• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Legend of Cataya (Recruiting)

Q-Ball

First Post
Hey,

Im thinking of starting an pbp campaign Called Legend of Cataya.
The story begins like this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The land of Cataya is being invaded by greenskins. The people fear they will be overrun. King Midor wants to get the greenskins before they have a chance to ravage his lands. He decides to hire everyone who is willing to fight for his country for 100 gp each after the battle is done.

Many people found this a generous offer and decided to go along with it. After having set up a massive army of fighters and other warriors Midor decides its time to strike those foul greenskins. The battle commences and it seems to be in a winning situation but just when things are looking bright the greenskins employ a secret weapon and turn the battle to their hand.

You are among the wounded who are now being healed in the Temple of Clairview. A border city of Cataya. The king now once again stand in front of you and asks for your help to find the war counselor which has been taken by the greenskins. The king offers the massive amount of 250 gp each for finding Wormur (The counselor).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I must say im not that far experienced in DMing ... but i will try my best. My plan is to Post at least one time every 24 hours.

The characters will be built from the core book and splat books. Since my lack of FR is limited you can ask for some rules but you have to post it in the OoC (which is about to be made). Please include the Rules inserted for my convenience.

The system of making your char is a 25 point buy. However there are 7 points to be earned extra. For instance 2 players making 2 characters which have a common background for instance being brothers can earn you an extra 3 points. An extra big background can earn you a extra point as well. Special weaknesses your character might have, for instance having an allergies for greenskins might earn you some points as well. This is also on a Show en tell base. Post it in the OoC which im about to make to tell me what you will do extra and i might reward it with a point.

If you are willing to play. Just post below.

Grtz Q

Ps. The OoC is located Here

Pps. I forgot to mention that we start on lvl 1. This way your character kinda evolves in the sense that i would like ;) ..

As for the starting money. You all start with 500 gp (Including the 100 gp given for surviving on the battlefield)

Last edited:

Emerald

First Post
I would love to play a Half-Elf Rogue and have a background that I am thinking of. I will finish solidifing it and post it and her character sheet in the OOC later today.

Sullaf

First Post
I would love to join as well. I'm thinking of playing an elven bard. I will post him in the near future along with a background.

Q-Ball

First Post
Great :) .. Thats 2 people joining already... Welcome aboard :)

A note from sullaf already which I found noteworthy:

Extra building points are surely made by the next things:

+1 Extra point for being human. (That is your character, Not you yourself ;) )

+1 point for being a Paladin (It works cumulative with the +1 for being good aligned)

+1 point for being Good Aligned

-1 point for being a greenskin

-1 point for being evil aligned

+1 Extra point for having a background consisting of 500 or more words.

+1 Extra point for having an npc worked out which can be used by the DM ... For example a long lost love etc. Work out stats and behaviour as well.

The points from the first post remain the same. So consulting other players is always a good thing and maybe make a background in which you are brothers helps you gather points faster.

The maximum amount of bonus points is 7. So by getting all the points you ll get a 32 point buy system :)

*Note: You'll be getting the point when the DM approves. Needless to say that you always get a point when your for example good aligned.

Last edited:

Q-Ball

First Post
Its ok ... Once we start im gonna make a character post for all the characters who are in the game for sure :). I will eventually let this post die out once we got enough people Which i hope will be by the end of tomorrow. Im guessing 5 people makes a good start. (4 is the absolute minimum) We can always gather more as we go on :)

I thank you for your enthusiasm. I really liked your background. Its a lot better than the standard male character who goes about running away from home because he has to be a blacksmith like his father was for instance :)

Anyways I plan on staring in 2 days. Hope that we have enough players by then.

Grtz Q

Q-Ball

First Post
Sullaf,

When I read your character I see you made a 34 ! Point buy char. However the max is 32 since its point buy 25 + 7.

I'd like to see where you have gotten the rest of the plusses ?
I see no background. The only one i have seen so far is +1 for being Good aligned.

So cut the 1 points you have added yourself. And give me a reason for the other 6 which you did not yet explain.

Grtz Q

Last edited:

Sullaf

First Post
Actually it is 30...

About the points:
+1 Good Alignment
+1 Extra point for having a background consisting of 500 or more words.
+1 Extra point for having an npc worked out which can be used by the DM ... For example a long lost love etc. Work out stats and behaviour as well.

Which makes 28 but I already emailed you that I was going to start off with 30 as I'm making a rather large background which should at least earn me some extra points. I also mentioned that if that should not be the case, I would edit my character later, but fine, he now has an 8 in WIS, which makes 28 . As for the background I'm still working on it but it will be over 500 words and there will be plenty of npc's in it to work with.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads