[LPF] Buyer's Remorse

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Borric suggests, "Let's use this long table to make a low wall for cover, leaving a few knocked over chairs to hamper movement on the other side. Secalli and his family can hide in the dining nook where we can see them in case something comes in the back."

"Help me clear the tables and chairs to the kitchen so we have fighting room if the hound makes it inside our defenses."

When we are ready, master Secalli can you help us lure the hound in through the doorway. I will open the door and toss your cloak just outside. You, call out to tell the beast to come right in as you are giving yourself up. Then go run and join your family."

He outlines his plan to open the door from behind the table and suggests Iosef stand beside him against the wall with Thaddeus at the other end of the table against the wall. Everyone can have a special grenade-like item readied for when the beast lands.

[sblock=OOC]Place the roulette table on its side, diagonally from SW corner of F16 to SW corner of D13. Chairs overturned in E16 & D14->16 to make difficult terrain. Borric at F16, Iosef at F15, Syl at F14, Thad at D13. Everyone armed with either an acid flask or a tanglefoot bag (3 acid; 1 tanglefoot bag), readied to hit the hound once he lands at the doorway. Toss the cloak to E17.

Sound okay, Thad & Syl? Iosef looks like he agrees already.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 19 (17 without shield/flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 13 Current: 13
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +4 Reflex: +2 Will: +1

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & acid flask[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Magatha uses her second spell to soothe away the last of Borric's wounds, before hurrying over to wrap little Elsa in her arms.

Secalli steps forward reluctantly, "It won't be after me it will be after one I hold dear, but I am sure the beast will not pass up an open invitation. You are sure this is wise? You want me to open the door..."

OOC: Secalli's words are not a veiled DM hint or anything, btw, in case anyone takes it wrong. I'll give it a few RL hours and then if nobody objects, etc., have Secalli open the door if you wish to pick positions, etc go ahead and give me a grid reference.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Human Male Fighter

OOC: You know, "I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure." Sorry, wrong genre. :p

Borric thanks the old woman and replies to Secalli, "Doesn't matter to me what you say to lure the beast. Tell it that you are offering your wife or child to take. That wizened lunatic mage, Bareen, was going to do just that so the beast will likely believe you."

"I will open the door, you can stand next to me and shout, then run back to join your family. As for the wisdom of our plan, Calisto help me, I cannot say for sure. But we have to kill the beast some how and the best way is to gang up on it with us at tactical advantage."

He replies to Iosef's question, "Thad, Syl and I can lob acid flasks as soon as he lands and tries to enter. You can lob a tanglefoot bag. Then if comes in we attack it with the silver longswords we got. Thad can try the cold iron to see if that works. If cold iron doesn't, then maybe he can assist in distracting the beast with sword play to increase our chances to hit the beast with silver."

[sblock=OOC]Was there something confusing in the plan in the last post, or are you just yanking my chain? ;)
There is no door at I17, I think you meant E17. The door I am referring to is the southern edge of E16 right next to Borric's planned position.
Hopefully the beast will come from the roof and land right at E17 and we hit it with readied actions. And my suggestion if cold iron doesn't work was to use Aid Another melee attacks to increase our to hit chances for the silver longsword users since we were told those would work.

Borric doesn't know about Syl's Burning Hands Spell so if you plan to use that first instead of the acid flask, maybe Syl needs a better square to start in.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 19 (17 without shield/flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 13 Current: 13
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +4 Reflex: +2 Will: +1

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & acid flask[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Gerald007

First Post
"That sounds like a plan to me, Borric," Sylvain nods in agreement. "I will throw the bag to hopefully slow the creatures advance, while you three lob acid, then close to hack it down. I will hang back and can heal each of you one time. After healing you as necessary, I will adjust from there."

OOC: That is a fine square. The Burning Hands is more of a hail mary, if nothing else seems to be working.

rb780nm

First Post
"Your plan seems sound."

Iosef readies the tanglefoot bag and takes postion near the makeshift barricade.

OOC: your plan was clear, once I actually read it - I missed a bit in the middle of it first reading

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Secalli approaches the door clearly terrified and as Borric opens it bellows, "Come and get us you, you, mangey, metallic mongrel!"

Instantly the scrabbling and tearing at the roof - which is clearly having results - stops and something heavy and fast gallops across the roof. Secalli turns tail and flees sprawling in his haste and crawling around the corner with desperate speed.

Then a thunderous bestial howl splits the night, sending terror coursing through to the primal center of everyone presents being. Hairs stand on end and the vibrations of the dread hound's howl cause everything to tremble with the sheer power of the nightmare howl.

Screams of terror from the Secalli's and their servants make for a horrifying medoly of confusion and fear.

OOC: Will Saves please vs. a fear effect.

BuyersRemorseMap4a.jpg

Last edited:

Gerald007

First Post
The sound of that howl chilled Syl to his very core, but he rmained steadfast in his mission, and stelled himself to throw that sticky bag at the monster when it pops into view.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Sylvain overcomes his dread, but despite himself Iosef succumbs to a crippling panic. Both Borric and Thaddeus manage to shrug off their fear, having steeled their nerves.

Iosef's drops his shield and tanglefoot bag and turns to flee, unable to overcome the terror of the still reverberating howl. The paladin makes for the far end of the house desiring nothing more than to escape from the source of the soul shattering bay!

Seconds pass then a great golden beast, covered in rippling muscle, with a pair of slavering jaws, and great black eyes that sparkle with malign intelligence bounds down from the roof. Gravity seems to offer the Golden Hound no impediment for it walks upon the air as if it were solid!

GoldenHound1.jpg

OOC: Readied actions trigger!

[sblock=Actions]
Hound moves and howls. Iosef fails save and flees.
Hound moves, readied actions trigger.[/sblock]

[sblock=Iosef]I know it sucks to be virtually out of the combat, and I usually try to avoid things that do that. In this case though its too integral an ability for me to ignore and the monster I am using fit the plot so well. Still sorry.[/sblock]

[sblock=Panicked]
A panicked creature must drop anything it holds and flee at top speed from the source of its fear, as well as any other dangers it encounters, along a random path. It can't take any other actions. In addition, the creature takes a –2 penalty on all saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks. If cornered, a panicked creature cowers and does not attack, typically using the total defense action in combat. A panicked creature can use special abilities, including spells, to flee; indeed, the creature must use such means if they are the only way to escape.
Panicked is a more extreme state of fear than shaken or frightened.[/sblock]

BuyersRemorseMap4b.jpg

Last edited:

Remove ads