[LPF] Buyer's Remorse

Ace Cipher Zero

First Post
Thaddeus saw that his blow had been effective. And now that his allies were with him, he took yet another powerful swing, hoping to fell this beast as shortly as possible.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Sylvain steps forward and swings his dagger in the Hound's eyeline hoping to distract it, and Thaddeus takes the opportunity as the irked hound snaps at the dagger to drive the silver longsword into its chest up to the hilt! Pulling free the blade with an effort foul blade blood covering its length Thaddeus can tell he has dealt the beast a mortal blow!

The hounds body trembles and hair thin cracks begin to appear all over its golden hide, but with one last hate filled howl it hurls itself at Thaddeus! Its maw closes around the tengu's head and crunches close, sending Thaddeus tumbling to the flooe unconscious and bleeding.

Sylvain and Borric see the thing smile - a truly odd expression upon its canine features - before it collapses from, its efforts. The golden hide shatters like so much glass and the darkness at its core dissolves into a writhing dark mass which slowly dwindles away to nothingness.

OOC: VICTORY!

OOC: Thaddeus is at -2 and dying.

[sblock=XP]
Total = 1200 XP
Individual Share = 300 XP[/sblock]

[sblock=Treasure]
Comes in the form of the statue. And will be given out shortly.[/sblock]

[sblock=What was the Golden Hound?]
For the curious the Golden hound was a Yeth Hound advanced by 2 hit dice. It had 44 hp and Thaddeus's last blow took it to 0hp - so its attack took it to -1.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Gerald007

First Post
OOC: Wow! What a fight...great job everyone! And 300 xp takes us all to second level, I believe.

As teh beast falls, Syl quickly runs over to his feathered friend, and tends to his wounds the best he could, using his magical healing.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Iosef feels the terror lift from him with the beasts destruction.

Thaddeus awaken as Sylvain's healing magic soothes away the worst of his wounds. Secalli comes running around the corner and leaps into the air whooping with joy before throwing his satchel to Borric and collapsing to his knees and beginning to weep uncontrollably.

Borric finds the satchel heavy and since the flap is already open can see the shattered remains of the Golden Hound within. Oddly the statue seems to have become larger upon its destruction and it is obviously worth a small fortune.

OOC: Incorrect I'm afraid Gerald fast track in PF is 1300xp for 2nd level. With the time XP - see 1st post - I've just handed out you are all just over 100xp off leveling I'm afraid. The adventure was originally designed with 2 months of time XP in mind. So congratulations guys you've kept up a great pace and done a great job!

[sblock=Treasure]The remains of the Golden Hound 2276 gp.
Individual Share 569gp.

Note that this amount includes your Time Based Gold for the adventure.[/sblock]

Gerald007

First Post
OOC: Color me embarrassed, DM. I don't know why I thought 1,000 was second level. And who wants to sit down and be the treasurer for the group and divvy up the loot? Not me...we need a math person.

"Is everyone alright?" Syl asks, looking around at the rest of the group, and the Secallis. "I think that thing is gone for good."

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
OOC: Just thinking of the 3.5 figure I'm sure Gerald, took me a while to get used to it being different.

[sblock=Treasure math]
Right the way I see it there are two ways to divvy up - if you can think of another which you agree on we can use that. Either the treasure remaining is divvied up equally, or those who used items take their value out out of their share.

You can choose to take your share in straight coin, or to take items as part of your loot. Magical items cannot be taken by more than one person, mundane items can since they would be easily found. If two people want the same magical item simply roll for it 1d20 each highest roll wins - inc character flip a coin. Any remaining items are sold off, and any magic items not claimed will go into the inventory of the Mystic Pearl.

Items I believe have been used:
2 vials of acid. 20gp
1 tanglefoot bag 50gp
1 Healing Potion CLW 50 gp (is it only 1? Used by Borric did anyone else use one?)

If you agree to split the cost of used items I calculate total treasure as 6598.2gp which has Bran's share removed for the 1st encounter. So a single share would be 1649gp 5sp and 5cp.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Gerald007

First Post
OOC: That sounds fair to me, DM. So if I wanted to claim the 1000 gp Pearl of Power 1st, the 50 gp two Mage Armor scrolls, and a 50 gp potion of CLW, I would subtract that total from the 1649 gp with silver and copper leaving me, 549 gp, 5 silver and 5 copper?

And if no one objects those are the items I would like.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
"I cannot thank you enough, that thing it was... I, it took my boy, but you protected the rest of my family I am eternally in your debt. I am sorry for your comrades loss, but he died removing a great evil from this world. Thank you." Secalli says, eyes shining with moisture. His wife emerges breathing a great sigh of relief as she sees the Hound is indeed gone and wrapping her arms around her husband.

"Please stay and let us tend your wounds, I shall have the Bertrand take the coach into town in the morning an we will prepare a feast. its the least we could do. We can also have Bertrand take care of selling the posessions of those horrible men for you, he'll get a fair price, and he can sell the gold from the Hound to Florian's friend Sirus, he's a goldsmith and a fair man, he'll give you a good price." Mrs Secalli says smiling as he girls run up to hug her, and beckoning over an uncertain Nate Bareen.

OOC: Correct Gerald.

I'll leave some time for RP, and discussing treasure distribution, etc. Then I'll wrap thing up in about 6 hours or so from now. Then you can do any shopping you want, maybe visit the Mystic Pearl for magic items and head for the tavern if you are ready to go. My next adventure A Soul Indiscretion should kick off tomorrow hopefully so let me know if you are interested.

Gerald007

First Post
OOC: DM, I would love to have a spot in your next game, if you would have me.

"I think we can be convinced to stay around for a little while, Ms. Secalli. I expect it will be more peaceful than today, which should sit more comfortably with our frightened paladin," Syl laughs, poking some good natured fun at the young aasimar.

OOC: Sorry, Iosef, couldn't help it! Your fella had a tough go of it in this...

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Magatha comes in and nods approvingly to the heroes, "Right, well we are all exhausted and overtired ain't we dears? I suggest we all get a good nights sleep if we intend to have the energy to celebrate come tomorrow."

Mrs Secalli nods and begins preparing the children for bed, taking young Nate by the hand and speaking to him reassuringly. "Don't mind your new sisters Nate, they just like acting silly around new people. You remember their names right?"

"Yes M'am." Nate replies in a small voice.

"Good. Come on then girls time for bed."

OOC: Sure thing Gerald, you are in. Borric's already asked via PM, so I can take one more - which would mean 6 party members which is my firm limit.

Remove ads