Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [OOC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Ah, the DC was 12 using Aureus' rope of climbing.

So, it would be that again with the +2 bonus, and Aureus can go first to make sure it's still safe. (It would be an easy climb for Brutus too; he's spent years climbing up and down the cliffs along the beachhead.)

Anyway, just a suggestion from your friendly neighborhood DM. :D

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Round One
Timmins: 25 (encouraging Quinten)
Gareth: 24 (follows Caerth inside)
Rooks [x6]: 1d20+2=20 (flat-footed)
Aureus: 19 (climbing)
Caerth: 18
Brutus: 17 (follows Caerth inside)
Quinten: 16 (delaying/hold action)
Phar: 15 (casting fireball)
Rook Alpha: 1d20+2=15
Meridith: 10 (climbing)
Quinn: 9
Wieland: 9

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
@JustinCase and @Scott DeWar,

So, I'm going to have both Timmins and Gareth hold their actions until after the PCs decide how their going to attack. Unless you guys object, Aureus is going to climb up the side of the tower silently (using her rope) and enter on the floor above. She will then move to the spiral stairs leading down and wait for the others to attack. She will try to sneak attack a rook from hiding.

I will have prep to cast a fireball spell, if you guys agree that's what you want. Assuming @Scotley doesn't respond in the next day or so.

The rooks won't act until they become aware of your presence. Note that they are flat-footed.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
A fireball first, then rush in together may be the best option. Caerth isn't a strategist, however, so he's not going to suggest that, but will instead abide by his companions' suggestions.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
A fireball first, then rush in together may be the best option. Caerth isn't a strategist, however, so he's not going to suggest that, but will instead abide by his companions' suggestions.
Okay, so I'm going to have Aureus sneak-climb into the open hole and Phar try to sneak up and cast fireball. It would probably be a good idea for someone to back him up. While both Meridith and Quintin can Hide and Move Silently fairly well, she's a better climber. So, I'm going to have her go with Aureus and have Quintin back up Phar (although he might need some quiet encouragement).

Rolls coming up. :D

Having a strange headache that has lasted 3 days now; plus, I got hit with a 100 piece rush order.
No problem. I've been sick all week, so posting has been on hold. Plus my mom was in the hospital; she's getting out today.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Sequence of Events
Timmins and Gareth are holding their actions until after the fireball.

The rooks are unaware of the group. They continue chowing down of baby scrags.

Aureus climbs up the wall using her magic rope, discovers that the stonework is unstable, and disables it so it won't fall. Nothing sees or hears her; she's a ghost.

Caerth's action.

Brutus holds his action unless ordered to do something.

Quinten is hesitant to back up Phar, but a successful Diplomacy check will get him moving.

Phar sneaks up the stairs gets into position and casts fireball. | Fireball (w/Practiced Spellcaster feat): 8d6=30

The Rook Alpha hears and sees Phar on its turn! I rolled a 28 for its Spot and 24 for its Listen. It is no longer flat-footed at this point.

Meridith climbs up behind Aureus are just barely makes it.

Quinn's action.

Wieland's action. He'll likely back up Quinn.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I'm assuming Phar would put the fireball where it would do that most damage and make sure he doesn't get roasted. Looking at the way a 20 ft.-radius spread works, I'm thinking he won't get all the rooks in the spell effect. At least one will be outside the area.

Reflex Saves for Rooks
Rooks [x3] (center of tower):
1d20+7=19 (failed; but still alive)
Rooks [x2] (far left): 1d20+7=17 (failed, but still alive)
Rook Alpha: 1d20+8=15 (failed; but still alive)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Okay, so Phar roasted them pretty good and he can tell the standard rooks are on their last wings, so to speak. Aureus is still getting into position this round. She will sneak attack from hiding in Round Two.

@JustinCase, you're up next.

Remove ads