D&D 5E More Interesting Archers (+thread)

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Yeah, rogue would be the sniper of archery; if you want variety in trick shots or multiple targets and the like, you need the extra attacks a fighter or ranger would grant.
Yep, or a “zen archer” monk who can bonus action shoot and has some open hand style “when you hit” stuff.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
An idea I have had for awhile, but failed to think of a proper way to implement it is an Archer drawing two arrows at once and shooting them both at the same time (with a penalty to hit if they want to hit two different people). They'd have to have Extra Attack, and expend two attacks in one and use the same d20 for the attack roll, but have damage rolled separately for each arrow. The benefits and disadvantages of this are pretty clear, if you get a critical hit, both arrows automatically hit their target, which is especially good if you have advantage on the attack roll, but the same is true for critical misses, and the fact that if it's the same attack roll, you don't get an extra chance to hit this round.

Anyway, it's just something cool that I thought could work in 5e, but I'm not sure the best way to implement it. Ideas?

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Rogue is probably the best - damage spike from sneak attack, ability to disengage as a bonus action to get away from melee and expertise on sneak (and ability to hide as a bonus) make for a really good sniper. Take Assassin subclass probably don’t need any special subclass.
... isn't there a 30 foot range limit on sneak attack?

That BM and my monk killed a dozen orcs from 500 feet away :D (poor GM)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases