Immortals Handbook - ASCENSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiya mate! :)

Alzrius said:
Holy freaking crap does that painting rock! :eek:

Glad you liked it. :)

Alzrius said:
Yet another reason to be eagerly anticipating the print release! Also, posters might not be a bad idea...

I'll look into it tomorrow when I am in town.

Alzrius said:
EDIT: Crap, U_K, I just now noticed your notation about not being able to email me; this is what happens when I don't visit EN World for a few days! I have no idea what's going on, as no one else seems to be having trouble. It's still ALZRIUS at AOL dot COM. I've already sent you an email, which hopefully you'll be able to reply to. Let me know here if you don't get it, or can't reply.

Glad we seem to have that sorted.

historian

First Post
Hey U_K! :)

I know, it just struck a nerve since the Amilictli pose I borrowed from a classic Kirby cover.

Sensitive you are. Maybe I know just enough to be dangerous in this instance? :uhoh:

I'm sorry, but I can't have you 'dissing the King. I'm not fit to shine his boots...see attachment.

Pish posh, it wasn't a dis on the King, I was noting hearty approval. What impresses me is that you made these abstracts look very real. :p

There is a tendency in comic books, no matter how good the artist to do the opposite.

That attachment is awe inspiring though.

More than you know.

You did great man.

Too Epic Level Handbook-y.

You're right, I thought the same thing after I suggested it.

I was thinking some sort of Gods vs. Future encounter, but I have nothing concrete in mind as yet.

I'm smelling the Death Star or something from Autin Powers?

U_K!
Upper_Krust said:
Don't you mean DMG 3.5? ...
I have a hankering to use a Neutronium Golem on one of the covers...I'd like another shot at painting one.
I meant the 3.0 one, I lost my 3.5 one a long time ago, but since the SRD exists, I'll do without. I am pretty sure the pic was in both.
As for the Neutronium golem... Awesome. My friends did thing the illustration of it was a bit odd. It "looked like a death-cube" and it had "Laser-eyes" (Laser-Eyes becoming a running gag after a person in my gaming group saw the Dragon Ball Z Episode where Nappa "announces" Laser-Eyes)
I like the simplistic look (I can't say Timelords would care about detail much with such a creature, since it will be the last thing you see), and that it is coated in fire. Perhaps some "rings of energy" (Glowing rings of light like an atomic model) would give it a bit more depth.
Then again, color might be what it needs. (You wanted to use up your gold, right? :) )
Luck to you with Ascension!

paradox42

First Post
It seems I'm a bit late to this party, but I'll add my congratulations on a job very well done with the cover painting. I don't see how the distributors coukldn't like that for the cover; it's attention-grabbing, screams "EPIC!!!" as another poster said, and immediately piques the curiosity of the viewer. What are these creatures? Why are they fighting? Take this book down off the shelf, open it up and find out. :)

Now, hopefully this will give you the drive and creative energy to finish up Ascension quickly. :p

GQuail

Explorer
Ltheb Silverfrond said:
U_K!

I meant the 3.0 one, I lost my 3.5 one a long time ago, but since the SRD exists, I'll do without. I am pretty sure the pic was in both.

I know the pic you mean: and, no, it''s in the trap section of the 3.5 DMG. (You can tell iut's a 3.5 only drawing, because the iconic Gnome Bard appears therein IIRC.)

Oh cool. Never noticed that before. I did like that picture. Perhaps after all the Immortal's Handbook books are out I shall pick up another 3.5 DMG. You know, sometime in 3007. :)
Just messin' with ya U_K, you are doing a great job :) Its a heafty project, and (art aside, I can't paint realistically or sketch. I am a fan of abstract) it still would probobly take me a decade or so to get to the point you are at now.
Of course we know little about this enigmatic U_K... He could be an ageless being from beyond time, toiling on this book since the creation of man. If that is the case, then I guess he has no excuse. :)

Eversius

First Post
Hey, UK.

Will there be any sort of fusion ability? I got to thinking about the concept of a fusion lich (though in a much more simplified design: skull, spine, ribs, hips, arms, legs, hands, feet), wreathed in an akalich, all acting as one supreme incarnation of arcane undeath.

Kalitharus

First Post
Eversius said:
Hey, UK.

Will there be any sort of fusion ability? I got to thinking about the concept of a fusion lich (though in a much more simplified design: skull, spine, ribs, hips, arms, legs, hands, feet), wreathed in an akalich, all acting as one supreme incarnation of arcane undeath.

In the Palladium RPG, there is an Old One of Undeath, named Netosa. I have been tempted to stat him out one day. Heh heh... ;)

Hey guys! :)

Thanks for the continued compliments about the cover. :)

Eversius said:

Hi Eversius mte! :)

Eversius said:

I was recently (in the Bestiary thread) discussing a monster called the Bale Fiend which was a fusion of Balor and Pit Fiend.

As for extrapolating undeath.

Skeleton < Lich/Death Knight/Wight < Demilich/Cimerial/Winter Wight < Akalich

Ghoul < Vampire < Nosferatu < Welkin

Zombie < Mummy < Hunefer < Welkin

Shadow < Ghost/Wraith/Spectre < Atalia/Egregori/Eidolon < Akalich

Basically you have:

Bone
Blood
Flesh
Spirit

The Akalich is Bone + Spirit
The Welkin is Flesh + Blood

Other combinations may well be possible, so lets try some brainstorming...

Bone + Blood...Bloodwight (has anyone used that name yet?)...for some reason the name reminds me of Spawn (the comic book character).
Bone + Flesh...Razor Fiend?
Blood + Spirit...reminds me of the Crimson Death monster.
Flesh + Spirit...a bit like my original Garganaut idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads