MCU - a list of loose threads, plot seeds, and the like *SPOILERS*

pukunui

Legend
@GreyLord: I think you may have posted that in the wrong thread.

Having just watched the finale for Ms Marvel, I feel that show left us with quite a few loose ends. I know Kamala herself will show up next in The Marvels, which is about a year away, but I also still want to know:
  • Who were all the people with the glowing purple eyes when Kamala first put on the bangle? Were they "djinn" like the Clandestines? Kree? The creators of the bangle? Other mutants like Kamala?
  • If the Clandestines weren't really djinn ("If Thor had landed in the Himalayas, he'd be considered a djinn too."), then what were they really? And why did the Veil separating their world from ours kill them when they touched it? Is it because they needed both bangles instead of just the one? (And how did Najma use the Veil to give/awaken Kamran's powers? And why are Kamran's powers a different color?)
  • Where does Kamala's bangle come from? Is it connected with the Ten Rings or is that just a red herring? Did the bangle cause Kamala and Carol to swap places because it's Kree tech or because Kamala is Carol's biggest fan?
Hopefully at least some of these things are addressed in The Marvels, but I also really hope they give us a second season of Ms Marvel.

Last edited:

Timeline things. We know the MCU is currently set in 2025, or about 3 years ahead of real world time, but with Ms Marvel jumping directly into The Marvels a year from now in real time, and with other cameos by Captain Marvel, that should mean real time and MCU time will only be about 2 years apart when the movie comes out. I wonder how that will affect the year for everything else between now and then? Ant-Man 3 got moved up on the release schedule when others were pushed back, and that has the first major appearance of Jonathan Majors actually as Kang. I have the feeling keeping the MCU year straight is going to get ever more complicated. lol

edited to correct time gap

Last edited:

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
It is possible that only the end credits scene in Ms. Marvel takes place in the future, closer to the setting of The Marvels. This will be good IMO to allow time for Kamala in the film to be more experienced and proficient with her powers.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Another loose thread whats up with Stark Industires, is Peppa still in charge?
and does she know whats going on; first with Visions body (patent owned by Stark Industries) and now with Damage Control (a Stark Industries partmership* with Govt) and its more militant enforcement approach?

*I suppose the partnership could have ended post-snap

Last edited:

Rabulias

Not sure if you want to include the MCU-adjacent Spider-Man films, but we have the Vulture, the Shocker, and Mac Gargan (the Scorpion, but he is still just a regular guy at this point) in prison.

There is also Donald Glover's Aaron Davis (the Prowler, though again, like Gargan, just a guy, not seen in a suit). Miles Morales is his nephew, and Aaron does mention he has a "nephew in the neighborhood" in Spider-Man: Homecoming.

pukunui

Legend
I just rewatched Guardians of the Galaxy 2 the other night. I think that movie has the most credits scenes of any MCU movie. Is that right?

I'd forgotten that one of the credits scenes sees Stallone's character reunite with a bunch of others, all of whom I understand were the original Guardians of the Galaxy from the comics. So the fact that they put that in a credits scene could either just be an Easter egg for comics fans or it could suggest that they're planning on having that original team show up again in a future story, so I will add them to the list too.

Rabulias

So the presentation at D23 gave some indications where some of these characters will turn up next:
  • Valentina, John Walker, Red Guardian, Yelena Belova, Ghost, Taskmaster, and Winter Soldier(!) will be in Thunderbolts
  • Nick Fury will be playing a major role (along with Jim Rhodes and Maria Hill) in Secret Invasion
  • The Leader will appear in Captain America: New World Order (OK, he wasn't mentioned in this thread, but I did mention him over in the She-Hulk thread (She-Hulk: Attorney at Law trailer) and look forward to some followup. Too bad it's not a Hulk film, though. :-/ )

Rabulias

AIM: The Iron Man 3 antagonist Killian's organization may still be in operation. Some people thought the beekeeper guy in WandaVision was an AIM employee, but that proved not to be the case. Will AIM ever show up again
In the interest of completeness, AIM does show up in Hulu's now-cancelled (and certainly non-canon for the MCU) M.O.D.O.K. series.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases