for the carriage, it seems perfectly serviceable. The horses quickly calm down - somehow used to the noise and protected from the hooded creature that passed through a while ago. From the Long Return, only the usual noises come - the action was swift enough that no one would notice the companions' intervention.

As Morgrym imagined, though, Arvana isn't too far. She decides to stay in the area, finding a covered area to settle in while she watches Adelia and the man. The women might as well stay with her.By the time everthing's been arranged, though, the elevator sounds are even further down the pit, no noise coming from the stores above. The machine can't be seen from the companions' height, but it can be heard as it descends, some 30 feet below by now, in the dark.

MAP UPDATED

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...nqispO67s2ZXLunqhdY4dnNwI/edit#gid=1024332538

@Neurotic @KahlessNestor @Shayuri @MetaVoid

Last edited:

Remove ads