Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [OOC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Strength save: 1D20+4 = [15]+4 = 19
Fortitude: 1D20+9 = [3]+9 = 12

So the trip is tied... Does that mean it's succesful or not?

Fortitude is also tied, but I know that means I made it.
The rules for trip don't really say, but the general rule for opposed roles is that the opponent with the higher ability should win. Either that, or we're supposed to roll again to break the tie. If we going the former, then Caerth definitely loses the opposed role and the DGW knocks him on the ground. The DGWs Strength is 27.

If you want to roll again, I'm fine with it.

DGW - Trip vs Caerth (tiebreaker): 1D20+8+4 = [2]+8+4 = 14

Not as good a result this time for DGW.

JustinCase said:
Hitpoints are down to 28/71... Those things pack a punch!
Yes, they do. Especially on a crit. :sneaky:

Is paralysis a magical effect? In other words, can casting lesser restoration remove Litrix' paralysis?
The DGW's paralysis is an extraordinary ability. I don't think it counts as being magical, but I'm not completely sure. I'll doublecheck the rules later.
- - -

BTW, I have physio today, so I won't be posting either until much later in the day or sometime tomorrow.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Initiative Order (Round Three)
Caerth: 19 (hits once)
Aureus: 17 (hits once)
Phar: 15 (casts scorching ray, again)
Angus: 14 (hits twice)
Dire Ghoul Wolves [x2]: 14 (destroyed)
Dire Ghoul Wolves [x3]: 14 (all attack)
Maur: 13 (stands up from prone, hits once)
Quinn: 8 (prone; hits twice)
Litrix: 5 (paralysed; 5 rounds left) ⬅️

I will reply sometime tomorrow in response to Maur's actions, but it's time for round three. @JustinCase, you're up first. If Caerth fails the tiebreak, he will be prone.

Last edited:

We always played ties as "defender wins" - so if you're tripping and tie, you lost, if you're defending from the trip and tie, you win. It is a house rule, but it was, in my group opinion, more balanced than "higher ability wins" because monsters will always have advantage on that in STR or CON and probably lose on DEX depending on the character in question.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
The rules for trip don't really say, but the general rule for opposed roles is that the opponent with the higher ability should win. Either that, or we're supposed to roll again to break the tie. If we going the former, then Caerth definitely loses the opposed role and the DGW knocks him on the ground. The DGWs Strength is 27.

If you want to roll again, I'm fine with it.

DGW - Trip vs Caerth (tiebreaker): 1D20+8+4 = [2]+8+4 = 14

Not as good a result this time for DGW.

We always played ties as "defender wins" - so if you're tripping and tie, you lost, if you're defending from the trip and tie, you win. It is a house rule, but it was, in my group opinion, more balanced than "higher ability wins" because monsters will always have advantage on that in STR or CON and probably lose on DEX depending on the character in question.
Yeah, I looked it up in the SRD but couldn't find it. Makes sense for the defender to win ties, but then again, I didn't know the actual official rule.

Rolling again: 1D20+4 = [20]+4 = 24

Well, that is clear as day. :)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Updated battle map...

Round Three Begins.png

Remove ads