• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [OOC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Phar's shots missed. Tarrak successfully cast spider legs and crawls up the wall. Sir Ghal misses with his AoO. Maur gets an AoO too. Neither Caerth nor Quinn can make AoOs while Quinn is carrying the half-orc druid. If Tarrak survives @Neurotic's attack for Maur then the ghast lord ends his movement 15 feet above the bottom of the crevasse.

Quinn will be able to hit him from the ground due to reach but not Maur or Sir Ghal, but Maur could throw his hammer. (Hmm, how much longer does the fly spell last for Quinn?) EDT: No worries. It lasts minutes/round.

I'm assuming that Caerth's spell that allows him to fly didn't end when he went unconscious, but I'm going to doublecheck. At the very least, he has to recover his weapon from the ground on his next turn.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Updated battle map for Round 25...
Battle Against the Undead Horde_Round 25.png

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Here's a side view of the PCs and Tarrak in the crevasse. I've placed Quinn in a "recommended" position to attack Tarrak, if @ScottDeWar_jr so chooses. If he decides to carry Caerth up to the top of the crevasse as he planned when Caerth was still unconscious, I will update it accordingly.

Maur and Sir Ghal are not shown on the map since they are standing behind Caerth (and Quinn before movement) from this perspective. I've put Phar, Henry, and Aureus at the top of the crevasse where should be in relation to the PCs and Tarrak below.

PCs vs Tarrak.png

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
After all this, he escapes?! Where are those devils, I'm (Maur) making a pact immediately if only they kill him permanently :p
He's not out of range of Quinn's weapon quite yet this round. Ans as I noted, you could have Maur throw his warhammer at Tarrak. Yes, there would be a penalty for throwing a nonranged weapon, but it would be dramatic. ;)

Note also that there is a dead militia member at the bottom of the crevasse. A militia member that had a longbow and arrows on him when he fell. Since the bow that I gave him is masterwork, I'll say it survived the fall. Maur would have to move across one square of difficult terrain and 3 squares of normal terrain to get to the dead man. He could then retrieve the bow and use it.

Also, Caerth and Quinn can fly, so they can pursue Tarrak through the air. They can also carry Maur and Sir Ghal back up to the top of the crevasse. It might take both of them to get Maur back up to the top due to weight and carry capacity while flying.

Maur with all his gear (except his shield) weighs 268.5 lbs.

Sir Ghal with all his gear (except his throwing axe) weighs 253 lbs.

Quinn is carrying 60 lbs. of gear including his handy haversack. He has a Strength Score of 18, so his Light Load is up to 100 lbs; his Medium Load is 101 to 200 lbs.; and his Heavy Load is 201 to 300 lbs.

Caerth is carrying just under 80 lbs. of gear including his backpack. He has a Strength Score of 19, so his Light Load is up to 116 lbs; his Medium Load is 117 to 233 lbs.; and his Heavy Load is 234 to 350 lbs. If the number I have for his weight is right, Caerth with all his gear weighs 300 lbs.

This means, for Quinn, carrying Caerth would be well over a Heavy Load.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
@Neurotic, Maur throwing the tanglefoot bag this round, right? You still have to roll for the 20% miss chance for it since it is a ranged touch attack. With pious soul, Maur hits Tarrak's touch AC.

Tarrak - DC 15 Reflex Save: 1D20+13 = [1]+13 = 14 [failed] (Hilarious!!!!) :LOL: :ROFLMAO:
Now I roll a 1 on one of his saves!

So, Maur glues Tarrak to the wall as long as you don't roll 20 or less for the miss chance.

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Can Angus hit Tarrak from his position with a bowshot? He could shoot a few times before beginning to move, without endangering his passengers. He is ok with a bow. And he has that +1 bow, as well as his own strength bow.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Can Angus hit Tarrak from his position with a bowshot? He could shoot a few times before beginning to move, without endangering his passengers. He is ok with a bow. And he has that +1 bow, as well as his own strength bow.
Tarrak is no where near the top of the crevasse at this point. Angus would have to to the edge of the crevasse and fire down at him. I think we already determined that Angus has enough movement to move to the edge of the crevasse with one move action, so he could move and fire at Tarrak this round.

Remove ads