Island Empire, Part IV To face the Lich

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon

Radoon takes the glass of ale and tried to see his 'mark of the beast' in the reflection. He will dip his finger in the liquid and see if it will wash away.

He thinks to himself, 'Great now I am cursed and defaced. I was already not much to look at!' He will swallow his desire to curse at the witch for a more politically correct alternative.

"Thank you for your help in our fight with the sorcerer. Is there also any tangible help you might give us? Say...any inside information about his tower or the creep himself. Did he have any weaknesses when he was alive?"

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling

"Putting aside questions of Kalima only momentarily, it occurs to me that it would be much more useful to know his abilities NOW, rather than when he was able to breathe normally. Now about this Kalima...."

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Hmm, one of my posts seems to have disappeared. I hope I didn't put it in the wrong thread. Anyway, Kalima is a divine being favored by Gnolls, Goblins and others, especially out here in the Border Isles.

"It sounds like his transformation may have overcome many of the weaknesses I knew. His power has grown, as he was once more focused on Illusion. I have not set foot on his island fastness in many years, but I suspect it has changed little. By the time I left he had little interest in the material world having focused almost exclusively on his quest to prolong his own life. The main keep was starting to suffer neglect even in those days. The servants had mostly grown old and died and not been replaced. He no longer threw parties in the feast hall and rarely bothered to have visitors. He once had frequent visitors from his various enterprises, but he tended to ignore them and they stopped coming. He retreated to the tower."

Scotley

Hero
"The tower itself is 6 levels. Three of labs, one personal living quarters, one for servants and guards and one where he entertained guest when he had too."

Lou

Explorer
Zurrik Odeil

"As a lich, we suspect he may be forming an army of undead to serve him. Have there been any reports of people missing around here?"

Scotley

Hero
"There have indeed been a few disappearances recently, but that doesn't get much notice around here. Maybe there is something unusual happening." She pauses to consider.

As Gnurl asks his question, she looks down at the Gnome sadly. "I have not seen him since his transformation to Undead status. I'm sorry I don't know more about this phylactery ."

Lou

Explorer
Zurrik Odeil

As Gnurl asks about the phylactery, Zurrik starts, "Didn't you guys mention something about a bird or something flying off after the last battle? Any idea what sort of creature that might have been?"

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling

As Gnurl asks about the phylactery, Zurrik starts, "Didn't you guys mention something about a bird or something flying off after the last battle? Any idea what sort of creature that might have been?"
"Truthfully, I do not recall any such occurrence. But that would be just about our luck to have some dirty, filthy old crow abscond with the phylactery and weave it into his nasty-ass nest!"

Remove ads