Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [OOC]

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
@JustinCase I haven't read all of the previous stuff; please elaborate on how your "worldview was flipped" here in the OOC thread, so that I, as the player, can get a better idea of what's going on with Caerth. I will keep player knowledge separate from character knowledge, of course; but if I the player know more of Caerth's history, I can better understand the implications of Caerth's behavior, allowing me a more full use of irony when I write responses for Angus. Does that make sense? :p

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Angus' Intentions:

It should take one round to move to / retrieve the lance.
The next round, he should be able to move to / retrieve the bow.

I am not sure where the Duergar fight is taking place, but if it's near where Angus picked up his bow, he should be able to arrive sometime in the third round.

Angus WILL NOT interfere, unless ABSOLUTELY necessary; and in any event, if Caerth intervenes first, Angus will hold back.

Angus knows this is personal, much like the fight with the champion was. Angus will gladly wade into combat if ordered to, but otherwise, he feels that "a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do." So he doesn't intend to steal anyone's glory.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
@JustinCase I haven't read all of the previous stuff; please elaborate on how your "worldview was flipped" here in the OOC thread, so that I, as the player, can get a better idea of what's going on with Caerth. I will keep player knowledge separate from character knowledge, of course; but if I the player know more of Caerth's history, I can better understand the implications of Caerth's behavior, allowing me a more full use of irony when I write responses for Angus. Does that make sense? :p
It might've been more than a day ago in-game, while confronting a wererat who eventually told the party about the lair where they're now fighting the cultists, that two allies (NPCs) admitted to lying (or not telling everything). The allies are called Sir Balorix and Sir Ghal.

Caerth, as a half-orc druid unburdened by the trappings of civilisation and the white lies therein, got angry, even considering attacking these allies (IC post 1,025). In the end he didn't, as you can read in the posts thereafter, but an important detail they let slip is that Aeron, Caerth's mentor, is not who the druid thinks he is.

post 1026 said:
"You don't believe me," Sir Balorix adds with a grim look. "You don't even know who he really is, he's no druid, so how can you know every thought in his mind?"

"Sir Balorix, that is not your secret to tell," Sir Ghal insists.

"If 'Aeron' had any honor, he'd have told this young man who he truly is years ago," the older knight snaps back. "He owes him that much."

As far as I can read back, Caerth has not had a chance to confront Aeron yet. (Is that correct, @Knightfall ?)

But his old mentor is now a.. sensitive matter. :)

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Oh, and reading this back, I see that there is an implication of a hidden identity for Caerth himself, too, but that has not been explored yet at all. It's a thread from the background I gave him, because his mother was (is?) a noblewoman. ;)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
It might've been more than a day ago in-game, while confronting a wererat who eventually told the party about the lair where they're now fighting the cultists, that two allies (NPCs) admitted to lying (or not telling everything). The allies are called Sir Balorix and Sir Ghal.

Caerth, as a half-orc druid unburdened by the trappings of civilisation and the white lies therein, got angry, even considering attacking these allies (IC post 1,025). In the end he didn't, as you can read in the posts thereafter, but an important detail they let slip is that Aeron, Caerth's mentor, is not who the druid thinks he is.

As far as I can read back, Caerth has not had a chance to confront Aeron yet. (Is that correct, @Knightfall ?)

But his old mentor is now a.. sensitive matter. :)
No, Caerth hasn't had the chance yet since Aeron helped take Lorien and the poisoned guard to Fort Symas (uhm, I think), which is roughly 36 miles west of Carnell on the highest hill of the Symas Hillocks. The hedge-druid couldn't completely heal either Lorien or the guard, although the poison was delayed. This means that Angus didn't have a chance to meet with Aeron, in person, before using the magical ring (that Aeron left for him along with a note) to fly out to Gurnard's Head. Aeron contacted Angus using magic to tell him that he wanted Angus to help Caerth.

The fact that Aeron wasn't actually in Carnell when Angus arrived is a key point that I should have mentioned to @Tellerian Hawke, but I forgot he wasn't there. :oops:

I guess we could say that Angus ran into Aeron along the trail to the keep (or at the keep) but that would be too much of a coincidence for me. Plus, that wouldn't have been the direction from which Angus would have arrived in Carnell. Lorien and the guard had to be transported to Fort Symas in a wagon, which can only travel 16 miles in a day, so it took them, at least, two days to get there. If they pushed the horses, which is not something Aeron would have agreed to do unless the situation turned dire, then the wagon could have arrived in less than two days.

The incident with Sir Balorix was likely more than a day ago in-game, but not more than two I think. Lorien was already out of action when the PCs went back to the island to evict the wererat (and his mate) on Lady Pendour's orders. That was before Maur joined the group. He arrived in Carnell after the wererat left with Sir Balorix for the southern part of the Strandlands near the city of Blackwater.

I'll have to go back and check the details later on in the day. I have an errand that must get done today. But, lunch first. :)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Added two new posts. The combat is officially over unless the PCs attack Xander after his surrender.

Today was a long day and my back is acting up. I think I'm going to go to bed early. I'll work on putting together the XP for the corridor fight on the weekend.

:sleep:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases