• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IR) IR Interlude Turn 6 - Turn 7 (thread 3)

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
(sighs)

Forrester is right: I did a rotten job of playing the humanoids.

If Forrester decides to return to the IR, before the beginning of Turn 7, I will create a new Power for him to play.

The Humanoid Alliance (technically a part of the UC, but it might as well be an independent country.)

Forrester created the Humanoid Alliance of old, and made it famous (or infamous.)
So it is only appropriate that it rise again, if he ever returns.

Unfortunately, I do not expect Forrester to return.

He states the IR has gone silly, and I do not expect him back, sadly.

However, don't expect me to rail against Forrester, or against Forrester the PC.
Or against anyone else who is dissatisfied with the IR.

Instead, expect me to do my best, with my waning energy and drive, to continue to try to make it better, and improve it.

Anger has no place in the IR.
Anger never had a place in the IR.

The IR is about silliness and fun.

Heck, even if you all ARE pulled into Ravenloft, that will not change.

Heh. Ravenloft will have to digest the fact that it has a 100 billion person GOOD Domain.
This is the equivalent of a normal, reasonable person deciding to devour several hundred raw eggs in 5 minutes.

I am afraid, my dear friends, that you will give Ravenloft a very bad case of indigestion.
Which will get worse, of course, as your armies start cleansing Ravenloft of it's evil Domains.

The Dark Powers are gleeful, malevolently triumphant, thinking they have you in their grasp, that you are going to be helplessly pulled into an inescapable deathtrap.
In this case, the Dark Powers do not know what they are getting themselves into!

Edena, here is my statement to the Githyanki Queen, and Mr. Draco's response.

Sollir Furryfoot:
To the (OOC-Might I add in 'Jealous') Githyanki Lich Queen:

An image of Hellmaster Phibrizzo kneels towards the Lich Queen and then stands up, "You are very powerful, no? Yet look how the God-Emporer mocks you...he looks at you...laughs at you...and invites you to become part of his 'pantheon' when you know it isn't true...the God-Emporer is simply using you! Look with your own eyes..." Hellmaster forms images of the World of Unions, the God-Emporer accepting the One God to his pantheon...him readily accepting Acererak to his pantheon...with promise of ruling over the undead..."Are you filled with rage as you see this? You should...he set him to rule over all undead...doesn't this go against your will? Shouldn't *You* be the one to rule over all undead? Either way...the God-Emporer is *not* going to win this fight, without your help. He is crafty...yes...but his strength is failing...he manipulates all, Mina, you...to try to get everything to his advantage. But, if you think he will even think of rewarding you when there is no one else left to oppose him...look again..." Hellmaster forms images of the God-Emporer, of his many forms and philosophies, of him trying to quell the red goo with his alter ego of love..."Look at him, he is too full of himself...He will be his *own* pantheon if you choose to let him live, he and his alter egos will form his *own* pantheon...there will be *no* portfolios, no *room* for anyone else besides his own selves...and when there is no one left to oppose he will chase you out or strike you down and will proclaim himself the true god...perhaps convert your own followers! Do you allow one such as this to be your ally? Or do you perfer to crush this opponent readily with your own hand...come, the League of the Warlords will help you, you shall have a true place in the Pantheon of Glowing Darkness...bring your troops out of the Astral indeed...bring them to crush the Dark Union!!!" Phibrizzo then waits for the Githyanki Queen's response.

Mr. Draco:
Majesty, look at the hellmaster. Chosen of Xvim, yet now he betrays his faith by trying to become a god. Look at his images, twisted truths, surely you, in your infinite wisdom, can see through these. Let me ask you, who sought out your alliance in the beginning? Who valued your intellect and power from the start? The Union of Oerth. This league of warlords only beseaches you now because their back is to the wall. Look at the fear he shows, else why would he be petitioning for allies now? He should have chosen his side earlier, when the Union drew close its allies. Your majesty, your forces on Oerth now know the glory of the Union. Listen to their tales, and judge by what you know is right. Bring your forces to Oerth, the Union welcomes them. Come, take your place among the Union pantheon, and be worshipped alongside the God-Emperor and myself. You know this to be true. Reinforce our power now in this delicate hour. A single wrong step now would mean disaster for us all. The Union awaits your descision.

Tokiwong

First Post
The Reporter asks: Lord Iuz, Lady Talindra, what would you say to Erika Lesage if she were here now?
Would you ally with the United Commonwealth?
What are your plans for Realmspace?
Do you have any plans concerning Krynnspace?
What is your reaction to the news of the alliance of Melkor and Rajaat?

Tokiwong said:

Iuz thinks for a moment, "I would tell Lady Lesage that she has nthing to fear from me... she should instead focus on her own plights... the UC is coming apart... though her statement about Drawing a line that I shall not cross... has in a word insulted me... but I digress."

Talindra smiles, "We shall not ally with the United Commonwealth they have made it quite clear what they think of Oerthians and Iuz in particular..."

"As far as Realmspace is concerned," Iuz thinks for a moment, "or any other space, once Oerth is made whole once more then the Pantheon of Glowing Darkness shall begin the crusade across the infinite worlds... it shall be the beginning of a New Era..."

Talindra nodded and continued, "As far as Rajaat is concerened he is t the moment a wildcard... we shall see where he stands in time... although his dedication to elimnate all non-humans is slightly troubling... but no less then others who wish to wipe out all things friend and foe alike..."

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Iuz and Talindra make their appearance at the Conference and head to their tables amidst a florish of pagentry and religious hymns... They bring a small delegation of ten strong, five Firelander Priests and five Courtiers of the Eternal Empire.

Iuz has taken a more fey form, his skin reddened like crimson or fire. The sweet smell of jasmine mixed with vanilla hangs in the air as he passes. His hair is worn long and is ebon black, matching his black kimono a gift from the Eternal Empire...

At his side follows Talindra a tanned athasian elf, her hair a fiery red and her skin smooth despite the gentle kiss of the Athasian sun. She is dressed in typical Athasian dress which leaves little to the imagination...

Iuz smiles gently, "I hope this shall prove interesting..." he takes a seat at his table his delegation following suit...

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
TO MR. DRACO, SERPENTEYE, AND SOLLIR

The Lich Queen of the Githyanki looks rather perturbed, then outright unhappy.

She speaks:

Isn't it obvious to either of you - you, Hellmaster Phibrizzo, and you, God Emperor of the Union of the Worlds - that your foes are united?

In unity is strength.
In disunity is your downfall.

Have you ever considered that if the Pantheon of Glowing Darkness and the Pantheon of the Union of the Worlds stood together, and Anabstercorian and his Army of Darkness stood with you, and you embraced Melkor and the Shade and his new ally Rajaat ... you might win the war?

And that if you do not unite, you will soon be gracing the dimensional prisons of the Alliance of Oerth and the Torilians?

Did this ever occur to you?
Did it?
DID IT?!

I think not.
You must point fingers at each other, and insult each other, and fight each other.
While your foes grow stronger and stronger, uniting ever more and more tightly.

Hazen is a formidable foe, probably as great a foe as Erika Lesage herself.
He is forging an unbreakable alliance, an unbreakable trust, between himself and countless people, while you sit here squabbling.

Do you expect me to condone such foolishness?
Do you expect me to risk the lives of my githyanki army to cater to such foolishness?
Do you expect me to waste my time dealing with such foolishness?

Now ... if I do not receive a more appropriate response from both of you, I will send my army to fight for a more appropriate, and hopefully more winnable, cause.
And you both shall be returned to Oerth, to face your inevitable doom at the hands of your foes.

What say you both?

The Githyanki Lich Queen, having spoken, sits back, her visage (horrific as it is) stern and absolute.
She speaks, then speaks again:

Well?

WELL?!

Last edited:

OOC-Iuz and Melkor, look here.

"I wouldn't mind uniting, but ones such as these two, who only think for themselves and not evil as a whole...I am not so sure, either way, it is not my decision alone to make..." Hellmaster sends a calling for Iuz and Melkor.

William Ronald

Explorer
Posts from the Temp thread

Hello, my friends.

I am including the relevant posts from the temp thread here.

Also, can people contact Zelda and wish her well? She has been a little under the weather.

Here are the posts:

Edena of Neith posted:

Well, the show must go on.

The IR continues.

Kalanyr has organized his peace conference, I have allowed for fighting at the conference, Kalanyr has thrown an antimagic zone over the whole area (thrown at 11th level, by a demipower, at that), and the Torilian press is there.

So, come on in, have a seat, and have a good chat at the peace conference.
The reporters ask every question you can think of, and then some. Feel free to tell the Realmspace public just what your thinking is (and hope the press reports it fairly. Of course, much of the conference is being broadcast live.)

The fighting in the World Forum has been halted.
A fair number of resurrections have been cast.
And a fair number of diplomats are being questioned (having diplomatic immunity, they cannot be arrested.)

Lord Melkor(Talos) posted:

Edena, am I able to reach Dark Powers like Hazen did?

Lord Melkor(Talos) posted:
Also, what is a pl of Rajaat`s forces?

Melkor to Rajaat:

Greetings, Great One, what are your plans? I hope that you will soon manage to return Athas to The Glory Of Blue Age. I also STRONLY suggest that you restrain yourself from invading Oerth or Toril, we are not ready to cleanse these worlds from vermins.

Edena of Neith posted:

Melkor, you can try.
Something inside you warns you that it would be TERRIBLY dangerous to attempt what Hazen did.

I must stress again: Most people who have attempted what Hazen did, ended up dead or permanently insane.

But yes, you may make the attempt. Are you doing so?

- - -

I do not have a backup copy of the Lists Post, unfortunately.
I just hope I can obtain a backup from Bugbear, or that the thread is still there when the main boards return.

Lord Melkor(Talos) posted

Posted by Edena:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Melkor, you can try.
Something inside you warns you that it would be TERRIBLY dangerous to attempt what Hazen did.

Well, I will try, since Melkor considers himself the ultimate Dark Power. My speech to Dark Powers:

Greetings Dark Ones! Will you aid me in embracing my Inner Darkness, to reach The Ultimate Wisdom And Power? Or maybe I have already done so, maybe you shall bow before my might, for I reached perfection, I am devoid of weaknesses, there is no compassion within me, no mercy, only Black Flame of Infinitive Hatred, Desire for possesion, Desire to Destroy everything that I can`t possess. I wield The Power Of Red Scourge, aid me and All the Light shall be quenched from multiverse, and Night Eternal will rule supreme!

William Ronald posted:

Hello, everyone:

I will also post this on the regular boards when they are up. Unless Edena transfers this and the other messages.

A message of Peace and Hope

Hazen breathes deeply as he returns to his body. He turns to the Angel standing by his side, supporting his body.

“Thank you, my friend. I had to learn the truth. To confront an evil, you must know what it is. The darkness in our own hearts is what threatens our world. The darkness in our hearts are the true Dark Powers. Yet we can strive to resist our own darkness. We have it within ourselves to resist our own evil inclinations. For, within us is the impulse for good as well as for evil. The choice is ours.”

Hazen stands, and bows respectfully before Alzem. He holds the Tears reverently in his hands.

“Alzem, I thank you from the depths of my soul. Your courage and risk to sacrifice all is beyond the descriptive powers of any mortal language. I am humbled. I return the Tears to you. I ask that you consider taking the Tears – the essence of your goodness and love – back into yourself. The darkness we fight is within ourselves and those around us. Your courage, your compassion, and love are perhaps the best weapons you need to resist the dark side of your own nature. Embrace the goodness within yourself.”

Hazen turns to the Angel. “There is much that must be done. I need to know what has transpired in my absence. I also think we will need to send a message to all on Oerth, Toril, Mystary, Athas, and Krynn. The media can help, but not even they have the reach that is required. Perhaps – if you can pardon a poor joke – I can deliver this message to all through the Angelic Broadcasting Consortium. In this time, a message of hope may help to save both individual lives and entire worlds.” (OOC: I know it is a bad joke. Humor is a great weapon against evil. Listen to the Spike Jones song The Fuhrer’s Face from WWII.)

Hazen will appear distressed at the news of the events in the World Forum on Toril and the Third Touch. He will try to determine who is trying to split the Humanoid State from the UC. (Serpenteye, Melkor, and Tokiwong have had posts on this.) If he can do so, he will include this information in his message. He will also try to determine the truth of the statements regarding Forrester’s feeling for elves and Almauril’s daughter.

“Dear Angel and Alzem, my brothers, my friends, will you accompany me to the Great Hall of the Kevellond League?”

As Gwilym Raonul begins to walk away from the podium, Hazen, and if they will, the Angel and Alzem appear. The press at the Peace Conference are informed of Hazen’s arrival. Kalanyr is contacted, and an image of the Great Hall of the Kevellond League appears in front of the reporters in Ishtarland.

Turning back to the podium, Gwilym smiles broadly. His face is full of hope and joy.

“Members of the Press and peoples of the multiverse, it is my pleasure and honor to present Archcleric Hazen of Veluna, President of the Oerth Alliance and the Kevellond League!” Tears of joy are streaming from his face as he shouts this.

Hazen walks up to the microphone and smiles. It is a smile full of love, hope, and peace. The people in the room can feel this. There is some sighing as those who have never seen an Angel gaze at the one standing by Hazen. Alzem, if he is there, is also at Hazen’s side.

“My friends, my brethren – for all of us are akin in the great family of Being – I greet you. I apologize for my absence. I undertook a dangerous quest to learn of that power that threatens Oerth, Toril, Athas, Krynn, and Mystara. In the interests of peace, this press conference is being broadcast to the media present at the peace conference. I will be able to hear you and answer your questions.”

“While some of what I tell you may frighten you, I urge you to have courage and hope. While I was in greater peril than I have ever known, I learned a way to save our worlds and others still from the Dark Powers. As I speak, this message is being sent by the Angels to people on Oerth, Toril, Athas, Krynn, and Mystara. I respect the ability of the press to reach people. It is impressive. However, there are those whom even you cannot reach. I have beseeched the Angels to help deliver a message of hope to all who will listen.”

Hazen sighs, and addresses the reporters.

“The Dark Powers. At first I imagined them to be some horror beyond the might of the Elder Ones, perhaps even residing with them. You will soon learn what I experienced and how I was able to resist the darkness and return. Victory over the darkness can be achieved. Our worlds can be saved if we will it.”

Hazen relates his experiences without telling how the Dark Powers can be reached. “I apologize for doing so, but there is such a thing as security. As you can see, it is not necessary to journey to the darkness to find it.” (Edena, it is possible to do this. Besides Hazen is not going to tell Melkor how to find the powers.). He repeats the events and words in the place of darkness and those that helped him to return to Oerth.

The reporters and assembled people are awestruck with horror by parts of the tale. Several are visibly shaken. Yet a feeling of hope increases as Hazen tells of the willingness of Alzem to sacrifice all for a friend, the words he spoke to reject the darkness, his desire to help lost souls,

“As you can see, the darkness we fight is within ourselves. However, by seeking Light, Life, and Love and responding to the goodness within ourselves and others we can triumph. We are the Dark Powers, but we can chose to be the forces that defeat them. The solution to our problems lies within each of us. As individuals, we can resist the darkness, reject it, and embrace the principles of love, compassion, justice, freedom, and goodness. There are those Powers who know this, and will aid you. Faith helped sustain me in the Pit of Despair.”

“To all who hear or see this message, I say: Do not despair! Hope! Love! Live! The solution to our problems lies within our selves. There are those who will aid you. You may think: I am but one person, what can I do against such monstrous evil? Yet the strength, love, and courage to fight the Dark Powers lies in each of us, regardless of age, race, station, or world. The darkness lies within us, but so does the Light that can save us from the darkness. YOU, each of you, can be part of the Army of Light that fights this darkness. The battle lies within us. I have asked Angels to appear to those who truly seek to fight this darkness. You have more strength, courage, and goodness than you know. The battle lies within each of us. For this is truly a War for Souls”

“I have heard of the news from the World Forum on Toril. I ask the delegates to stop fighting. There are those who seek to manipulate you to drag your world into the dark dimension called the Plane of Dread, dominated by the Domain of Ravenloft. You can fight the darkness and suspicion. You are the people of Toril, who have sacrificed so much to build a better world. Honor those who gave all and your own sacrifices. Seek peace and reconciliation.”

If Hazen knows of the efforts of other factions to influence the Humanoid State in the UC of Toril and provoke fighting, he will share them. If he knows the truth of Forrester’s intent towards Almauril’s daughter and the elves, he will share it.

“Even the greatest of mortals must confront their own inner demons. Wherever Forrester is, I hope that he confronts them and triumphs. I pray that his love of Toril and the goodness that is within him will help him triumph. I have said that I can see my way to forgive a repentant heart. Citizens of the Humanoid State, pray for Forrester, his well being and his return. Embrace your elven brothers with love. Elves, do not forsake the peace of the last 40 years. People of the worlds, reject the darkness and embrace the goodness within yourselves. May Rao and all the powers of Love, Life, Freedom, Justice, Compassion and Goodness bless us all and all worlds and peoples.”

“Members of the press, I am ready to answer your questions to the best of my ability without jeopardizing the security of my people. I thank you for coming here. I will soon leave for the peace conference. I pray that it will help all of us to find peace. I ask that the Sky-Sea League consider sending a representative and that all those who wish come there in peace.”

"Additionally, I would like to thank those who prayed for my well being. I am eternally grateful for your concern and compassion."

“I am honored to stand among you. Again I say, each of us has the power to triumph over darkness. Embrace the goodness that is in yourselves. Love your neighbor as yourself. Do unto others as you would wish them to do unto you. We can triumph over any darkness. For the choice is yours, people of Oerth, Athas, Krynn, Mystara, and Toril. The choice has always been yours.”

"I thank you for your time and your patience. Regardless of who you are, or where your are, I wish you well. May you find Peace and Love. May you and all peoples and worlds be blessed."

(OOC: Dragons of a Lost Star is now available in paperback.)

Edena of Neith posted:
Melkor wrote:

Greetings Dark Ones! Will you aid me in embracing my Inner Darkness, to reach The Ultimate Wisdom And Power? Or maybe I have already done so, maybe you shall bow before my might, for I reached perfection, I am devoid of weaknesses, there is no compassion within me, no mercy, only Black Flame of Infinitive Hatred, Desire for possesion, Desire to Destroy everything that I can`t possess. I wield The Power Of Red Scourge, aid me and All the Light shall be quenched from multiverse, and Night Eternal will rule supreme!

ANSWER: WARNING. Melkor, are you SURE you wish to proceed further?! I am giving you one last chance to back out of this.

Edena of Neith posted:

Hazen posted (see the two posts above ... nice rping, William! )

Response:

The Torilian media are not immune to the presence of the Angel. They are visibly shaken and reverent ... these hardened reporters gaze in awe at the ethereal being, and the sense of wonder and awe does not diminish, does not fade with time.
The camera systems of the United Commonwealth cannot correctly scan the Angel - viewers in Realmspace see a bright blur, smeared out of recognition, on their screens whenever the camera views flash across the Angel.

The very fact that an Angel is standing by Hazen makes him a figure of reverence, and the Torilian media (and everyone else present) treats Hazen with great respect.
You would think it was Ian Payne himself, returned from the dead, the way the press is treating Ian Payne.

This attitude translates to Realmspace.
People stop what they are doing.
Even the kender stop what they are doing, to listen to Hazen speak (well, they stop, then start again, then stop, then start again ...)

When Hazen is done speaking (as per the speech above) there is a drastic alteration in the Torilian mindset towards Oerth.
Those who called the Torilians savages, looking at Hazen, then looking at the carnage in their own World Forum, look embarrassed, and try to hide it from their families, turning their faces away.
The hatemongers, the warmongers, the bigots, fall silent.
In many forums across Realmspace, where solemn neoillithid, human, dwarven, elven, and humanoids had gathered to watch the speech, thunderous applause is heard, lasting for many long minutes.
The more boisterous gnomes and kender cheer, when Hazen's speech is over.
Deep illithid comment on how intelligent this particular human is, while the phaerimm - Realmspace's greatest mages - nod their strange faces with approval.

There are immediate calls for alliance and treaties with this Kevellond League of Oerth.
There is widespread goodwill, as perceptions towards the Oerthians change, and Oerthians are held in much greater respect and esteem across all of Realmspace.

There are even calls for the Kevellond League to be admitted immediately into the United Commonwealth of Toril, if they are willing to join.

In Krynnspace, there is confusion.
The medieval people of Krynn, accustomed to war as a way of life, and most following the tenets of the One God, simply do not understand what Hazen is trying to explain.
The renaissance and enlightenment never came to Krynn, and violence has been the normal way of life.
Mina herself, bright as she is, is puzzled.
She decides this Hazen is a puzzle.
He speaks of something that would bring peace and unity, yet he seems to be taking the entirely wrong approach to it.
How can he so want peace and unity, like she does, and yet have such a diametrically opposed way of achieving it?
How can he believe that people will voluntarily choose peace and unity? When force and war is needed?

On Athas, the Veiled Alliance stands in silent and mute approval of Hazen's words.
The dwarves of Athas also appreciate his speech, and many are sad afterwards, for they consider the state of their world, and some weep for what they have lost.
The Dragon-Kings are puzzled. Is this some sort of propaganda speech? If so, what is the Oerthian trying to achieve? What is his hidden agenda?
Rajaat is utterly confused, and decides Hazen is some sort of idiot. Or, perhaps, someone not living in reality.

On Oerth ... well, I leave it up to the players of the IR to decide how their people react to Hazen's eloquent speech.

Anabstercorian posted:

Anabstercorian Arrives

Lounging in his molecular-weave substare cloak, Anabstercorian watches as the representatives from the various factions file in. Once all are here, he sits up.

<< I will be brief - I would appreciate it if you would allow me to speak without interruption for a short time. >>

<< For most of my existence on this world I have been a force that sparked conflict, not one that ended it, although I maintain that the majority of my actions were defensive in nature. Against the Dark Powers, we can only defend. We can not attack. >>

<< Our only hope to defend against them is to snuff out our violent conflicts. Peace must become the norm, and all species that are capable of experiencing the emotion of love must love their neighbor as themselves. Ironically, our only hope in bringing this state about is in the swift destruction of one of our greatest, most dangerous enemies - Melkor. He is not a creature of peace, he is the Black Flame of Consumption. As I've proposed before, I recommend we unite and kick his ass. >>

<< Regarding other issues. >>

<< Rajaat: He is too powerful for us to safely stop - I.E., defeat without throwing us all in to the grip of the Dark Powers. I recommend we work damn hard on making him not want to kick anyones ass and aid him in forming a stable and fair regime over Athas. >>

<< Forrester: I say we work very hard on ending this silly conflict over Forrester. I have always respected and supported him, but I believe his dissappearence involves something much more sinister than the Dark Powers. My theory is... complex. I'd rather not go in to it right now. >>

<< The Penumbral Hub: It's not a gun, it won't block out your light, and it's quite safe. Swear to Ao & Ilsensine. >>

Edena of Neith posted:

The reporters ask of Anabstercorian - AFTER he has finished:

Anabstercorian, you are wanted on multiple charges by the authorities in Realmspace.
Is it your intent to turn yourself in?
Do you intend to plea to Erika Lesage for mercy?
If the UCR attacks, will you defend or give yourself up?
You fought for the illithid in the War ... do you still hold to the ancient illithid views on humankind?
Would you rather the Dark Powers won than be captured by the UC?
If the UC captures you, what justice do you expect out of them?

Edena, nice role playing of the Githyanki Lich Queen

(Going off line for a while. I will post again later tonight.)

Also, I would like to thank Edena for all his hard work. I think we all should. Running this IR is a labor of love. A few words of thanks mean a lot to a DM. (Edited to fix a few typos on my part.)

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Sollir Furryfoot said:
OOC-Iuz and Melkor, look here.

"I wouldn't mind uniting, but ones such as these two, who only think for themselves and not evil as a whole...I am not so sure, either way, it is not my decision alone to make..." Hellmaster sends a calling for Iuz and Melkor.

An image of Iuz floating ephermeral in space appears in front of Hellmaster... "You have sent your summons... and I have come..."

Iuz looks at hellmaster with his fiery eyes, "So the Githyanki Queen has put her price on alliance... I cannot say at this point either way which way I must bend..."

kaboom

First Post
The fighting in the World Forum has been halted.
A fair number of resurrections have been cast.
And a fair number of diplomats are being questioned (having diplomatic immunity, they cannot be arrested.)

Wait a second, I'm not done yet.

After the fighting delegates are subdued, Thayadon addresses them.

"Most of you probably think that that the Chosen of Mystra have no business interfering with the politics of the United Commonwealth. You are right. However, I am here to show you something. I will show you a mere illusion, but it all happened at one time or another."

He then projects the most horrid things that the Church of Shade has done.
The atrocities go on and on. People are changed into red soldiers, screaming as their flesh changes into Red Goo. Slaves are whipped to death for the pleasure of their Shade masters. Fertile ground turns barren and bleak.

After the grim illusion is over, Thayadon's voice quietly seems to be everywhere as he says “This is what the shade would have done to you, and they will get their way if the Commonwealth hacks off its arm by creating a blood feud, one that will be agitated by the Shade supporters so that it will not die until the Shade enslave you.

I wish to ask for a law that will support ANY action against the Shade, and I ask for this law to be passed immediately so that any Shade worshippers that have already infiltrated the Forum be mind-scanned and punished accordingly.

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
kaboom said:

Wait a second, I'm not done yet.

After the fighting delegates are subdued, Thayadon addresses them.

"Most of you probably think that that the Chosen of Mystra have no business interfering with the politics of the United Commonwealth. You are right. However, I am here to show you something. This is a mere illusion, but it all happened at one time or another.

He then projects the most horrid things that the church of shade has done.
The atrocities go on and on, people are changed into red soldiers, screaming as their flesh changes into red goo, slaves are whipped to death for the pleasure of the shade, ground turns into barren bleakness in a sort of fast-forwarded illusion, ect.

After the grim illusion is over, Thayadons voice quietly seems to be everywhere as he says “This is what the shade would have done to you, and they will get their way if the Commonwealth hacks off its arm by creating a blood feud, one that will be agitated by the Shade supporters so that it will not die until the Shade enslave you.

I wish to ask for a law that will support ANY action by he Shade, and I ask for this law to be passed immediately so that any Shade worshipers that have already infiltrated the Forum be mind-scanned and punished accordingly.

Fu Zhao scowls at Thayadon, "So you wish to persuade this Forum with Illusions and tricks to prove some point? If this were a show of prestidigitation then I would applaud thee... but this is a Forum for intellectual debate."

Fu Zhao waves to those assembled, "We of the Eternal Empire will not stand behind such parlor tricks... you wish to pass your law then do it through the proper channels... because of your interference many of our wounded could not be transported from this Forum to be healed... an obstruction of those that wished nothing of bloodshed only debate... and you deined them that... you penned them in... like rats to be slaughtered until you could prove your point..." he scoffs, "Your words... fall on deaf ears... I assure those that tried to escape and could not because of the wards placed are not pleased with your actions..."

Remove ads