D&D 5E Keep on the Borderlands - OOC (Filled UP)

EarlyBird

Explorer
We will have everyone divide up into to teams to take on an adventure. After which I hope to have everyone "regroup" at the inn (downtime may help here), and then divide into two different groups to head out again on a different adventures.

Radaceus

Adventurer
Ungar
First off Spearitual Weapon and Spear-It Guardians - LOL very cool
Also liked the use of Primal Savagery in your background.
Equipment:
- Didn't see the warhammer (the elven gift) in your list, plz add one. It has been decorated with feathers and twining vines around the head. Maybe something you keep in your room as a reminder?
- small stone knife (not for combat, for cutting things)
- hunting trap w/spike and hammer
- belt pouch with [roll1] GP

woohoo i get a roll for gold, always nice! thanks!
updated, kept the warhammer ( had forgotten to edit the background :) ), probably good to have a blunt weapon around just in case...

on the aside, I really like the retainer thing (Rorik), recently during a huge debate between my RL group regarding 1e/2e vs 5e (BTW, 5e is the future get use to it grognards!), we were discussing how the Gygaxian system we have been playing at for 35+ years has gone awry, in that we dont do the henchmen, nor acquire the lord/sage keep/tower etc as per the old rules when you got to level 9ish...granted we very rarely got/get to level 9ish in our 1e/2e games... and that modern RPG ( PF/D&D mainly) is all about epic levels , and how it is difficult to justify PCs playing at gods when you dril down into the nuts and bolts of it ( you can only save the world from world ending BBEG/dilema's once maybe twice in a lifetime?) ...anyhow, rambling, but my point is, somethign which was lost is the idea that higher level characters become the lords, and then PCs move on playing the henchmen ( true Gygaxian system) and the higher levels played at a D&D version of Axis and Allies.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Sahrax
Another detailed and ready character, the only thing I have is a suggestion: Swap out Crown of Madness for Mind Spike - so when you reach 6th lvl it will work well with your Expert Divination feature
Equipment: and another character loaded to the hilt, lol Plz add the following:
- a shortbow & quiver w/20 arrows or a short sword (your choice)
- 2 scroll cases
- paper (6 sheets)
- quills (2)
- ink (2 bottles)
- small bag of sand
- belt pouch with [roll0] GP
And add two of any of the following spells to your spellbook: detect thoughts, locate object, see invisibility, grease, burning hands, or protection from evil and good

Thanks, that's all good! I just took what the class/background standard equipment was, so adding stuff is probably unneccessary (but I'll take it! :D). It surprised me that the Haunted One background gave nothing in coins, so this'll fix that.

TallIan

Explorer
Magic item Rolls search : 1D20+3 = [2]+3 = 5

Number of rolls on table A: 1D6 = [2] = 2

Rolls on table A: 1D100 = [4] = 4
1D100 = [80] = 80

Cost of magical items: 1D6+1 = [5]+1 = 6
1D6+1 = [1]+1 = 2

Potion of healing for 30GP
1st level spell scroll 10GP

Coyote code seems to hate me at the moment.

100GP to search for magic item
30GP for the potion

Is there anything that I use the rest of the 500GP for, like purchasing mundane stuff, like more healing potions from the PHB equipment list, or possibly a horse?

TallIan

Explorer
Thanks.

Due to the dissapointing magic item search, I've had to scratch a bit to decide what to buy. Only thing left is Roriks spell list - I hope.

I didn't buy the scroll in the end.

Can I do hand-me-down with the various armour. Since I upgraded Rorik to Splint Edgar can get the Chain mail...

EarlyBird

Explorer
You can, but remember there will also be an armory, where Kordo Vas is the quartermaster. A place to bring in gear the groups find and store them so they can upgrade/equip NPCs and such.

Remove ads