D&D 5E If WotC Did A New Setting Search

Incenjucar

Legend
I would assume it would be something likely to tug at Gen Z's nostalgia and Gen Alpha's burgeoning interests while catering enough to millennials to keep them from revolting. Somewhere between Shonen Anime, Harry Potter, and Pixar, with a bit of retro here and there.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I would assume it would be something likely to tug at Gen Z's nostalgia and Gen Alpha's burgeoning interests while catering enough to millennials to keep them from revolting. Somewhere between Shonen Anime, Harry Potter, and Pixar, with a bit of retro here and there.
Everyone's "I'm an orphan" background requires 10 minutes of sad roleplay that continues until everyone's crying.

Incenjucar

Legend
Something a bit like Kingdom Hearts with the serial numbers sanded off would go a long way, and would work well with Planescape and Spelljammer being available.

Scribe

Legend

Yeah, I think so. I wouldnt dismiss older Anime stuff out of hand. Berzerk still seems like a big deal.

RhaezDaevan

Explorer
Does anyone have a master list for all the previous setting search submissions? I know Eberron of course, and I think Midnight may have been another, but would love to know about the other ones. Were any perhaps "ahead of their time" and may fit better nowadays?

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Does anyone have a master list for all the previous setting search submissions? I know Eberron of course, and I think Midnight may have been another, but would love to know about the other ones. Were any perhaps "ahead of their time" and may fit better nowadays?
Midnight......still feel like that would be a successful series.....

I have an idea that Goodman Games's Morningstar was a submission

Rich Burlew (of Order of the Stick) was one of the three finalists. I think he's mentioned that the published version of Eberron includes elements from the other two finalists, which would make it hard to release them as their own settings (I think WotC has the rights to them).

Aldarc

Legend
Morningstar and Dawnforge, which each were about the mythic first days of a fantasy world, were both apparently finalists. I don't recall that Midnight was, though.
Dawn Forge was published by Fantasy Flight (I think), so it wouldn't have been one of the Top 3 Finalists. This is also one setting that I would LOVE to see updated for 5e D&D.

Remove ads