(IR) IR Interlude Turn 6 - Turn 7 (thread 3)

William Ronald

Explorer
Kaboom:

Sorry about that. I did not know that this was done in private. Also, the peace conference is not for several days yet.

Hazen sends this message:

"Lord Thayadon Fasfoni, Chosen of Mystra, Leader of the Sea-Sky League:

"Greetings. Lord Kalanyr and Lady Siobhan are sponsoring a peace conference in a few days time. I hope to see you there, as your wise counsel is always welcome."

"Also, is there anyway I can help your people? Oerthblood seems to be our most effective tool in healing the world. I am sending you details of everything I have learned about this most miraculous substance."

Edena: If this is allowed, the Kevellond League will use its 11th level magic to try to make sure Vecna stays destroyed.

Archcleric Hazen of Veluna

Tokiwong: YOU do know that Vecna has an undying hatred for Iuz. Iuz screwed up Vecna's plans for universal domination in the official Greyhawk canon. He also tried to wipe out Iuz a few times when John Brown controlled your faction. In the hate list for Vecna, it's Kas closely followed by Iuz.

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
William Ronald said:
Tokiwong: YOU do know that Vecna has an undying hatred for Iuz. Iuz screwed up Vecna's plans for universal domination in the official Greyhawk canon. He also tried to wipe out Iuz a few times when John Brown controlled your faction. In the hate list for Vecna, it's Kas closely followed by Iuz.

OOC: Cool then Vecna comes back I make him go splat...

Creamsteak

Explorer
Diety of Elves, I am Sanctus Punitor. I am Paladin. I am Ranger. I am Elven Defender. I am bearer of Infectio Onis Ferrum. I am watcher of Delrune. I am Master of the Wild Hunt. I am student of Tensor. I am the carrier of the Eagle. I am Knight of the Round Table. I am Elf. I am Man. I am Servitor of your Judgement.

I call you here to ask you of your bidding. I come here to call upon your will. I come here for you to pass judgement. I come here to bring my case to your divine court. I ask you for wisdom for my people. I ask you for mercy when I pass from your favor.

Diety of Elves, Corellon Larethian; I beseech you!

Have I shown your intentions to my people and earned your favor upon them?

Have I served your people as you would see them served?

Have I asserted your will as you would see it used?

Who would you see me vanquish from Oerth?

Who would you see me protect and serve?

Who would you see me honor?

What must I do to become your Divine Agent?

What must I do to become your Demi-Servant?

What must I do to become one of your Court?

Your blood formed that which is my people. Your wounds bleed the magic into the blood of the Elves. Your spirit, though distilled, runs through us bone and sinew. You have seen Oerth wracked. I will restore the health of my people, of my home, and of the world. I ask only for Mercy from you. Mercy and Sanctum when I pass from this world to another.

OOC - This takes care of my words with Corellon Larethian.

I am sharing my forests with Sollir. He may use whatever techniques I have used for himself in replanting and regrowing his forests. Restoration will be necessary in order to heal the world of the touch and to help restore the happy hearts and free spirits of my people. With the limited 11th level magic available in the interlude and possibly summoning some (non-combat) plant elementals to quicken the process.

Last edited:

kaboom

First Post
William Ronald said:
Kaboom:
Hazen sends this message:

"Lord Thayadon Fasfoni, Chosen of Mystra, Leader of the Sea-Sky League:

"Greetings. Lord Kalanyr and Lady Siobhan are sponsoring a peace conference in a few days time. I hope to see you there, as your wise counsel is always welcome."

"Also, is there anyway I can help your people? Oerthblood seems to be our most effective tool in healing the world. I am sending you details of everything I have learned about this most miraculous substance."

Archcleric Hazen of Veluna

Thayadon's Reply:

An image of Thayadon appear before Hazen.

“Peace conference?” (Thayadon bursts into the undead equivalent of a laughing fit) “They must insane! On Toril, a peace conference was held. No good came of it. The Dork Union held a peace conference, but again, no happiness came from it. Peace will come to Oerth when evil is purged from it, and not before.”

“And my counsel, wise? Preposterous! Perhaps that could have been said a couple of hours ago, when I was still the solemn and grim Thayadon Fasfoni. But not now. You see, after a great amount of time, melancholy invariably sets in with all beings, except perhaps with Gods. Take Elminster, as an example. He used to be a prince, locked away, a bandit, a thief (although all for a good cause)…but look at him now! All he does is sit in that tower of his and give strange advice in riddles. He never goes out to, say, spontaneously run a country or fight in the battlefield, as I do.”

“Shortly after becoming a Lich, I started to worry a great deal about this. Then I came up with a perfect solution: Every so often, I just start a new life. I erase my old memories and bring in the new. The only knowledge that I keep is the awareness that I must change lives every so often, or else I will become a doddering old fool. Recently I thought, Thayadon, you are becoming too somber…too boring! You really need to change lives, but I can’t abandon my people. So I devised a solution: I just change personalities instead.”

“As for helping my people, the greatest gift you can give them is… a wonderful sense of humor!”

Thayadon Fasfoni

Very well then, the chaos of having Vecna around again unfortunately (for some), fortunately (for others) won't happen... :( :) Ah well... -Depending on what Edena says, of course

To the (OOC-Might I add in 'Jealous') Githyanki Lich Queen:

An image of Hellmaster Phibrizzo kneels towards the Lich Queen and then stands up, "You are very powerful, no? Yet look how the God-Emporer mocks you...he looks at you...laughs at you...and invites you to become part of his 'pantheon' when you know it isn't true...the God-Emporer is simply using you! Look with your own eyes..." Hellmaster forms images of the World of Unions, the God-Emporer accepting the One God to his pantheon...him readily accepting Acererak to his pantheon...with promise of ruling over the undead..."Are you filled with rage as you see this? You should...he set him to rule over all undead...doesn't this go against your will? Shouldn't *You* be the one to rule over all undead? Either way...the God-Emporer is *not* going to win this fight, without your help. He is crafty...yes...but his strength is failing...he manipulates all, Mina, you...to try to get everything to his advantage. But, if you think he will even think of rewarding you when there is no one else left to oppose him...look again..." Hellmaster forms images of the God-Emporer, of his many forms and philosophies, of him trying to quell the red goo with his alter ego of love..."Look at him, he is too full of himself...He will be his *own* pantheon if you choose to let him live, he and his alter egos will form his *own* pantheon...there will be *no* portfolios, no *room* for anyone else besides his own selves...and when there is no one left to oppose he will chase you out or strike you down and will proclaim himself the true god...perhaps convert your own followers! Do you allow one such as this to be your ally? Or do you perfer to crush this opponent readily with your own hand...come, the League of the Warlords will help you, you shall have a true place in the Pantheon of Glowing Darkness...bring your troops out of the Astral indeed...bring them to crush the Dark Union!!!" Phibrizzo then waits for the Githyanki Queen's response.

Last edited:

Reprisal

Illusonary image of Melkor appears before Erika:

-I am not being succesful! Ha, I am mightier than ever, the fact that all opposing me shall soon learn! Anyway what do you mean by "crossing the line"? If attacking Realmspace or Greyspace, than NO, I don`t intend on doing this, however I will help Lord Rajaat with protecting World Of Athas from invasion, he is a great man who wants to heal Athas, to change a Dessert Hell into a Paradise! I warn you: striking against me will only make Mists stronger, while together we can stop it!

Mr. Draco

First Post
Majesty, look at the hellmaster. Chosen of Xvim, yet now he betrays his faith by trying to become a god. Look at his images, twisted truths, surely you, in your infinite wisdom, can see through these. Let me ask you, who sought out your alliance in the beginning? Who valued your intellect and power from the start? The Union of Oerth. This league of warlords only beseaches you now because their back is to the wall. Look at the fear he shows, else why would he be petitioning for allies now? He should have chosen his side earlier, when the Union drew close its allies. Your majesty, your forces on Oerth now know the glory of the Union. Listen to their tales, and judge by what you know is right. Bring your forces to Oerth, the Union welcomes them. Come, take your place among the Union pantheon, and be worshipped alongside the God-Emperor and myself. You know this to be true. Reinforce our power now in this delicate hour. A single wrong step now would mean disaster for us all. The Union awaits your descision.

William Ronald

Explorer
"Thayadon, old friend, good to hear from you. I often try to make myself look at things through the perspective of others. It helps me understand my own limitations. It also helps keep me from being a bore."

"Humor can be a great tool for healing. Here are a few funny incidents from the Kevellond Chronicle, a paper which I subscribe to. The incidents are a few months old, but are interesting."

(OOC: We need some levity here. Also, attacking someone need not strengthen the mists. There are lots of ways to weaken them.)

"A man in Veluna City allegedly stole a car and was seen entering a house not his own by neighbors, according to the City Guard. Reportedly he had collected several radios and other valuables in a garage, but was unable to open the garage door. The man then went through the front door, got into his car, and drove into the garage door -- knocking himself unconscious. The man suffered no lasting injuries."

"A woman wearing a long coat is accused of attempted robbery of the First National Bank of Gradsul. She approached a bank clerk and said that she wanted all the bank's money. She said she was armed with a revolver. Unfortunately, the alleged robber moved and her hand came out of her coat pocket. She had no gun. She had just pointed with her fingers, and pretended to have one. She was quickly arrested."

"Two quarreling neighbors in Istivin were arrested after arguing whose bakery made the best pies. They decided to have a pie baking contest that soon turned into a pie throwing contest. Unfortunately, a police officer was walking by in the middle of this fight and was struck by a pie. When asked about the incident, the officer said. "It was a needless quarrel. However, the apple pie I was hit with was quite good. I wonder who baked it?"

"Laughter has the power to heal. Honest laughter, not forced laughter. I have learned to be wary of humorless fanatics. They tend to think they are the center of the universe. So far, I haven't seen any with planets revolving around them. ":)

Kalanyr

Explorer
Kind of hard for anybody to be at the conference when it hasn't started yet. If you want to hang around a locked empty room do feel free. ;) (After we have checked you are who you have said you are and the security is in place of course.)

Kalanyr will also answer any questions the media put forward (in person) as will the people of Ishtarland.

OOC-Oh Goody I can't wait "Do you still gut the innocent and sacrifice them?" and similar. Those will be fun to answer In Character.

I didn't even know it was possible to ressurect the Wanderer in the Interlude otherwise I would have done so.

Also where did the idea this was a peace conference come from? I merely called it a conference because I am quiet sure something bad will happen and no peace will be obtained though hopefully at the end of it we will know where everybody stands. Of course there is always the chance peace will be reached.

Last edited:

Alyx

First Post
Anfalon, Cleric of the sunken Lendore Isles, stood silently on the deck of the 'Water Borne'. It was at anchor; no spray flew from the bow to wet his hair and inspire joy. For now it was enough, a reminder of more pleasant times. If only what had happened could be undone...

But that was all in the past. Learn from the past. Take its lessons with you. But never let it dominate your soul. Look at Jand for example – the Red Elf was in constant mourning, barely managing to keep up with managing a league of nations. That would have to change soon, before his pessimism began to affect more then those around him.

‘Sir!’ came the harsh snap of a voice from behind the cleric. Anfalon turned around slowly to face the voice, his eyes waiting on the ocean until the last minute possible. Then he sighed, and lowered his commanding gaze to the younger elf before him. She held out a fistful of papers towards the cleric.

‘Thank you, Regina.’ Anfaren said, flipping quickly through the papers and digesting the content within. So. Jand had finally ordered the mass production of Oerth Blood blades. The entire population of smiths and other craftsman were being put to work on forging the blades and armour, aided and hasted by the magic of Dragon Isle. It was about time.

‘Tell Jand I will indeed carry out the orders within this message.’

‘Yes, Sir!’

Anfalon turned to regard the sea once again. Then, with a smile of grim resolved, he nodded towards it, like one friend to another. ‘Farewell, for a time. And when I return, it will be with renewed hope and strength of purpose, knowing that we will not fight empty handed against those that threaten Oerth.’

And with that, he left.

Remove ads